What's new

DRDO successfully conducts proof firing of armaments for the 155*52 caliber ATAGS

Fantastic. Now lets make it enough moblie so that it can be easily transported to a remote area whenever the need arises.

Can anyone please list all the Artillery Gun Systems our government and private players are developing (with names and some details).
https://defence.pk/threads/drdo-155mm-52cal-artillery-program-atags.346320/page-4#post-8260275

OFB
106 mm RCL GUN
105 mm IFG E1
105 mm LFG E2
METAMORPHOSIS 155 mm GUN - proposed - Most likely now the BF - Elbit Beas Program
Dhanush 155 mm/45 mm caliber
Dhanush V2 155mm/52 caliber (under development : Do not confuse with ATAGS, it is a parallel program)

DRDO - Tata SED- L&T
ATAGS - 155mm/52 cal

Kalyani Strategic systems (Bharat forge)
Bharat 52 - 155mm/52 cal (based on GC 45 - not chosen by IA)
Garuda 105 Light Howitzer ( under negotiations- will most likely replace IFG E1's although they really don't need to be replaced)
Beas: Upgunning M46 to 155 mm 45 cal configuration - continuation of the Metamorphosis program.

TATA Power SED
155mm/52 cal Truck mounted gun system
105mm Truck mounted gun system
155/52mmTowed Gun (unclear)
155/52mm Gun Tracked (under dev)

L&T Heavy Engineering :
K9 Vajgra SPH 155mm/52 cal

Mahindra:

BAE M777 Spares and Maintainence
Pitched for archer - but IA doesn't seem interested.

I think that covers it. feel free to add anything I have missed.

Can anyone please list all the Artillery Gun Systems our government and private players are developing (with names and some details).

I'll list some with names. I most say, in recent years, the artillery scene has completely taken a 180. With Bharat Forge going batshit crazy.

qAVfrQo.jpg

c2TcWuW.jpg

Bharat 45

Kalyani+Group%2527s+Bharat-52+Towed+Howitzer-2.jpg

without autoloader
r3lF8s6.jpg

with autoloader

Bharat 52

nSTiuuB.jpg

Mounted 105 , Garuda - with Mandus

HbqX9Yo.jpg

XgJUSyZ.jpg

Garuda 105 - Lighter, electronic Indian 105 - with Mandus

57iVO5s.jpg

M777 Type Ultra Light Howtizer - with Mandus

1379230376_101571-4-f.jpg

Bharat Forge offering ATHOS with the Israelis

big-gun-2.jpg

Bharat Forge 130mm to 155mm upgrade package with the Israelis

Ic1BRZX.jpg

Recent news is indicating a partnership between Bharat Forge and Uralvagonzavod for a tracked 155mm/52cal, this isnt for the Indian requirement however.

DSC00123.jpg

Dhanush 45 on the left

Cemr3LQXIAAiDUL.jpg:large

Dhanush 52

MZFCTmM.jpg

OFB 130mm Upgrade to 155mm

b49aa6e4.JPG

TxPdzLV.png

Punj Llyod 130mm Upgrade to 155mm

Last edited:
https://defence.pk/threads/drdo-155mm-52cal-artillery-program-atags.346320/page-4#post-8260275

OFB
106 mm RCL GUN
105 mm IFG E1
105 mm LFG E2
METAMORPHOSIS 155 mm GUN - proposed - Most likely now the BF - Elbit Beas Program
Dhanush 155 mm/45 mm caliber
Dhanush V2 155mm/52 caliber (under development : Do not confuse with ATAGS, it is a parallel program)

DRDO - Tata SED- L&T
ATAGS - 155mm/52 cal

Kalyani Strategic systems (Bharat forge)
Bharat 52 - 155mm/52 cal (based on GC 45 - not chosen by IA)
Garuda 105 Light Howitzer ( under negotiations- will most likely replace IFG E1's although they really don't need to be replaced)
Beas: Upgunning M46 to 155 mm 45 cal configuration - continuation of the Metamorphosis program.

TATA Power SED
155mm/52 cal Truck mounted gun system
105mm Truck mounted gun system
155/52mmTowed Gun (unclear)
155/52mm Gun Tracked (under dev)

L&T Heavy Engineering :
K9 Vajgra SPH 155mm/52 cal

Mahindra:

BAE M777 Spares and Maintainence
Pitched for archer - but IA doesn't seem interested.

I think that covers it. feel free to add anything I have missed.

That's how it's getting confusing, TATA SED and L&T have their own programs, and they are also partnering DRDO in another program, OFB has its own project other than DRDO's...which one is Bhim, and which one is being developed from the Bofors design that we had...........too many projects with different names...very confusing!!

I dont see any competition to 105MM one. Most probably will be inducted in numbers.

That's how it's getting confusing, TATA SED and L&T have their own programs, and they are also partnering DRDO in another program, OFB has its own project other than DRDO's...which one is Bhim, and which one is being developed from the Bofors design that we had...........too many projects with different names...very confusing!!

Lol, TATA and L&T are not confusing. Bharat Forge is. Bharat Forge is the lead integrator of the DRDO new 155mm/52cal, yet is working on Bharat 52 and offering ATHOS.

So Bharat Forge is managing THREE 155mm/52cal programs. They have goals to be top 3 artillery producer on the planet, btw.

----------------------------------

artillery-systems.jpg

L&T, Samsung K9 Vajra - tracked 155mm/52cal (winner)

4b6e349e.jpg

L&T, Ashok Leyland, Nexter - wheeled 155mm/52cal (competing)

HxFaNGT.jpg

L&T, Nexter - towed 155mm/52 cal (competing)

7.jpg

Mahindra, BAE - M777 ULH (winner)

50-51.jpg

TATA Power SED, Denel - 155mm/52 cal wheeled (competing)

Last edited:

OFB 130mm Upgrade to 155mm

b49aa6e4.JPG

TxPdzLV.png

Punj Llyod 130mm Upgrade to 155mm

This M46 upgrade is quite interesting. As far as I know Only Israeli and the Serbians have done this.
OFB wanted to do the same with Soltam, but the barrel blew up and the project got stalled after 40 guns.

MoD still wants the upgrade, but now Kalyani- Elbit is offering the soltam solution, I think Punj Lyod is the serbian connection (I might be wrong),

Thanks to you @fsayed , i dont think i have missed a single news from this section in last one week, since you have been tagging me on every post of your's. Never mind that my name happened to be just one of the 15-20 names in your post. :)
Was it by mistake? lolz
It was deliberate:meeting:

Dhanush variants developed from Bofors design
@Water Car Engineer

I have some questions.

1. All, I mean OFB, L&T, TATA, Bharat Forge, Kalyani Group etc. have made prototypes of their Guns, with or without foreign partnership.

2. But the ammunition is made/is to be made only by OFB.

Question:

1. Will OFB allow others to test their ammunition in their gun?
2. Did the Pvt. companies developed their guns with funds from Govt. or from their own pocket?
3. If only one or two are selected, then will Govt. allow others to sell their Guns to other countries (friendly ones)?

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @MilSpec @Rain Man @Water Car Engineer @Dash @Ankit Kumar 002

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom