What's new

Dr. Zakir Naik wins King Faisal award

Even a scholar can not declare someone Kafir, not unless that scholar is a higher authority than Allah (astaghfirullah)

Yes its only Allah (swt) who knows best , but scholars can pass judgement based on Quran & sunnah , in cases of apostasy & blasphemy ............in an Islamic state off course.

No one may be judged to be a kaafir or faasiq except the one whom the Qur’aan and Sunnah indicate is a kaafir or faasiq.

Guidelines on takfeer (ruling someone to be a kaafir) - islamqa.info

Last edited:
Yes its ultimately Allah (swt) who knows best but scholars can pass judgement in cases of apostasy & blasphemy and so on............in an Islamic state off course.

Guidelines on takfeer (ruling someone to be a kaafir) - islamqa.info
Many scholars' position on that is unfortunately mistaken and inconsiderate of Quranic context. Apostasy can only be declared when someone says it himself, not based on others' views.

Those guidelines in the article are mostly correct though, couldn't find much I disagree with except that someone who does not perform obligatory duties is not a Kafir, he is simply a Muslim who is wrong and sinning. He only becomes non-Muslim if he explicitly abandons Islam entirely, and even then we can't call him a Kafir.

A Kafir is not just a non-Muslim. It's someone who denies the truth after there is no doubt left in it - do you think that can apply nowadays? There are so many doubts, so many confusions - we are in no position to even think about calling people Kuffar.

(Quranic basis for this point of view: Kafir - Exploring Islam

Last edited:
Many scholars' position on that is unfortunately mistaken and inconsiderate of Quranic context. Apostasy can only be declared when someone says it himself, not based on others' views.

Those guidelines in the article are mostly correct though, couldn't find much I disagree with except that someone who does not perform obligatory duties is not a Kafir, he is simply a Muslim who is wrong and sinning. He only becomes non-Muslim if he explicitly abandons Islam entirely, and even then we can't call him a Kafir.

A Kafir is not just a non-Muslim. It's someone who denies the truth after there is no doubt left in it - do you think that can apply nowadays? There are so many doubts, so many confusions - we are in no position to even think about calling people Kuffar.

That's why i said only a proper islamic court in an islamic state can decide such issues not lay muslims like u & me. We must respect valid scholarly opinions.

Off course scholars take this issue very seriously and pass such judgement after serious considerations as can be gauged in the link i provided.

Last edited:
That's why i said only a proper islamic court in an islamic state can decide such issues not lay muslims like u & me. I don't know abt the opinion u hold but if there is a valid scholarly opinion saying scholars can pass such judgement , as a lay muslims i have to respect that. Also if your opinion is backed by valid scholars i have to respect that as well.

Off course scholars take this issue very seriously and pass such judgement after serious considerations as can be gauged in the link i provided.
You are right. That's why, until we have proper Islamic courts in a proper Islamic states, we should refrain from labelling others kafir or anything that they don't themselves approve of.

well i used to have a positive opinion abt him... till i heard him praising the likes of yazeed n so on..

I have a huge respect for Ahmed Deedat as he had the true insight of what he was doing. Zakir Naik, based on Deedat's efforts, built his reputation but then when he started giving his fatawa on aqaaid and calling yazeed a righteous man, I stopped listening to this joker. For me he is Zakir Na-laik now.

I have a huge respect for Ahmed Deedat as he had the true insight of what he was doing. Zakir Naik, based on Deedat's efforts, built his reputation but then when he started giving his fatawa on aqaaid and calling yazeed a righteous man, I stopped listening to this joker. For me he is Zakir Na-laik now.

This should be the position of muslims on Yazeed :

Yazeed is one of those whom we neither curse nor love.
:Our attitude towards Yazeed ibn Mu’aawiyah - islamqa.info

Dr. Zakir naik's views on yazeed frankly should be irrelevant to muslims as it doesn't make him a lesser muslim. Btw he did gave a explanation to the statement regarding yazeed. Its on youtube.

This should be the position of muslims on Yazeed :

:Our attitude towards Yazeed ibn Mu’aawiyah - islamqa.info

Dr. Zakir naik's views on yazeed frankly should be irrelevant to muslims as it doesn't make him a lesser muslim. Btw he did gave a explanation to the statement regarding yazeed. Its on youtube.

I have done a lot of research in this matter before coming to conclusion. Belonging to ahlus sunnah wal jama'a and al-hanbali fiqh, to clarify, the position you have quoted is the the position of a "particular" group on this matter and not of all muslims. Kindly, don't quote me islamqa or other copy/paste fatawa/pamphlets; I know what am saying, I know what am doing. Just ending here, la ikraha fiddin.
Thank you bro.

Last edited:

seems like you consider yourself more rightly guided then abu bakr RA and other prophet companions who declare the one who didnt pay the zakat as Apostate and fought against them....:D

Ahmed Deedat was a good scholar, too bad Zakir Naik (despite being his student) is really really bad.

Take a look at the lecture given by tahir ul qadri. May be it could clear something.

was this lecture given before or after he was collecting money because he want to buy emirate ticket for prophet muhammad (pbuh)...:lol::lol:

Zakir Naik congratulatioins

Maajid Nawaaz is a homosexual loving adulterer who mocked the prophet (S.A.W) and is on the payroll of the british government.

seems like you consider yourself more rightly guided then abu bakr RA and other prophet companions who declare the one who didnt pay the zakat as Apostate and fought against them....:D
Seems like you prefer twisting historical facts to suit your arguments. The apostate rebels in the Ridda wars did a lot more than not paying Zakat - they rebelled against the Muslim state, only shortly after Itmam al Hujjah without any valid reason except their own greed. Most of them effectively and openly abandoned Islam by following false prophets.

Besides, even if their only crime was not paying Zakat, Abu Bakr RA had the right to prosecute them with or without declaring them apostates as that was the law of the state and he was the head of state.

Since no such state exists now, and the period of Itmam al Hujjah has long passed, we have no authority or right to go around calling people apostates or kuffar, unless you consider yourself to be a caliph and on the level of Hazrat Abu Bakr RA.

I dislike this guy, praising yazeed the murderer of Ale-Bait - is beyond the pail.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom