What's new

DRDO Multical Rifle Unveiled- the next generation rifle for the IA

Its alre
looks good. Any Idea when trials will be held?
ady in trail for past 2 years and they are doing required changes in terms of army's requirement.

This has been my favorite development on cards of DRDO in F-INSAS project
:woot:
Hope it gets into SP soon

Looks stylish like some Sci-fi!! Yes, just like this one DRDO should not announce its programme and instead finish certain product and give us a surprise like this one and put a huge smile on our face!!

Looks stylish like some Sci-fi!! Yes, just like this one DRDO should not announce its programme and instead finish certain product and give us a surprise like this one and put a huge smile on our face!!

You are right.DRDO dont mention about this rifle elaborately.But this thing is under trials for more than one year.

The ARDE multi cal weapon does
have a killer look but the barrel
looks to be quite short.And in
my opinion,ARDE should have
included the option to fire the
6.5mm Lapua or the Grendel
and 6mm PPC rounds instead of
the 6.8mm Remington SPC.The
Lapua has unmatched long
range terminal effectiveness.

Looks like DRDO retained major portion of MSMC

dsc00448s.jpg

I dont know if anyone remembers this, but it took ARDE-DRDO a LOOONNNG time to make the INSAS.

This, and all the other INSAS(MSMC, MIcro-INSAS, INSAS carbine, etc) offsprings look much lesser amount of time to develop. They are maturing for sure, sure not on par with western companies, but good progress.

Well, first of all congrads to Indian Defence Industry. It took 6 years for us to develop our own next gen rifle. First the productors make their trials. Then the military makes their own trials, winter and summer. After the trials, Army makes acceptance tests. If the rifle passes all of it. The mass production starts. BUT only a limited number of rifles are produced (it was around 50,000, as IA is larger than KKK, the number could be more. All those 50k rifles are sent to various types of units all over the country to be used as standart service rifle. After a year or so, officers sent their reports about it. If the rifle passes this one too, the final mass production starts. At Dec. 2013, Mehmetçik-1 took its NATO approved STANAG certificates. Damn! It took a hell of a time for us to start to final mass production. Anyways, I hope India will succeed in this project. Does it have any official releases regarding the development&production plans?

attachment.php

Well, first of all congrads to Indian Defence Industry. It took 6 years for us to develop our own next gen rifle. First the productors make their trials. Then the military makes their own trials, winter and summer. After the trials, Army makes acceptance tests. If the rifle passes all of it. The mass production starts. BUT only a limited number of rifles are produced (it was around 50,000, as IA is larger than KKK, the number could be more. All those 50k rifles are sent to various types of units all over the country to be used as standart service rifle. After a year or so, officers sent their reports about it. If the rifle passes this one too, the final mass production starts. At Dec. 2013, Mehmetçik-1 took its NATO approved STANAG certificates. Damn! It took a hell of a time for us to start to final mass production. Anyways, I hope India will succeed in this project. Does it have any official releases regarding the development&production plans?

attachment.php

Ours has been in trials for past 2 years but everything kinda kept secretly about the gun. Maybe now its completely ready so they made it open.

attachment.php

You're right, at the moment, it still looks kinda of "prototypee" which it is. It'll be in trials for some time for sure. And the finish and look probably will change before induction.

It may not even make it out of trials, like many of the other INSAS offsprings.

The butt stock looks like an M4 without the adjustable cheek support. The barrel and UBGL look exactly like the current INSAS rifle.The lower receiver looks allot like the M4. This looks nothing like the bull pup Multi cal. rifle that has been hinted at for years. I am surprised.

images

This looks like some uzbek gun model. Hope this is a product of DRDO and not a license product. BTW the color is much better than the brown color chosen for INSAS riffle.

-npm

Back
Top Bottom