What's new

DRDO developing onboard equipment monitoring system for submarines

Now making a conventional sub is easier than making nuclear sub but i dont know exactly why we havent made it.My guess is we hadnt enough money to spend on so many projects and on the same time for keepind defence preparedness we imported or manufactured it in India with JVrom other countries.

I think the reason was that the government didn't want to start two parallel submarine projects simultaneously i.e nuclear and conventional. If we can make the former successfully the latter is a piece of cake.

I think the reason was that the government didn't want to start two parallel submarine projects simultaneously i.e nuclear and conventional. If we can make the former successfully the latter is a piece of cake.
+Beuaracracy and short sightedness of our leaders.

Do you know that nuclear submarine project actually started in 80's?? :azn:

Try to tag my username when you quote my posts.

Last edited:
Do you know that nuclear submarine project actually started in 80's?? :azn:

Nope. A modern nuclear submarine is a technological marvel and it's no surprise that more than 3 decades have been invested before the first of it's kind indigenous monster rolls out :D

Nope. A modern nuclear submarine is a technological marvel and it's no surprise that more than 3 decades have been invested before the first of it's kind indigenous monster rolls out :D
Yeah and China also has only 6 nuclear submarines and only 5 nations have achieved this feat,go through this thread of you want to know more......

INS Arihant : The Complete Discussion

Hydrogen fuel-cell AIP is not an easy thing to make. Congrats if they could get it working on simulated land prototype,
now get it working on real submarine. If it proves satisfactory, we need not buy AIP from abroad like MESMA, Stirling
or otherwise.

Ah. It's raining good news today! First the underwater K-4 missile and now the AIP technology :D

One Question to the experts here: Why hasn't India built it's own indigenous conventional submarines?

Where has my good friend @jarves disappeared?
I am back :)

Back
Top Bottom