What's new

DRDO Multical Rifle Unveiled- the next generation rifle for the IA

By the way,Indian Army is not overly crazy about bullpups.There was a bullpup design for the INSAS ar too,but they rejected it.
And in my personal opinion,bullpups for SOFs is alright but the infantry as a whole shouldn't be equipped with bullpups.

Trial Typo

Probably they should
Since IA preferred INSAS as standard rifle earlier and it was mentioned in F-INSAS objective to develop a indigenous multi-caliber gun.

This is great news then...I hope they come out with mini's, corner shots, snipers, hand guns and shot guns too as a complete package.

If the trials are a success, the IA would be delighted to have an Indian gun.

I hope it is very good and IA orders it in large numbers.

You are aware there is gas/direct impingement...i hope that was not absurd.
You are aware there is gas/direct impingement...i hope that was not absurd.

Now,I'm not aware of any such operating principle for self-loading firearms.What is it if you kindly explain.I know about some operating principles other,than,gas like blow back operation,recoil operation,chain,gatling etc but never heard of something like 'direct impringement' before-what,is it??

Now,I'm not aware of any such operating principle for self-loading firearms.What is it if you kindly explain.I know about some operating principles other,than,gas like blow back operation,recoil operation,chain,gatling etc but never heard of something like 'direct impringement' before-what,is it??
Long piston, short piston and direct improngmentation are mechanisms which derives blow back and recoiling functions.
search on youtube how a automatic rifle works..

Not all...some are gas/direct impingement(AR15s)
Direct impingment rifles will not have separate section connecting barrel. But we can see a leading just after hand grip so it must be either long piston or short piston.
mostly long-piston

Last edited:
Long piston, short piston and direct improngmentation are mechanisms which derives blow back and recoiling functions.

Oh man!!Those are not operating principles rather different actions under gas opration system!!Man I have fired SLR in NCC and I know about different pistons.But all of them you mentioned falls under gas operated principle.

Oh man!!Those are not operating principles rather different actions under gas opration system!!Man I have fired SLR in NCC and I know about different pistons.But all of them you mentioned falls under gas operated principle.And it's not improngement,the correct term is impingement.

Pakistan still can't make 5.56mm rifle. Obsolete,heavy, slow firing G-3s...

Why are you bringing Pakistan into this??They use what as per their doctrine suites them best,it's as simple as that.

Direct impingment rifles will not have separate section connecting barrel. But we can see a leading just after hand grip so it must be either long piston or short piston.
mostly long-piston

Well I'm guessing a long stroke piston because INSAS was modelled after AKM.But I would like a shot stroke for this one though.

Last edited:
Oh man!!Those are not operating principles rather different actions under gas opration system!!Man I have fired SLR in NCC and I know about different pistons.But all of them you mentioned falls under gas operated principle.
Yeah but i didn't deny any of your facts and was just explaining that even direct impingement falls under gas operation

Oh man!!Those are not operating principles rather different actions under gas opration system!!Man I have fired SLR in NCC and I know about different pistons.But all of them you mentioned falls under gas operated principle.And it's not improngement,the correct term is impingement.

Why are you bringing Pakistan into this??They use what as per their doctrine suites them best,it's as simple as that.

Well I'm guessing a long stroke piston because INSAS was modelled after AKM.But I would like a shot stroke for this one though.

These pakistanis burn in jealousy everytime a good news about India appears. They try to downplay it, degrade it or at the least troll. The G-3 is like our SLR ;

OBSOLETE
HEAVY
SLOW RATE OF FIRE
HEAVY AMMUNITION
MAINTENANCE HEAVY
NOT SUITED FOR CLOSE COMBAT
HUGE RECOIL

They can neither make nor buy anything good because for 67 years they have dedicated themselves to destabilizing and destroying our country, something which they have miserably failed at and their own efforts have largely backfired. That is why we are where we are and they are where.

These pakistanis burn in jealousy everytime a good news about India appears. They try to downplay it, degrade it or at the least troll. The G-3 is like our SLR ;

OBSOLETE
HEAVY
SLOW RATE OF FIRE
HEAVY AMMUNITION
MAINTENANCE HEAVY
NOT SUITED FOR CLOSE COMBAT
HUGE RECOIL

They can neither make nor buy anything good because for 67 years they have dedicated themselves to destabilizing and destroying our country, something which they have miserably failed at and their own efforts have largely backfired. That is why we are where we are and they are where.

My question is why are you bringing Pakistan??The thread not about them,lets not talk about their thing,let them worry about their shit.If you continue to bring Pakistan here,the troll brigade will jump in and the discussion will be destroyed.
And make no mistake bud,G3A3 is not even half bad let alone obsolete.It packs a very heavy punch compared to other present ars.At the end it boils down to the doctrines of the respective users and peoplecuse what suits their interest best.

My question is why are you bringing Pakistan??The thread not about them,lets not talk about their thing,let them worry about their shit.If you continue to bring Pakistan here,the troll brigade will jump in and the discussion will be destroyed.
And make no mistake bud,G3A3 is not even half bad let alone obsolete.It packs a very heavy punch compared to other present ars.At the end it boils down to the doctrines of the respective users and peoplecuse what suits their interest best.

7.62 X 51 looks good on only 1 gun, SCAR-H. Rest is raddi.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom