What's new

Dr. A.Q. Khan Exposes the MYTH of Thar Coal and Riko Diq

What i have learned from somewhere that Chinese and Pakistani Scientist are doing some serious and sophisticated research for coal (Thar?) project/mining in Pakistan. I would like to know the details in future but still not something on the table to cherish or discuss further right now.

Personalities aside, please remember: BOTH sides are guilty of exaggeration.

However, I have voiced my skepticism of power generation claims from the beginning. Now that a test burn is near, the success, or lack thereof, will be plain for all to see.

However, I have voiced my skepticism of power generation claims from the beginning. Now that a test burn is near, the success, or lack thereof, will be plain for all to see.

That may well be the case. However, AQ Khan saheb has a history of creating rifts and doubts in order to self project his image. This is not the case with other people and Dr Samar has a good reputation generally . At some stage we will have to have faith in our own and let them get on with it.
Araz

I think Khan Sahab is using old figures of estimated Coal reserves in the country.

Remember the interview of the Head of Engro Energy Pakistan? Remember he said he has been allocated only one block out of many and the estimated coal reserves were 2.5 billion tonnes in that single unit/block only... but after the through geological survey conducted by two Chinese experts whose combined experience was of about 80 years in this sector.... They had confirmed the total reserves in that single unit exceeds 3 billion tonnes (higher than expectations)

We haven't touched other units or blocks yet and the article becomes value-less... :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Typical Pakistani mentality being displayed.

While Dr. Khan is TRUE regarding Reko Diq and Thar Coal

But his CHEAP SHOT at PAEC smells of JEALOUSY.

------------

People in our country just CANNOT TOLERATE someone else's ACHIEVEMENT, STRUGGLE, PROSPERITY and POPULARITY.

The thread was started by me for the following purposes:

1. To expose the false claims of MASSIVE natural resources in Pakistan.

2. To expose the TRUE NATURE of these GODS (Dr. A.Q. Khan) created by our illiterate public.

P.S. I have succeeded in both the above mentioned objectives.

I dont know from where you drive your skepticism, But its been proven through Reasearch by univ of Florida that Coal Gas has immense potential to replace other sources of Energy due to high yield.And one such plant is working near Tampa Florida also.

Even if the Claims are exagerated(which they are not) Atleast it would provide some value of know how and Contribution for future R&D.

This is what happens when we turn our national heros into some SUPERMEN who are believed to be capable of doing JUST ANYTHING that can be imagined.

We fail to forget that these are just humans like us and, thus, can have negative facets to their personalities.

PERSONALITY WORSHIP is so much practiced in the sub-continent that one's mind gets boggled.

Perhaps the nation needs to learn more about the unsung heroes of Pakistan's nuclear program who never claimed credit or gain popularity at the cost of the program and therefore remain unknown and unsung. The sad part is they are no longer alive to defend themselves against one-sided attacks. One of them is Mr. Munir Ahmad Khan, Chairman of PAEC from 1972-1991 who set up over 20 labs and projects comprising the entire nuclear fuel cycle, uranium and plutonium routes and the weapons program for Pakistan.

Munir Ahmad Khan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Munir Ahmad Khan | Facebook

I dont know from where you drive your skepticism, But its been proven through Reasearch by univ of Florida that Coal Gas has immense potential to replace other sources of Energy due to high yield.And one such plant is working near Tampa Florida also.

Even if the Claims are exagerated(which they are not) Atleast it would provide some value of know how and Contribution for future R&D.

I drive my skepticism from sound scientific principles my dear sir. :)

Dr. A.Q. Khan is biased, belittling pakistan and its people also seems like a PR exercise for a particular company.

He is not only reflecting his hate towards the present govt but also the govt. that may follow.

Just leave "Thar Coal and Riko Diq" for a while the article by Dr. khan suggests Pakistanis can't do anything.

If important projects like those mentioned above are given to Pakistanis, they will become yet more PIAs and Pakistan Steel Mills.

How can he say above ^^ why so much of generalization???

Even in India the aviation company Air India is in huge losses still India have the capacity of building Nuclear Reactors that are big, safe and economical.

The point is that there is no relation of PIA and "Thar Coal and Riko Diq".

And there is no relation to the capacity of Pakistanis.

If govt in pakistan or politicians or bureaucrats are bad/corrupt then give it to the private sector. The private pakistani companies will do it, allow them to import skilled manpower or technology.

And the other way is that govt. of pakistan do it with the partnership with some international company but leasing it out national asset to a foreign company is not justified.

Back
Top Bottom