What's new

Dr. A.Q. Khan Exposes the MYTH of Thar Coal and Riko Diq

AQ Khan was our mole in the west to gather knowledge for our program.
He bought in a component which he decided to use for his own benefits as well.
A person who has been KNOWN for trying to sell centrifuge designs to other nations(profit in the way of helping the ummah never hurt anyone) may deserve some accolades for his contribution, but has forfeited his status as a hero when he(along with others in the establishment) choose to make personal profit using national secrets.

AQ Khan was our mole in the west to gather knowledge for our program.
He bought in a component which he decided to use for his own benefits as well.
A person who has been KNOWN for trying to sell centrifuge designs to other nations(profit in the way of helping the ummah never hurt anyone) may deserve some accolades for his contribution, but has forfeited his status as a hero when he(along with others in the establishment) choose to make personal profit using national secrets.

the guy has sacrificed his life for pakistan, he cant go any where, he is on the most wanted list, and what sort of money he made on smuggling the technology to pakistan

only illeterate guys would call him mole, some thing of a spy, as mentioned in wikipedia, this guy was a genius and was supervising research on centrifuge technology in urenco

after drone attacks i have also come to realize that its the army who is more interested in money making, selling out our country soverignty for dollars, AQ khan was just a scapegoat for musharraf to close the case of nuclear proliferation other wise i think khan was innocent, it were army generals who were/are the main culprits

i was amazed to see samar mubarak a nuclear scientist conducting gasification and projects, and as AQ khan is a metallurgical engineer i will consider his opinion not just baseless
Since you admit that AQ Khan was a 'metallurgical engineer' you also have to admit that a complex program involving multiple complex processes and systems could not possible be setup by one 'metallurgical engineer' alone.

AQ Khan certainly played a crucial role in Pakistan's nuclear program, but he was by no means the only one, and only a small piece of the puzzle.

As for the part about Samar vs AQ - I doubt Samar is running the gasification project as a one man show - he may be leading the project, but probably has the necessary engineers and scientists with the relevant educational background actually doing the engineering and research work.

People need to realize that complex industrial systems are not, and CANNOT, be one man shows. Leadership is important no doubt, but it takes a lot of people with the relevant skills and talent and a lot of resources to accomplish things like establishing a functioning military and civilian nuclear program, or for that matter a successful coal gasification project.

Since you admit that AQ Khan was a 'metallurgical engineer' you also have to admit that a complex program involving multiple complex processes and systems could not possible be setup by one 'metallurgical engineer' alone.

AQ Khan certainly played a crucial role in Pakistan's nuclear program, but he was by no means the only one, and only a small piece of the puzzle.

As for the part about Samar vs AQ - I doubt Samar is running the gasification project as a one man show - he may be leading the project, but probably has the necessary engineers and scientists with the relevant educational background actually doing the engineering and research work.

People need to realize that complex industrial systems are not, and CANNOT, be one man shows. Leadership is important no doubt, but it takes a lot of people with the relevant skills and talent and a lot of resources to accomplish things like establishing a functioning military and civilian nuclear program, or for that matter a successful coal gasification project.

metallurgical engineer plus nuclear scientist

aq khan was involved in complicated RnD process in urenco in europe

How could I disagree with this article after having touched and researched about the quality of this coal for the past 2 years. Not sure if I have already posted this factual data on this forum but we need to get out of fantasy land and understand that things are not what people have suggested. We are screwed royally when it comes to renewable energy in this country. We need to get energy out of things we really have no dispute of having abundant. Sun and Wind.

only illeterate guys would call him mole, some thing of a spy, as mentioned in wikipedia, this guy was a genius and was supervising research on centrifuge technology in urenco
Don't get your panties in a bunch - a 'mole' is another term for 'spy'.

Secondly, regardless of how brilliant AQ Khan may have been, he was still a 'metallurgist' and even if he 'invented' Pakistan's centrifuge technology all by himself from scratch, it still means that he was just one part of a massive industrial and scientific process.

BTW, Pakistan, reportedly, has developed far more advanced centrifuges since then, I believe after AQ Khan was not even actively involved in R&D at Kahuta, which illustrates the fact that Pakistan's nuclear program was not a 'one man show' as it is often made out to be.

