What's new

Dubai Airshow 2011

many guys here have ignored thunder's superb ability of landing smoothly and slowing down without deploying any airbreaks or even jettisoning chute, that it demonstrated at the end. Like Gripen, F-16, f-18 it landed and slow itself down using horizontal stabilators, which are controlled by digital FBW system.

UAE F-16 landed before JFT demonstration, deployed air breaks and it slow down the same way that Thunder's did. but JFT not even used airbreaks either.

see both's landing again f-16 & JF-17, its simply remarkable to see that. it made my day.

many guys here have ignored thunder's superb ability of landing smoothly and slowing down without deploying any airbreaks or even jettisoning chute, that it demonstrated at the end. Like Gripen, F-16, f-18 it landed and slow itself down using horizontal stabilators, which are controlled by digital FBW system.

UAE F-16 landed before JFT demonstration, deployed air breaks and it slow down the same way that Thunder's did. but JFT not even used airbreaks either.

see both's landing again f-16 & JF-17, its simply remarkable to see that. it made my day.

And pilots professionalism was visible for his management of back pressure,speed and horizontal stabilizers. It was a very smooth landing...an example for young pilots!

At Last! someone noticed something of note besides barell roll and vertical climb. I just love the tight turns and remarkable recovery from a maneuver.

At Last! someone noticed something of note besides barell roll and vertical climb. I just love the tight turns and remarkable recovery from a maneuver.

His landing approach was superb, the way he turned from a high AOA to 13deg bracket it was so professional. The order of maneuvers was also shuffled, with addition of few more.

As i know, Pakistan has a big fleet of F-16s, and now they have JF-17, how do the measure up against eachother ? I am sure both Jets were measured up against eachother by the Pakistani Pilots, what advatages does JF-17 has over the F-16 and vice versa ? What did the Pakistani pilots say about it ?

As i know, Pakistan has a big fleet of F-16s, and now they have JF-17, how do the measure up against eachother ? I am sure both Jets were measured up against eachother by the Pakistani Pilots, what advatages does JF-17 has over the F-16 and vice versa ? What did the Pakistani pilots say about it ?

Pakistan, actually doesn't have a 'big' fleet, i mean i wouldn't call it that big.

But the numbers are significant for PAF in itself. JF-17s have been very well received and many pilots who were to train for F-16s (block A and B) opted for JF-17s.....(at least that's the rumor, maybe anyone can confirm it???)

JF-17 Block II is due next year, which will make it better than the PAF MLU-ed and maybe Blk 52+ F-16s, considering the AESA improvements and the wide variety of weapons and armament it can carry.

I mean, when it comes to devices like Targeting Pods, Electronic Intelligence pods, anti-ship missiles, Air to ground bombs....guided and un-guided........and BVR missiles, JF-17 does it all, whereas F-16s are handicapped as the planes must be supplied arms by United States, which is of course a hectic task for Pakistan.

JF-17 may have a slower top speed than F-16s, but as it matures, it can accomplish huge roles, which F-16s could, but in case of PAF, were severely restricted by the add-ons available.

Pakistan, actually doesn't have a 'big' fleet, i mean i wouldn't call it that big.

But the numbers are significant for PAF in itself. JF-17s have been very well received and many pilots who were to train for F-16s (block A and B) opted for JF-17s.....(at least that's the rumor, maybe anyone can confirm it???)

JF-17 Block II is due next year, which will make it better than the PAF MLU-ed and maybe Blk 52+ F-16s, considering the AESA improvements and the wide variety of weapons and armament it can carry.

I mean, when it comes to devices like Targeting Pods, Electronic Intelligence pods, anti-ship missiles, Air to ground bombs....guided and un-guided........and BVR missiles, JF-17 does it all, whereas F-16s are handicapped as the planes must be supplied arms by United States, which is of course a hectic task for Pakistan.

JF-17 may have a slower top speed than F-16s, but as it matures, it can accomplish huge roles, which F-16s could, but in case of PAF, were severely restricted by the add-ons available.
Good to hear. Such a great step by Pakistan in my opinion. I see a lot of Pakistani members very critical to Pakistani government, but seriously to be able to achieve great things military wise that no other muslim country, even countries with higher GDP's and better economies didn't even come close to achieving. We are proud of you guys.

To add more, our F-16 is limits, IIFF, bugs, and even Nabil confirm JF-17 Blk 2 is AESA, Air to Air refueling, Anti-Shipping and some of stealth from J-10B.

Keep it mind, the first time we received F-16s A and B (Block 15) in 1980s, compared to our first time today JF-17 Block 1 means >>> Block 30 standard (just like F-16 Block 15). Big differences?

A perfect combination of PAF's future muscle: JF-17, J-10B, and old fleets experienced F-16s. ;)

To add more, our F-16 is limits, IIFF, bugs, and even Nabil confirm JF-17 Blk 2 is AESA, Air to Air refueling, Anti-Shipping and some of stealth from J-10B.

Keep it mind, the first time we received F-16s A and B (Block 15) in 1980s, compared to our first time today JF-17 Block 1 means >>> Block 30 standard (just like F-16 Block 15). Big differences?

A perfect combination of PAF's future muscle: JF-17, J-10B, and old fleets experienced F-16s. ;)

I am myself surprised at the pace of development in the JF-17 program. When it first came out, i though it would be a stop gap like the F-6s and F-7s of PAF......but Block II is there and to be ready by next year means the Chinese have definitely mastered the avionics.......i think PAF should just keep the F-16s on the back burner, get enough ammo and be done with USA, probably the most hypocritical ally of Pakistan ever.

Let's wait and see what J-10s offer and JF-17 Block II.....no wonder Azerbaijan is so keen on getting it now.

Mash'Allah.

Al-hum-du-lilah.

Today, I feel proud. I hope Insh'Allah we get some orders from some brotherly countries.

I heard the Azerbaijani air force is interested. Have made any deal yet with the Pakistani and Chinese governments?

When the JF-17s are sold to Azerbaijan will they be Pakistani made?

I love new JF-17's tattoo black Panther on the tail! It consider tough bad boy.....:D

IG4YG.jpg

Thumbs up :-)

Mash'Allah.

Al-hum-du-lilah.

Today, I feel proud. I hope Insh'Allah we get some orders from some brotherly countries.

I heard the Azerbaijani air force is interested. Have made any deal yet with the Pakistani and Chinese governments?

When the JF-17s are sold to Azerbaijan will they be Pakistani made?

Here's interesting points, it takes times. Read it is process to meet customer's requirements!

6347769509_6c6ccc9b8d_b.jpg

:yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom