What's new

Downgrade PTCL Services to Protest Internet Blockages

fabihakhan

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hello,

As we all know PTCL is blatantly blocking Pakistan's internet traffic to save their bandwidth so they can make more $$$

I am not talking about YouTube but other blockages such as VPN's, XBOX Live, PlayStation network, Gameranger, there is huge list..

THEY ARE BLOCKING THINGS ON THEIR OWN, THERE IS NO INSTRUCTION FROM THE PAKISTAN TELECOMMUNICATION AUTHORITY (PTA)

For e.g.

1. VPN - all the free and paid vpns are blocked
2. Slow Internet speed and ping times due to their shitty filtering at their data centers
3. Many WEBSITES and IPS are blocked without reason affecting both businesses and casual internet users.
4. Proxy websites blocked
5. Ping response timeouts on international IPS (ping breaking)

This is just a small list, there are many other things that are being blocked on daily basis.

I request everyone of you to Downgrade your Internet Package as a protest against unlawful internet blockages/filtration. If downgrading is not an option then at least SPREAD THE WORD otherwise there will be more blockages in future.

Also, PTCL is doing business through false advertising/slogans

1. PTCL EVO SCAM (selling unlimited bandwidth devices and putting unannounced LIMITS afterwards)
2. Upgrading People's DSL connection without their consent and then billing extra amount.

I felt the need to create this thread because the greed of PTCL has gone to extreme. An action from us (users) has to be taken or its too late.

As we all know PTCL is blatantly blocking Pakistan's internet traffic to save their bandwidth so they can make more $$$
2. Upgrading People's DSL connection without their consent and then billing extra amount.

Proof?

1. PTCL EVO SCAM (selling unlimited bandwidth devices and putting unannounced LIMITS afterwards)

Standard practice everywhere, unfortunately. If you get yourself an electron microscope, you might be able to find the asterick in there somewhere.

Proof 1 about bandwidth throttling:

wiredpakistan/index.php?/topic/21294-so-is-ptcl-blocking-websites-on-its-own-or-by-order-of-pta/

Proof 2 about false billing:

wiredpakistan/index.php?/topic/21264-what-is-this-upgrade-joke-from-ptcl/

Proof 3:

I myself bought PTCL evo device and paid 3 months advance bills for unlimited package. After using the device for 2 months, they introduced fair-usage-policy crap and my internet started giving speeds worst than dial-up internet connection which was literally unusable.

Put dot *coms* in URL after wiredpakistan. I am not allowed to post links.

Hello,

I am not talking about YouTube but other blockages such as VPN's, XBOX Live, PlayStation network, Gameranger, there is huge list..

THEY ARE BLOCKING THINGS ON THEIR OWN, THERE IS NO INSTRUCTION FROM THE PAKISTAN TELECOMMUNICATION AUTHORITY (PTA)

For e.g.

1. VPN - all the free and paid vpns are blocked
2. Slow Internet speed and ping times due to their shitty filtering at their data centers
3. Many WEBSITES and IPS are blocked without reason affecting both businesses and casual internet users.
4. Proxy websites blocked
5. Ping response timeouts on international IPS (ping breaking)

This is just a small list, there are many other things that are being blocked on daily basis.

I request everyone of you to Downgrade your Internet Package as a protest against unlawful internet blockages/filtration. If downgrading is not an option then at least SPREAD THE WORD otherwise there will be more blockages in future.

Also, PTCL is doing business through false advertising/slogans

I felt the need to create this thread because the greed of PTCL has gone to extreme. An action from us (users) has to be taken or its too late.
what the.....????
xbox live,PSN,gameranger!!!!
never thought girls will b interested,,,,:p:

XBox Live is working for me it is not blocked and I am on PTCL.

Spotflux and Hotspot shield is banned. Ministry of IT directives. And regarding bandwidth throttling, that's happening when we download ******** from banned sites.

Back
Top Bottom