I think a quick jaunt to wiki or somewhere else to understand the complexity of a nuclear program, and everything that goes into it, is in order to rid yourself of this 'AQ Khan worship'.

Don't get your panties in a bunch - a 'mole' is another term for 'spy'.

Secondly, regardless of how brilliant AQ Khan may have been, he was still a 'metallurgist' and even if he 'invented' Pakistan's centrifuge technology all by himself from scratch, it still means that he was just one part of a massive industrial and scientific process.

BTW, Pakistan, reportedly, has developed far more advanced centrifuges since then, I believe after AQ Khan was not even actively involved in R&D at Kahuta, which illustrates the fact that Pakistan's nuclear program was not a 'one man show' as it is often made out to be.

I think a quick jaunt to wiki or somewhere else to understand the complexity of a nuclear program, and everything that goes into it, is in order to rid yourself of this 'AQ Khan worship'.

laying the foundation for something big is an achievement, now china is helping pakistan in nuclear technology too, they are making reactors for us, we are not doing much

btw i dont wear panties

laying the foundation for something big is an achievement, now china is helping pakistan in nuclear technology too, they are making reactors for us, we are not doing much
My question is about the foundation itself that AQ Khan is claimed to have laid - what was it? Centrifuges alone? A critical component no doubt, but not the only component. My point is that AQ Khan was only one cog in the machine - if his contribution was critical, then so was that of the other scientists and engineers.
btw i dont wear panties
Its a colloquialism meant to suggest that you were taking offense at something where offense was not intended i.e. the term 'mole' was used to mean 'spy', and not as a derogatory term.

"And I did this and I did that"..
the rivalry between KRL and PAEC(and NESCOM) is well known..
Khan saab has got his own private empire and is looking after business interests.
Nothing more.

Parts of what he has said, seem to be spot on. The best way to deal with this energy crisis is to allow foreign firms to come and invest in Pakistan. Be it British, American or Chinese. They bring in their own capital and infrastructure and you allow them tax breaks and provide security. That's it.

My dad worked for National Power (UK) and their international de-merged business in Pakistan as International Power. They operate two of the largest thermal plants in Pakistan.....Kod Addu Power and Hub Power. I have been to Hub Power so many times that i know every detail how it works.

What i mean is, that let private companies come in. No body will give government money to build more plants.....long gone are the days when World Bank/West would finance projects like Tarbela etc.

So let private companies open up and deal with it.

Engro Has started it's Qadirpur Plant and is quite Successful. So have so many others.

Government needs to come clear on it's vision.

Though as an aspiring engineer myself, i would say, Pakistan's long term goal should be nuclear power. But because our domestic and foreign policy is so screwed up, i don't see that happening.

^^ What are you talking about? Its absurd to even suggest one should continue with nuclear power route when every developed nation is scaling down nuclear power projects. Really, what are we going to do with all the nuclear waste? fling it into space? or bury it into our fertile soil? The cost of maintaining this highly radioactive waste for thousands of years outweighs whatever benefit it gives in short-term.

Here read Dr. Abdul H. Nayyer and try to understand the national policy before blaming the foreign policy.

"Pakistan will get nuclear power reactors manufactured in China on soft payment conditions. The fuel will come from China, and the highly toxic spent fuel will be stored in Pakistan. Each of the new reactors would cost an arm and a leg, and yet each would add only 1.5% to the installed electricity generation capacity. Nuclear electricity is viable only in countries that are short of other options. Many countries of the world have therefore shunned it for ever. The main reasons why Pakistan is insisting on buying new reactors include (a) it wants to secure the same status of global acceptability as a nuclear state as India has acquired after the US-India nuclear deal, overcoming the embargo the international nuclear agreements had imposed on it after the 1998 nuclear tests; (b) nuclear reactors provide a raison d'etre to the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission."

PAEC

May want to read this too:
Nuclear waste dumping taking toll

Second, what is the point of handing over national assets to foreign companies when you can develop projects yourself and become self-reliant in the process? I really don't understand the 'let others do things for us and we will make money off it' schemes.

As for A. Q. Khan, he has had these rivalries with PAEC since forever and I don't accept his argument for the same reasons All-Green has mentioned. Dr. Samar Mubarakmand is a good leader and, along with his team, he is on the right track with Thar Pak Project.

Back
Top Bottom