What's new

Drones in slumber after Davis incident

Awesome

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Pleasant coincidence probably. But this will probably be the next thing that Pakistan will be standing up to.

Drones in slumber after Davis incident

ISLAMABAD: Whether it is a deliberate US policy or a mere pleasant coincidence but not a single drone attack has hit the country since January 27, when the American killer Raymond Davis was arrested in Lahore after he killed two young men.

The last attack was carried out on January 23 and so far over 2,000 people have been killed in such attacks since 2004.

The American Embassy spokesperson, Courtney Beale when contacted said that the embassy does not speak on security issues therefore she did not have any comment on the drone attacks’ stoppage after the Davis issue.

The Conflict Monitoring Centre, an independent research centre which monitors the drone attacks, confirmed that there have been no drone attacks since Raymond Davis was arrested. According to the CMC report there were 11 drone attacks reported during January 2011, killing 49 people.

At least 10 people were also wounded in these attacks. All the drone attacks were carried out in North Waziristan Agency of the Fata. No significant militant casualty was reported during the month.

January had otherwise been a busy month for the drones as five attacks were carried out.

The New Years day was the deadliest as the dawn of 2011 brought death for 19 people while ten people sustained injuries. The attack targeted a house while the second struck the rescue workers on the spot. Two other drone attacks separately hit two vehicles in the area.

January 23 was the second deadliest day of the month when 13 people were killed in three different drone attacks. In the first and second strike, a drone hit a vehicle and a motorcycle, respectively. In another strike, an alleged militant compound and a vehicle were targeted.

a move by the US. why make it more difficult for Pakistani politicians, during this davis period.

^^Thanks! Politics is a spin game. why else do you think there is a lull on the drone attacks?

Looking for "Suicide attacks in slumber after________ incident"

Will Pakistanis support the drone strikes if they kill only militants and not civilians?

Will Pakistanis support the drone strikes if they kill only militants and not civilians?

This is not possible because of coward terrorist who are sending teens suicide bombers and hiding themselves behind their own woman and children in FATA regions wheres drone attack targeting them.

Seeker u really cant point out from the sky that people which drone is targetting are all terrorists .Civilians dies there alot of them and what comes after is the living relative are turing in to zombies aginst Pakistani Army .and what Americans claims to kill blah blah terroist he came alive after a month or 2 and is in good health .
These drone attacks are no good for us in any case for they have done more damge to Pakistan than of any good .Other than they are against the very sovereignty of our country.They should be stopped at the very first moment.

Yes, I also advocate along with stopping all aid to Pakistan that we American tax payers have to pay for - that the US stop all drone attacks. Just before the drone attack started the Taliban were only 100 km from the capital of pakistan. I'm sure Pakistan can handle the terrorist all by itself.

When a recent TTP head was droned attacked , civilians died in that attack too- but Pakistanis here rejoiced that such an evil terrorist was killed

Yes, I also advocate along with stopping all aid to Pakistan that we American tax payers have to pay for - that the US stop all drone attacks. Just before the drone attack started the Taliban were only 100 km from the capital of pakistan. I'm sure Pakistan can handle the terrorist all by itself.
At least do some research before spouting off nonsense. Drone attacks were ocurring before and after the Taliban takeover of Swat, and it was the Pakistani military offensive in Swat and Dir that demolished the Taliban presence '100 KM from the capital of Pakistan', not US drone attacks. And yes, cut off all aid - Pakistan has the capacity to survive without aid, though perhaps not the leadership currently to take us down that road.
Pakistanis will support drone attacks when conducted on legitimate targets by Pakistan, not the US.

It would be too early to consider that Americans have stopped their entire war doctrine just for the sake of one potential operative (which is still to be proven by Pakistani law courts). There is definitely going to be a back channel diplomatic exchange which will show the course of where this whole situation is going. Drone attacks have preusmably stopped simply because they are searching for targets.

It is very unlikely that CIA would stop an entire war policy just due to a diplomat being caught. United States knows to do more than.

At least do some research before spouting off nonsense. Drone attacks were ocurring before and after the Taliban takeover of Swat, and it was the Pakistani military offensive in Swat and Dir that demolished the Taliban presence '100 KM from the capital of Pakistan', not US drone attacks. And yes, cut off all aid - Pakistan has the capacity to survive without aid, though perhaps not the leadership currently to take us down that road.

Pakistanis will support drone attacks when conducted on legitimate targets by Pakistan, not the US.

I think you misunderstand me- I'm all for stopping all aid and all drone attacks in Pakistan and leaving pakistan alone. You would not find a greater champion for that stance than me !

I was merely saying( perhaps inarticulately ) that the Taliban were trying to take over much of Pakistan before the drone attacks commenced.

I have to in all fairness say that the atrocities and wanton disregard for civilian life is also done by the Pakistani army too. In fact, is it not true that the US withheld funding for the army, when videos surfaced of Pakistani soldiers lining up innocent civilians and shooting them in cold blood few months ago?

I was merely saying( perhaps inarticulately ) that the Taliban were trying to take over much of Pakistan before the drone attacks commenced.
The Taliban are still trying to do that - what has pushed them back are Pakistani military operations, not a few dozen drone attacks on a couple of agencies in FATA. Your argument is invalid and incorrect.
I have to in all fairness say that the atrocities and wanton disregard for civilian life is also done by the Pakistani army too. In fact, is it not true that the US withheld funding for the army, when videos surfaced of Pakistani soldiers lining up innocent civilians and shooting them in cold blood few months ago?
It is not true - the people being allegedly shot were suspected militants, not 'innocent civilians' (there is no evidence to back your claim on 'innocent civilians'), and the Army investigation into the incident to determine the details is continuing.

And one or two incidents, criticized by the Army, do not translate into 'wanton disregard for civilian life'.

It seems US policy makers doesn't want to anger Pakistani Muslims in this charged atmosphere in this region and Middle East more and also with one of there own criminal spy already under Pak custody. More attacks can bring more people on streets of Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar etc. like Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria, Yemen etc.

Political reasons. A move went unnoticed. If they would attack, we wouldnt have any chances of giving him.

Back
Top Bottom