What's new

DRDO successfully conducts proof firing of armaments for the 155*52 caliber ATAGS

I have some questions.

1. All, I mean OFB, L&T, TATA, Bharat Forge, Kalyani Group etc. have made prototypes of their Guns, with or without foreign partnership.

2. But the ammunition is made/is to be made onlAthosFB.

Question:

1. Will OFB allow others to test their ammunition in their gun?
2. Did the Pvt. companies developed their guns with funds from Govt. or from their own pocket?
3. If only one or two are selected, then will Govt. allow others to sell their Guns to other countries (friendly ones)?

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @MilSpec @Rain Man @Water Car Engineer @Dash @Ankit Kumar 002

1. Till now OFB Dhanush series, DRDO ATAGS, and Russian and SK contenders have used ammo , during trials.

Bharat Forge on the other hand has till now not got permission to test its systems in India , so no OFB ammo.

I am not sure , but some say that Israeli ATHOS, the 155/52 towed artillery piece too was trailed , it must have used OFB ammo.

The upgrade to old soviet guns from Israel too use OFB ammo.

2. Bharat Forge did develop ( Buy out ) from its own pocket. DRDO and OFB are provided funds from Government. Others like M&M, L&T and TATA who are in tie ups have spent a small amount surely but that's negligible.

3. Yes, M777 will likely be up for export , Bharat 52 can also be as Government does not owns rights to it. Similarly foreign companies who tie up with private condos firm na can also expert. OFB and DRDO status isn't clear till now.

I have some questions.

1. All, I mean OFB, L&T, TATA, Bharat Forge, Kalyani Group etc. have made prototypes of their Guns, with or without foreign partnership.

2. But the ammunition is made/is to be made only by OFB.

Question:

1. Will OFB allow others to test their ammunition in their gun?
2. Did the Pvt. companies developed their guns with funds from Govt. or from their own pocket?
3. If only one or two are selected, tfhen will Govt. allow others to sell their Guns to other countries (friendly ones)?

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @MilSpec @Rain Man @Water Car Engineer @Dash @Ankit Kumar 002

It's upto the IA, If IA wants to buy from a new mfg, or foreign mfg it is their prerogative.

3. Yes, M777 will likely be up for export , Bharat 52 can also be as Government does not owns rights to it. Similarly foreign companies who tie up with private condos firm na can also expert. OFB and DRDO status isn't clear till now.

M777 will be a FMS import, Mahindra will be spares and service partner only. Mahindra won't be mfg the M777 in India.

FB_IMG_1483045925649.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom