What's new

Drop the Double Standard on Japanese Defense

Well than I imagine it would probably be a little more complicated. To start with, I say we all sit down to a very nice Chinese and Japanese meal.

ha ha ha! i'm sure over peking duck and sushi we all could find common bond. and of course, as we enjoy a good ol' American Yuengling beer... :cheers: :laughcry:

You never hear of US soldiers raping and beating German citizens either. We are as white as them, you are not. In fact, we are whiter, blonder and blue eyetisher than the US. ;)

And our apologies to our victims are absolutely sincere, yours are not. :)

Germany apologized to the Nazi victims, it's good. I think the main reason is, some main European countries and the US are the same level (more or less) or better than Germany. Germany has to get along well with her neighbors, so the six major developed European countries signed the CECA in 1952. Just an apology, you win great economy benefits, everyone would do that without any doubt.

Asia is different, only Japan is developed country, in Asia, Japan has no rival that could compete with or surpass by. The rest of East Asia is just dirty poor, and the US transferred tons of high tech to Japan, so I can understand why Japan has no cooperation with China or Korea. Japan never consider other Asian countries seriously until now - they are scared of China. Next 20 years, Japan will start to consider an sincere apology, I just call it now.

Power trumps moral, always.

Last edited:
buffalo wings ?

What's that?

Buffalo wild wings is a popular American food chain. It's a good place to bring friends to; enjoy nice cold glass of beer, nice food, can also enjoy watching American sports on the tv...

A good bonding place !

free%20buffalo%20wild%20wings.PNG

Buffalo wild wings is a popular American food chain. It's a good place to bring friends to; enjoy nice cold glass of beer, nice food, can also enjoy watching American sports on the tv...

A good bonding place !

free%20buffalo%20wild%20wings.PNG
Oh I understand , it is a name of fast food restaurant.

I do not like American fast food , KFC, MAC,Burgerking .

The taste is quite different with KFC Mac here.

Oh I understand , it is a name of fast food restaurant.

I do not like American fast food , KFC, MAC,Burgerking .

The taste is quite different with KFC Mac here.

No no, Buffalo Wild Wings is not like KFC , Mac or BK. BWW (buffalo wild wings) is more of a bar setting. The ambiance is better.

No no, Buffalo Wild Wings is not like KFC , Mac or BK. BWW (buffalo wild wings) is more of a bar setting. The ambiance is better.
I know , some US restaurant has giant TV , normally showing sport video, billiards and bikini waitress .

I had lunch few times in such restaurant but I can not suffer the noisy music.

It is necessary that Japan re-militarises and acts a counterbalance to an increasing aggressive policy of China.
as for Vietnam, the government has expressed full suport for Shinzo Abe policy, thanks to the oil rig in our water.

Yes, many thanks to China for sending a fleet of warships in our EEZ. a big huge for sinking our fishing vessel and damaging many ships of our coast guard. Not to mention, the from China uniterally imposed fishing ban on our fishermen.

China can fool the world, but never Vietnam, Japan and Korea. the 3´s as close neighbors and sinized countries know the Chinese in and out. Japan is taking the right steps.

I wonder why people love constantly talking of the past, so about things that happened 70 years ago, but fail to speak on the current situation now.

Sure, Japan did terrible things. But what about China?
Yes, drop the double standard on Japan!

Last edited:
It's obvious that Japan will have to count on its own army in the future. THe US, just like any superpower in the past, will slowly lose influence. It's not a matter of if, but when. I hope the Japanese population will change its mind about the military too. just a handful Japanese people were positive towards the army when i was in Japan. This surprised me a lot since I thought Japanese would be proud of their military due the technologies they posses and due their proudness about their culture. the history is history, the present and future counts now.

In my parents' generation, there was a strong sense of antipathy. This is understandable. However, in the younger generation, especially the millenial generation, this has changed. There is a growing national pride amongst younger Japanese !

Even if Japans constitution was reversed tomorrow, it would take quite a while for her to eclipse the 7th fleet. Regardless though, I have absolutely no issues with Japan re-arming. As I know the Japan of today is a rational Japan.

Definitely, it will take a while for Japan to truly build a 'blue water' navy. The Japanese Navy, may eclipse the USN 7th fleet, but it it will not be on par with the USN Combined Fleet. Never. America has such an awesome navy. It is, currently, too powerful...!

Back
Top Bottom