What's new

DRDO pictures: maiden Flight of Rustom II

Good lord,that means what I saw was true.on 6th Nov afternoon I saw this drone flying.I also videos it,but only when it was far away.I also opened a thread on that.silly me.

Well certainly doesn't look anything similar to the "Indian air-force drone" in movie "Interstellar" one after which matthew mcconneghey went off the cliff thing could power a whole countryside:rofl::rofl::enjoy:

I am sure you were "butt-hurt" after seeing the word Indian Air Force Drone in movie interstellar :lol:

If I may ask, why dual engines? I've seen this on the Russian Altius as well. The only advantages of dual engines for a UAV are greater performance and redundancy.

But UAVs are meant to be cheap, reliable and have long endurance. Two engines increase expense, maintenance and fuel consumption. Why not have just 1 more powerful turboprop instead of two weaker ones?

As I understand this uses 2 100 hp Saturn 36T engines, each producing 100 hp. I'm sure India could procure a 200 hp turboprop... even a Rotax 914 internal combustion engine makes 115 hp, and that's the same engine that powers the MQ-1 and Shahed-129.

MQ-1

predator_01.jpg

Shahed-129

06d4f75c99f797203e0f6a7067000e09.jpg

As I understand this uses 2 100 hp Saturn 36T engines, each producing 100 hp. I'm sure India could procure a 200 hp turboprop... even a Rotax 914 internal combustion engine makes 115 hp, and that's the same engine that powers the MQ-1 and Shahed-129.

The current engines on the model are only placeholders.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom