What's new

Drag woman by hair, rape: RSS member's advice on teaching Hinduism

No Mr. Bhat was no friend of hers. He is no leader and in fact that was the first time I ever heard his name. He was just one of those millions of anonymous trolls on the internet who leave tasteless comments. I have seen quite a few fights in my life in my surrounding, husband wife fights, friends fight, neighbors fights, bus conductor and traveler fights, and these are common enough dialogues. I will kill you, I will break you bones, I will do this, I will do that, blah blah blah. Even about women and their honor. No, it is not okay but it is something that every one takes in their stride because well people say things in temper which they do not mean. This is common knowledge and anyone who knows even a little bit about human nature would understand.

Your arguments are getting more ridiculous by the minute!!!

The banter you refer to such as "screw you" "f your mom" etc if happen between friends and that can be ignored because it is between two people who understand that neither one means the other no harm...

In this case, the person specifically targeted this woman, had a motive behind it, and spoke explicitly of what he intends should happen with the woman so she learn her lesson. ..
and in this case, it has to be taken seriously...
I dont even know why we are arguing about this....anyone in their right mind would find this threat not just offensive but serious..and Im glad that the woman reported this!

You seem to be the only one who wants to take it in stride...

Yes, that is how law and order is maintained. Only after a crime is done. You cannot arrest people for thought crimes. About threats, even the police were not willing to register a complaint in this case but because of group pressure and sustained petitioning, they finally acted. Even our intelligence agencies do not act on all the chatter they hear. It is only on credible actionable intelligence they tend to act. This is common sense.

NO IT IS NOT!!!!
You sound exactly like the Indian police...shows up at after the crime is committed!!

Let me get simpler with you since complicated thoughts are difficult for you to process...
Why do police in most countries go on patrol?
Why dont they just sit in their stations and wait for the crime to be reported, then take action?

Crime prevention and law and order maintenance starts with identifying threats....if we go bye your logic, we should never have riot police during a rally. Because at the end of the day, according to you...no crime has been committed...The police and riot resources should wait until shit hits the fan and then show up...no?

No, not every man threatening something is taken seriously, otherwise PDF would have been closed down by now. You can go to any number of youtubes and see the comments. I doubt those commentors threatening someone are in jail.

When an anonymous poster types something on PDF or say Youtube, he hides behind a screenname and has no idea of the identity of the person he is writing to...essentially its like people in a dark room yelling profanities at each other..

Those threats may not lead to anything, yet will count as proof of intent if the case goes to court...In this case, Mr. Bhat knows the identity of the woman, knows exactly where and how to find her and has made a direct threat going into description of the nature of the crime...
If you cannot dissociate between the two, god help you..
My only advice to you is, even though I may not be someone you see eye to eye with, is that if someone threatens you online with rape or violence, do not take it lightly!

In this particular case, I would to say "I told you so"....I hope it never comes to that.

You never heard a girl being called a whore? You never heard people say "I am going to screw your mother or sister or you?" Hey you live in India and are about the age of 5 right?

hahaha...well i mean you must feel quite smart knowing that a 5 year old can talk at and beat you at your intellectual capacity..

And I have heard people call others whore, c**t, and all sorts of flowery language..
What I have never seen is someone telling the other than they will rape by dragging a woman by her hair and beating her until she submits...
That's pretty graphic even for me and I have a sailors tongue!

There is no amount of semantics you can use to justify or prove that the threat this man made was out of jest or should be taken in stride!!!
You can choose to...unfortunately it should be pretty obvious by now that we dont subscribe to the same line of thinking..

Yes because you are not helping him get over his hunger, but you are making one more hungry man on the planet. You are a gun user you say because you want others to avoid using their gun? It does not work that way.

You are absolutely clueless aren't you??
The word is empathy!!
By walking in the footsteps of the poor and destitute, you understand their plight...hence creating empathy for those unfortunate souls...
By going through the same treatment that Mr. Bhat is recommending for this woman, he will understand the trauma that a rape victim goes through and learn to empathize with the victims...
You're oblivious to such such simple logic and I understan,d which is why Im being patient with you...

The right example for the gun analogy would be...
I am a trigger happy individual that loves to shoot innocent animals for game...alternately, experiencing a gunshot to your body would bring you to empathize with the animal...

I think RSS was the red flag and not the threat per se, because you are not much of an commentor on say Boko Haram sex slaves or the girls in Mosul. Much of your rant is against India, Indian culture, Indian men, Indian attitudes. Basically, I think you hate your skin.

See therein lies your problem...
I open my mouth and put pen to paper when
a) I know something closely
b) when I believe in something..

I can comment on India and Indian culture because that is what I am most familiar with and have most knowledge of...Having lived in India and different parts of it, I have a fair understanding of Indians and our habits in general....commenting then comes naturally to me because I i can relate to it and understand the complexity of the situation.

Why would i comment on Boko Haram or girls in mosul when my information and knowledge on those matters is limited?
And I did mention that charity begins at home, so i will clean up my house before professing to others...and I am true to my word!

Now if you think I hate my skin...so be it. I have little to prove to you..

I wont go into other threads now. I dont have the time, but just here in the comment earlier the way you mentioned the Indian man's mindset about rape. What do you think that was? I think it falls in the category of generalization. Do you think all Indian men hold the same view about rape? Do you think all Indian men are potential rapists? Now this is just one example among the many.

Logic came to die with your words...

Go back and read up...
If you are referring to my comment, rape is about power and domination, its not limited to the Indian man, that is a general comment and a theory supported by some evidence..

Secondly, nowhere, and I mean NOWHERE in this thread will you find me saying that all Indian men are potential rapists or hold the same view about rape!
You are being highly disingenous in my opinion, but Ill let you clarify..

Comprehension is an issue for you and I cannot help you if you can't draw simple inferences...

Oh no, please do not say you want him locked down in a correctional facility with TV and library and a lawn to walk on while we tax payers are burdened with his upkeep. I will agree with castration, but not sure if that man wont be a threat to public life.

You think prison is some fairy tale eh?

Ill let you guess why people are so afraid of going to prison..

And the amenities you speak of are mostly asssociated with prisons for white collar crimes..hardened criminals and felons get the full treatment..
Mind you, prisons themselves have unwritten codes....Pedophiles and rapists get exactly their pound of flesh!
Ill let you connect the dots...

This argument has been gone over umpteen number of times on this forum and soundly defeated. I am not in the mood to talk about it all over again. Go through those threads to shatter your illusions.

This is an age old line for those that run out of arguments...
if you have none, dont comment...but dont fake and claim that its been discussed and debunked...as in any court of law,..since you are claiming BS on my words, the onus is upon you to prove that...
I am taking time to write my thoughts to you am I not?

Besides, since the entire premise of the argument started with the "honesty" of my words, I'd like to hear your thoughts...NOT those of others!!

Re-integrate back? You mean those 1 to 2 million prostitutes in USA who die at an average age of 60 after they have run away from home after being sexually abused by their new dad or mom's latest boyfriend at the age of 11? Or how about studies claiming that 100% women in USA have faced sexual street harassment? The day you get updated, come and talk to me.

First off...your comments have shit to do with what I said, which is that women who have been raped or molested are able to lead normal lives, be in successful relationships, get married and even have the full support from family and society in the US!

But since you decide to bring up prostitutes and some other stats that make no relevance to the argument or the part of my post you quoted, I expect you to show me the connection here..

I am telling you this after having worked for US Hospital systems for the last 15 years where I covered most of the university hospitals and was privy to patients personal records and case history and personal histories and family histories.

ok and what has this to do with the fact that the US society is liberal enough to integrate women who have been victims of rape?

Coz at this point you are trying to add credibility to your argument by bringing in your background, which honestly doesn't do much for me..
Do try to be more precise here..

Did I say there is only one kind of filth? Did I say that what happened due to invasions and the cultural regression that came in was due to films? If the correlation is there, it is quite likely causation too. Not every time, but most times.

Correlation is never causation....likely is an assumption of the highest order.

Well then why dont you start by clarifying what you meant by your statement...
Your exact premise

Oh, you are EXPLORING adult concepts? Like incest? Like voyeur? Like Odepius complex? Like fetishes? Like multiple partners? Like hard and more hard and harder ****? Why these things will inculcate values. Learning history and geography and science will make people ethical. Once a person knows his history and geography and maths, he will no longer be an animal. Of course.

WTH are you on about?
Adult concepts means that if I want to watch ****, read about adult concepts, discuss them in an open forum (which i do quite freely, as do about half of the living people on earth), I can and I should be able to without the likes of you telling me where to draw the line.....
As an educated adult, I have the right to make my own decisions with regards to the content I absorb, as long as it causes no harm to others, does not promote exploitation of individuals and minors.

Do you really believe that **** and other "fetishes" lead to rape?
Because then whats good for the gander is good for the Goose no?

Women in the US and world over also consume a lot of what you might call "unethical" content...
Why hasnt the incidence of woman on woman rape or Woman on man rape increased?
Why is it only one sided? Why is it that rape continues to favor the more "powerful" gender?

Oh really. Like there are no sponsored studies at all? Like when you see articles like alcohol is good for your heart or eating more chocolates is good for you health, you believe that stuff? Ooooo, we have a baby in-house.

Lady, your biggest failure will be your arrogance...
I'll let this slide as well..

Because unlike those anonymous posters on blogs and websites which is mostly bluster, these guys were at my doorstep and they were threatening of bringing in guns.

But thats the whole point!! They didnt actually do anything....they simply threatened you (no different than Mr. Bhat) with guns and were at your doorstep thats about it!
Your entire premise was that you cannot take action unless some form of crime actually takes place...if we are to go by your logic, no crime was committed, yet you placed a restraining order?

So it seems that you are a mere hypocrite....You take threats metted out to you seriously, but those being doled out on the internet to other women get a blind eye from you to the point where you actually side with the criminal..

I have an issue with the way people are raising their voice, useless thoughtless chorus which went on to define the most absurd rape laws of any country in the world. Do not be surprised if tomorrow you are in jail because some woman wanted to fix you. It is not that I am anti-women or anti-men, I just want rational behavior and thought, not some harangue.

The only point I will agree with you on here is that there is room for error...
Especially when rape becomes a tool for blackmail..and there have been genuine cases of misuse...

Nevertheleess, those anomalies will continue to exists...
There are certain protocols that have to be followed to identify a rape victim...along with other evidence that goes to show that the person actually went through the tragedy.
But in the interest of women's rights, I think its a risk worthwhile...

Last edited:
It ain't a subject on which to troll either. So take a hike(or a pole, if that suits you) Bangladeshi.
It is time, Indian men admit that there is a rape epidemic. Recognizing this epidemic is the gateway to make Indian women safe.

Your arguments are getting more ridiculous by the minute!!!
The banter you refer to such as "screw you" "f your mom" etc if happen between friends and that can be ignored because it is between two people who understand that neither one means the other no harm...
In this case, the person specifically targeted this woman, had a motive behind it, and spoke explicitly of what he intends should happen with the woman so she learn her lesson. ..
and in this case, it has to be taken seriously...
I dont even know why we are arguing about this....anyone in their right mind would find this threat not just offensive but serious..and Im glad that the woman reported this!
You seem to be the only one who wants to take it in stride...

No. That this is no more even news or no one is talking about it other than we two on PDF says it was not worth spending time over. I am not referring to friendly banter but in cases of rage as in a fight. It is quite common to say "nimma amman keya" (screw your mother) or "sayis budthine, hushar" (I will kill you, be warned) in Kannada for example. I cannot read Kannada and so all I had was the following from the newspaper quotes "activists (like Prabha) should be dragged by their hair and sexually assaulted to correct their approach towards Hinduism." That is the kind of thing some do say when they get angry about some supposedly intolerable view. She wanted to report it because it would ensure publicity to a group which no one was giving a damn about. They managed to weave in RSS too to make their story big and dramatic.

NO IT IS NOT!!!!
You sound exactly like the Indian police...shows up at after the crime is committed!!
Let me get simpler with you since complicated thoughts are difficult for you to process...
Why do police in most countries go on patrol?
Why dont they just sit in their stations and wait for the crime to be reported, then take action?
Crime prevention and law and order maintenance starts with identifying threats....if we go bye your logic, we should never have riot police during a rally. Because at the end of the day, according to you...no crime has been committed...The police and riot resources should wait until shit hits the fan and then show up...no?

Yeah, Indian police are dumb. Indian police go on beat rounds too in case you did not know. During a rally given the probability of riots and mass stampede there is police, not to mention risk of high value targets in the open. Fortunately enough or unfortunately, however you may want to view it, we are not high value targets. So the threat perception level for us common folks is lesser than for the VIPs regardless of one off comment on twitter or facebook. Yes if it is sustained harassment, then it becomes a matter of concern like was the case with Amaresh Tripathy. He was booked for making threats to all and sundry over a period of 2 years and it was not until the crowds protesting against his threats grew to a crescendo that the police acted.

hahaha...well i mean you must feel quite smart knowing that a 5 year old can talk at and beat you at your intellectual capacity..
And I have heard people call others whore, c**t, and all sorts of flowery language..
What I have never seen is someone telling the other than they will rape by dragging a woman by her hair and beating her until she submits...
That's pretty graphic even for me and I have a sailors tongue!
There is no amount of semantics you can use to justify or prove that the threat this man made was out of jest or should be taken in stride!!!
You can choose to...unfortunately it should be pretty obvious by now that we dont subscribe to the same line of thinking..

LOL. Beating me? You are not even anywhere close. You call yourself an intellectual?

Here too he did not say that he will drag her, his statement was that woman like her deserve that treatment. Can you make out the difference? It is disgusting, but still there is a difference.

There is no semantics here. Just theatrics.

See therein lies your problem...
I open my mouth and put pen to paper when
a) I know something closely
b) when I believe in something..
I can comment on India and Indian culture because that is what I am most familiar with and have most knowledge of...Having lived in India and different parts of it, I have a fair understanding of Indians and our habits in general....commenting then comes naturally to me because I i can relate to it and understand the complexity of the situation.
Why would i comment on Boko Haram or girls in mosul when my information and knowledge on those matters is limited?
And I did mention that charity begins at home, so i will clean up my house before professing to others...and I am true to my word!

While you seem to have little info about other countries, you do seem to have a lot to say about how we should adopt all American rules because they are the best. So why do you not keep your suggestions to yourself until you get educated about the so called best systems. Considering how you find flaw in everything Indian, I am quite right on the mark about your inferiority complex and your subordination to the Great White.

You are absolutely clueless aren't you??
The word is empathy!!
By walking in the footsteps of the poor and destitute, you understand their plight...hence creating empathy for those unfortunate souls...
By going through the same treatment that Mr. Bhat is recommending for this woman, he will understand the trauma that a rape victim goes through and learn to empathize with the victims...
You're oblivious to such such simple logic and I understan,d which is why Im being patient with you...

The right example for the gun analogy would be...
I am a trigger happy individual that loves to shoot innocent animals for game...alternately, experiencing a gunshot to your body would bring you to empathize with the animal...

Oh enough of your empathy. I do understand where you are coming from. I do understand empathy too. If your statement had been he will feel the pain if someone did it to him too, that would have been empathy. But when you say someone should do that to him, that is not empathy, but revenge. I have no problem with revenge, I am all for it. Only, I would not take a high moral ground for it. Understand?

Secondly, nowhere, and I mean NOWHERE in this thread will you find me saying that all Indian men are potential rapists or hold the same view about rape!
You are being highly disingenous in my opinion, but Ill let you clarify..

What is your game plan to try to change the Indian man's mindset about the act of rape?

See that highlighted part? That is your quote. So Indian man's mind about act of rape. Not some Indian man's mind, but all Indian man's mind. Because that is what that statement implies. So what is your opinion Peshwa about Indian man's mindset about the act of rape? Do tell us please. Do you think they approve it? Desire it? Want to act upon it? Shun it? Abhor it? Please do tell me.

All this while you are also absolutely sure that all the rapes are reported in America and it is a perfect society. Talk about biases.

Go back and read up...
If you are referring to my comment, rape is about power and domination, its not limited to the Indian man, that is a general comment and a theory supported by some evidence..

No I did not refer to you comment on what rape constitutes of. I do not need or ask for a lecture of what is rape. I ignored this comment of yours.

You think prison is some fairy tale eh?
Ill let you guess why people are so afraid of going to prison..
And the amenities you speak of are mostly asssociated with prisons for white collar crimes..hardened criminals and felons get the full treatment..
Mind you, prisons themselves have unwritten codes....Pedophiles and rapists get exactly their pound of flesh!
Ill let you connect the dots..

Oh look, we have a bleeding heart liberal here. But you wanted Shariah? Imprisonment is not Shariah. Stoning and death sentence is Shariah. Again, not on my tax money.

Could it be you are a bleeding heart liberal because that is what the whites nowadays want to be? It is the yuppie thing to do? Nothing to do with justice, just aping the White?

This is an age old line for those that run out of arguments...
if you have none, dont comment...but dont fake and claim that its been discussed and debunked...as in any court of law,..since you are claiming BS on my words, the onus is upon you to prove that...
I am taking time to write my thoughts to you am I not?
Besides, since the entire premise of the argument started with the "honesty" of my words, I'd like to hear your thoughts...NOT those of others!!

Too lazy are you not to check?

Statistics | RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network

There are 18 million rape victims in USA, that is if there are 150 million women in USA, then 12% of their women have been raped. Now of course you will come back with how even frivolous non rapes are called as rapes, how all married women report their husbands have raped them and that is why the stats are so high. But stats show that 60% of assaults are not reported to the police. Every year only 0.25 million rapes are reported there as compared to 25,000 rapes in India with 4 times the population of USA. Even those 0.25 million rapes are just 40% of the rapes reported. That means more than half a million woman are raped every year in USA. With free sex, free booze, free drugs, your theory that rapes wont happen just got smashed.

Oh now you will claim law and order is superlative there, so the numbers, but what do we see? 97% of the 100% rapist receive no punishment at all. Only 3-6% of rapist go to prison. Wonderful justice system, aint it?

97 of Every 100 Rapists Receive No Punishment, RAINN Analysis Shows | RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network

Now you will say women can walk naked on the roads but no one harasses them, but that is not the case. 63% of all women have been harassed.

National Street Harassment Report-
Stop Street Harassment

Now do not run like a coward with an excuse that correlation is not causation. Produce the stats that shows India has unreported rapes in the magnitude of USA. Produce evidence that they are not reported.

First off...your comments have shit to do with what I said, which is that women who have been raped or molested are able to lead normal lives, be in successful relationships, get married and even have the full support from family and society in the US!
But since you decide to bring up prostitutes and some other stats that make no relevance to the argument or the part of my post you quoted, I expect you to show me the connection here

You mean to say prostitutes do not come from normal houses? You think all the 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 year olds who run away are running away from brothels? You mean to say that raped women in India have never gotten married? Or that there are not enough women who are cheating on their husbands and that the society has stoned them to death? Or that there is no premarital sex in India? Or are American women wearing T-shirts claiming that I have been raped to announce it proudly to the world?

So what is the integration that is happening there that is not happening in India? How many rape victims you know who have had successful married lives in USA? What did you base your assumption on? Or do they go through a series of husbands who all divorce the lady in 6 months to a year and dump her with 3-4 kids to raise and bring up herself.

ok and what has this to do with the fact that the US society is liberal enough to integrate women who have been victims of rape?
Coz at this point you are trying to add credibility to your argument by bringing in your background, which honestly doesn't do much for me..
Do try to be more precise here..

Hey reading about rape in childhood in every third or fourth report does tend to make one biased, you know.

Correlation is never causation....likely is an assumption of the highest order.
Well then why dont you start by clarifying what you meant by your statement...
Your exact premise

It is just that. If certain set of circumstances keep popping up together time and again, it is very valid to assume that they have something to do with each other, perhaps one of them is the cause. Sometimes, it may not be the cause, but most often it will.

WTH are you on about?
Adult concepts means that if I want to watch ****, read about adult concepts, discuss them in an open forum (which i do quite freely, as do about half of the living people on earth), I can and I should be able to without the likes of you telling me where to draw the line.....
As an educated adult, I have the right to make my own decisions with regards to the content I absorb, as long as it causes no harm to others, does not promote exploitation of individuals and minors.
Do you really believe that **** and other "fetishes" lead to rape?
Because then whats good for the gander is good for the Goose no?
Women in the US and world over also consume a lot of what you might call "unethical" content...
Why hasnt the incidence of woman on woman rape or Woman on man rape increased?
Why is it only one sided? Why is it that rape continues to favor the more "powerful" gender?

Oh ho ho ho. As if watching **** does not cause **** movies to be produced. You are the consumer, someone else is the supplier. There is exploitation involved. Oh you do not like to admit it, so sad. You think the availability of **** in small town kiosks and all that is not leading to corruption of mind and attacks on women? How convenient. Also how caring you are about women safety. You know when you see a two faced liar, this is one of those occasions. Liberal humanist, my foot.

More men raped in US than women when including prison sexual abuse | Mail Online

Still holding on to your cherished illusions? Viva America. Down with India. India bad. America good. White man good. Brown man bad.

But thats the whole point!! They didnt actually do anything....they simply threatened you (no different than Mr. Bhat) with guns and were at your doorstep thats about it!
Your entire premise was that you cannot take action unless some form of crime actually takes place...if we are to go by your logic, no crime was committed, yet you placed a restraining order?

Did I tell you they did not do anything? Was there a fight where my brother got injured and had to get stitches? Was I attacked? Did they leave with promise of bringing in guns? You are stupid beyond belief to compare a situation like that with a twitter or a facebook comment. But hey, I have got used to your intelligence level now. Even if the attack had not happened, the fact that they were at my place and threatening and were sustained in their harassment would have been enough.

Last edited:
Saint Tulsidas on Hinduism:

' Dhol..gawar...sudra...pashu...nari sakal tadan ke adhikari', literally meaning

'Drums, the illiterate, lower caste, animals and women deserve a beating to straighten up and get the acts together.'

Saint Tulsidas on Hinduism:

' Dhol..gawar...sudra...pashu...nari sakal tadan ke adhikari', literally meaning

'Drums, the illiterate, lower caste, animals and women deserve a beating to straighten up and get the acts together.'

Stop quoting nonsense distorted texts from anti-Hindu websites.

The first comment on that section should have given you the answer.

I do not agree it has an indepth meaning. All he meant was conquering the mind.

"Dhol, gawar, sudra, pashu, nari sakal tadan ke adhikari"
Literal meaning- drums, illiterate, of lower caste, animals, and female deserve a beating to straighten up and get the acts together.But what the saint truly meant was as below-

1* DHOL- The strings of the drum needs to be tightened to get beautiful music out of the instrument.He is referring to the HUMAN MIND which left lose can create havoc.Humans must control their mind.(irrelevant thoughts)

2* GAWAR- The human mind is ever in the process of learning and he refers to the thoughts of the human mind.We need to train and give food to the mind which are positive in nature.

3* PRANI- again its about the thoughts which can run as wild as an animal and needs to be trained in the right direction.

4* SHUDRA - He doesnt mean of/belonging to lower caste but keeping our thoughts clear and pure and npot of shudra pravrutthi**(nature)

5.NAARI- last but not least he talks about the attributes which are considered to be that of a female- kama (sensual gratification), Krodha (anger), Moha(delusion), Lobha(greed), Matsara - envy, Mada(Pride/arrogance).A human needs to dissolve or burn away the six poisons for acquisition of true bliss-ANANDA

He meant taming the mind leads to serenity. deeptii madarkal, 12 Feb '11 04:54 pm

By the way, according to Shashtras all humans are born Shudra. It is education (not the current variety) which differentiates people later on into being a non-Shudra (gawar). So literally he is saying everything and every being in this world need discipline.

Yup. Seen a few videos of buffalo sacrifices in Nepal. But I wasn't expecting it to be a common practice amongst Brahmins to eat their meat.
Oldies Brahmin still avoid buffalo meat.But most younger generation they eat buffalo meat.

V R Bhat, who is a prominent member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) in Karnataka is now facing a police complaint after he threatened a woman activist with rape on Facebook.

A Deccan Chronicle report says that Bhat posted on Facebook threatening Prabha N. Belamangala, a social activist who is secretary of NGO Janavignana Samiti, with rape. Bhat apparently wrote in his reports that "activists (like Prabha) should be dragged by their hair and sexually assaulted to correct their approach towards Hinduism," adds the report.

A NewsMinute report quotes from Bhat's post which read, "Poor things, what do they know, they think what they know is truth, (but) things will be all right if women like you are dragged by their hair and raped by rapists."

So what was the reason for issuing the rape threat. According to report, it was in response to a comment that Prabha had written saying that, " a great deal of contributions are made by the lower strata of people towards development of a nation, but the upper strata of certain religious sects take the credit."

As this piece by Subhashini Ali on NDTV points out Bhat not only criticised "Prabha not only for her lack of understanding of Sanathana Dharma" but added "she is one of those who reads books by the famous Kannada Dalit writer, Devanur Mahadeva, and is, therefore, assured of the unqualified support of other readers like herself."

RTXZ81J_opt.jpg

Bhat deleted the Facebook post but not before Prabha had already taken screenshots of the posts. She then filed a complaint with the police as did other activists in "different police stations in different parts of the state," according to the Deccan Chronicle report.

The report adds that while Bhat has been slapped with Section 66A of the IT Act, he later apologised on Facebook.

Interestingly after the news reports started coming out, the RSS has claimed that Bhat is not a member of the organisation. According to a report on NewsMinute, RSS Karnataka issued a statement which read as, " RSS Karnataka today clarified that it has no links with the Mr VR Bhat, who’s comment for a Facebook post lead to a controversy. The said person has no responsibility of RSS. His remarks were nothing to do with RSS and RSS will never endorse such irresponsible and socially unacceptable comment. RSS completely dissociated from the said controversy as it has nothing to do with it."

Bhat is the first nor is he going to be the last person to use rape as a viable threat on social media. Most recently TMC's Tapas Pal had hit the headlines when he had threatened to get the wives and daughters of opposition CPI-M members raped. Pal had said, "Earlier, you guys have bullied me on various occasions. If you insult the mothers and daughters of Trinamool workers. Then I won't spare you. I will let loose my boys in your homes and they will commit rape. I will teach each of you a lesson." Currently the Kolkata High Court has ordered a CID probe against Pal's statement.

What is interesting in Bhat's case is that he hasn't yet been arrested, given that the police has shown a rather unusual alacrity when it comes to arresting those who are guilty of posting objectionable content on Facebook

In May, Bangalore police had arrested an MBA student Sayed Waqar, for sharing anti-Modi messages on WhatsApp. Waqar's offensive message was a morphed picture showing the final rites of Modi being performed, attended by L K Advani, Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj, Baba Ramdev, Maneka Gandhi and Varun Gandhi. It had a caption: Na Jeet Paye Jhooton Ka Sardar — Ab Ki Baar Antim Sanskar (A false leader will never win, this time it's final rites).

Before that the Goa police had booked a young shipping professional Devu Chodankar for a Facebook post which said that the Prime Minister-elect Narendra Modi would start a holocaust in India.

One wonders if in Bhat's case, the police has given him saving time due to his alleged RSS links.

Source: Drag woman by hair, rape: RSS member's advice on teaching Hinduism - Firstpost
Few days later women will drag them and rape them. he he he.

@Indirani ............ 'secular intellectual' pashwa got r@ped ........ now one wonders if he wants to drag you by your hair :P

@Indirani ............ 'secular intellectual' pashwa got r@ped ........ now one wonders if he wants to drag you by your hair :P

For that he will have to be an RSS member. Secular liberal humanists do not do that, you know.

For that he will have to be an RSS member. Secular liberal humanists do not do that, you know.

Ask him about the great nationalist freedom fighter "Tipu Sultan". He has some enlightened views about him too :D

Ask him about the great nationalist freedom fighter "Tipu Sultan". He has some enlightened views about him too :D

He has gone in hiding since the above post of mine. Remind me about his bhakti for Tipu Sultan when he shows up.

Back
Top Bottom