What's new

DRDO pictures: maiden Flight of Rustom II

What I find odd is that with no sanctions, why doesn't India import an engine or do license production? Moreover, with its technical capabilities and budget, why can't it make a single 400 hp engine?

I am sure India can do a lot of things if all parties are coordinating correctly. Must of it's history this wasnt the case.

Never the less, UAV development is a rather new development for India. Engines are being made for several classes.

OdXuEx5.jpg

Kareri Dry Variant 50 KN

gXgvJ43.jpg

HAL 25 kN Engine for light planes and UAVs

7wGNxeV.jpg

YKTAErh.jpg

Manak Mini Turbofan For Cruise Missiles and UAVs

ffe26a971f8b1481d820594d865a060c-jpg.110201

70eef25dc72f3db0c103c8925f5d144c-jpg.110199

laghu shakti engine

Among others.

Stop it, all of you. There is no point in dick measuring each other.

This is a major Indian achievement, @Zain Malik, let them have their moment. @Muhammad Omar you as well.

@Kinetic @ranadd As for the Buraq being a copy, it is not. The design is quite popular, which is why we see a lot of drones look like this, including India. The Buraq/Shahpur's internals are mainly Pakistani, while the engine is the Austrian made, Rotax 912. The shell may be the only thing that Pakistan got from China, but the truth is that the shell design doesn't even have a Chinese origin; As I recall, the air frame has an American origin, from an miniature plane design.
Thanks for managing sanity.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom