What's new

Drone strike in Kunar hits Pak Taliban HideOut

I don't understand, if we have been carrying out air strikes in this area and are planning a ground offensive what is the purpose of a US drone attack??

when you have intel you shouldnt waste time and take them out any mean possible, be it a US drone
Pakistan Air force striking, US drones are back, its a good oman, take out those fags

I think you should tell all of this to the families of the infants killed in drone strikes. The only way we can fight an insurgency, is on our own. Foreign forces will only create more problems, at a time when we must be united. At the end of the day, it will be our soldiers who will embrace Shahadat. Waiting for foreign help has never served Pakistan well in the past, and it never will. As of now, Pakistan is at war with an enemy backed by external, unknown forces. We can not afford any setbacks now.

So..Its established that we are US allies..

US Army Corps were operating from Karachi Airport! (hence attacked by Terrorists?)
US started drones again (after OK from Pakistan)..

I probably think I am more clear than I am sometimes, so I apologize.

The point I was making is exactly what you mention. There seems to be a common thought that the US and Pakistan don't work together on the strikes, which I was attempting to counter by pointing out that the only way there would be a CIA drone base in Pakistan, is with their permission and teamwork.
thanks for clarifying but you comments were taken at face value because majority of our public (that owns Ipads and laptops and one that owns nothing) thinks exactly this way.
I am a Pakistani after all .. so I cant claim to be immune to such genius traits that defy logic.

there are examples of very affluent and educated people in Islamabad that have very respectable jobs and sound educational and professional background who continue to believe that Red mosque was inhabited by unarmed students who were praying and were attacked by PAF and tanks and were raped and killed with white phosphorus bombs.

to add more insult to injury.. even the next door neighbors of Lal masjid believe that it was bombarded etc. No I wont lie they didnt use the word carpet bombing otherwise they would have difficulty in explaining how their immaculate lawns and their cars survived

Those are your opinion?

in the fog of war its sometimes hard to distinguish fact from myth, but enough sources have stated what kind of is the obvious....

i do believe however that despite some major directional/policy differences, we do share some common ground with the Americans and that ultimately eliminating the scourge of terrorism (e.g. groups like al qaeda, IMU etc) is in BOTH our interests. More so us than the Americans!

Intelligence work sometimes requires 'cheating'

the ISI cheated and tricked the CIA drone operators/Station Chief the day Mehsud got whacked

There are pakistanis who believe USA is on the side of TTP while valiant Pak army and afghan taliban fight against US and their puppet TTP.These type of hypothetical narrative only suits their interests.US like any other nation have their own priorities and TTP may not be their primary enemy,but one should remember that US was the first to oppose pak army peace accord with Baitullah mehsud and ever since the start of war they have been reimbursing pak army's cost of fighting TTP and have eliminated most of the top TTP leadership by themselves,while pakistanis with all their assets on ground and thousands of precision guided munitions(freely donated by US to fight TTP)has been unable to take out a single top level commander in all this years!

There are pakistanis who believe USA is on the side of TTP while valiant Pak army and afghan taliban fight against US and their puppet TTP.These type of hypothetical narrative only suits their interests.US like any other nation have their own priorities and TTP may not be their primary enemy,but one should remember that US was the first to oppose pak army peace accord with Baitullah mehsud and ever since the start of war they have been reimbursing pak army's cost of fighting TTP and have eliminated most of the top TTP leadership by themselves,while pakistanis with all their assets on ground and thousands of precision guided munitions(freely donated by US to fight TTP)has been unable to take out a single top level commander in all this years!

first of all we pay for what we own and that includes the PGMs youre talking about, they werent "free of cost" as you incorrectly claim

second of all some of CSF funds are reimbursement for things like allowing NATO convoys to pass through OUR national highways...that in and of itself is commensurate to the toll the trucks take on the highway and ensuring roads can be in a good condition for regular motorists

PA has been doing onslaught against TTP on its own initiative as its in our national interest to do so. It was the PA that was opposed to these peace talks (failed) which you talk about.

kindly be informed first

in the fog of war its sometimes hard to distinguish fact from myth, but enough sources have stated what kind of is the obvious....
If my memory serves me right, you said exactly the same when Baitullah Mehsud was killed by the Americans?

I would like to discuss this issue with you in depth, but unfortunately I don't have the time now, since next week is my US citizenship interview.

i do believe however that despite some major directional/policy differences, we do share some common ground with the Americans and that ultimately eliminating the scourge of terrorism (e.g. groups like al qaeda, IMU etc) is in BOTH our interests. More so us than the Americans!
I agree, but my friend, Al Qaeda and IMU cannot survive without the help of Afghan and Pakistani Taliban.

first of all we pay for what we own and that includes the PGMs youre talking about, they werent "free of cost" as you incorrectly claim

second of all some of CSF funds are reimbursement for things like allowing NATO convoys to pass through OUR national highways...that in and of itself is commensurate to the toll the trucks take on the highway and ensuring roads can be in a good condition for regular motorists

PA has been doing onslaught against TTP on its own initiative as its in our national interest to do so. It was the PA that was opposed to these peace talks (failed) which you talk about.

kindly be informed first
As for PGMs, I was talking specifically about nearly 1000 laser guided bomb kits given by US during SWAT offensive..
US to send Pakistan laser-guided bomb kits

And supposed toll fee for trucks accounts for only a small part Coalition support fund.The rest is reimbursement for the cost of fighting TTP.

The peace deal I was talking about was not the current one but the peace accord made between pak army and Musharraf govt in 2005, which effectively gave a part of sovereign pakistan to baitullah mehsud to rule SWAT as per his stupid shariah.Hell..pak govt even offered 20 million to baitullah mehsud, which he refused with dignity.

As for PGMs, I was talking specifically about nearly 1000 laser guided bomb kits given by US during SWAT offensive..
US to send Pakistan laser-guided bomb kits

And supposed toll fee for trucks accounts for only a small part Coalition support fund.The rest is reimbursement for the cost of fighting TTP.

The peace deal I was talking about was not the current one but the peace accord made between pak army and Musharraf govt in 2005, which effectively gave a part of sovereign pakistan to baitullah mehsud to rule SWAT as per his stupid shariah.Hell..pak govt even offered 20 million to baitullah mehsud, which he refused with dignity.

Well, you would be surprised at the cost of transportation and the cost of repairs and maintenance costs of the route where those heavy trawlers move.

And we will not even go into the estimated USD 80-100 Billion that we have lost because of this American terror war and neither will we discuss the millions of deaths caused by the American invasion of Iraq/Afghanistan or the gifts of the so called democracy to both countries etc!!!

Back
Top Bottom