What's new

DRDO Multical Rifle Unveiled- the next generation rifle for the IA

The butt stock looks like an M4 without the adjustable cheek support. The barrel and UBGL look exactly like the current INSAS rifle.The lower receiver looks allot like the M4. This looks nothing like the bull pup Multi cal. rifle that has been hinted at for years. I am surprised.

images

There were two designs shown, one bullpop, the other a M4 looking rifle. The design revealed shouldnt be a surprise really, maybe the bullpop one was built though.

Ajai%2Bwith%2Bcarbine%2Bbroadsword.jpg

TzJgg7E.jpg

This looks like some uzbek gun model. Hope this is a product of DRDO and not a license product. BTW the color is much better than the brown color chosen for INSAS riffle.

-npm

I've never even heard of an Uzbek made assault rifle.

The butt stock looks like an M4 without the adjustable cheek support. The barrel and UBGL look exactly like the current INSAS rifle.The lower receiver looks allot like the M4. This looks nothing like the bull pup Multi cal. rifle that has been hinted at for years. I am surprised.

images

Maybe they thought conventional design is better than the projected bullpup.
Its all depends on needs of user...there is no rule for a gun to be top class must be a bullpup.

Great development ....... a big leap from INSAS .

Any idea of the working principle ? I hope its gas piston ....

Any idea of the working principle ? I hope its gas piston ....

No it's water piston operated!!Why are you asking absurd questions mate??

There were two designs shown, one bullpop, the other a M4 looking rifle. The design revealed shouldnt be a surprise really, maybe the bullpop one was built though.

TzJgg7E.jpg

That's the MSMC semi bullpup sub machine gun on that poster.It was never meant to be the multi cal assault rifle!!It doesn't even fire the standard 5.56X45mm NATO rounds but miniaturised 5.56X30mm rounds.

TzJgg7E.jpg

Last edited:
That's the MSMC semi bullpup sub machine gun on that poster.It was never meant to be the multi cal assault rifle!!It doesn't even fire the standard 5.56X45mm NATO rounds but miniaturised 5.56X30mm rounds.

Please look at the poster on the right I expanded!! No one is looking at MSMC.

Two designs

TzJgg7E.jpg

Looks terrible like a bastard of the M16. What happened to that sexy design they had before?

Looks terrible like a bastard of the M16. What happened to that sexy design they had before?
Looks can be deceptive...
Even ARX 160, Galli are not bullpup design but they can do neat job

Jaldi trial karkey induct karo!!.. our jawans need to look cool :D
already in trial for past 2 years

Last edited:
Looks killer :cheers:
Badass :dance3:
:yay:
I've never put these many smilies in any of my post but this is exception.

already in trail for past 2 years

Sorry for being a spelling nazi , but I see most members make the error of spelling "trials" as "trails".

OT: cool looking gun, does this mean beretta is out?.

already in trail for past 2 years

Sorry for being a spelling nazi , but I see most members make the error of spelling "trials" as "trails".

OT: cool looking gun, does this mean beretta is out?.

Back
Top Bottom