What's new

Doordarshan Urdu channel's series in soup for showing pork dish

all minorities in India have gone up (Sikhs, Muslims, Christians), with the exception of Parsis and Hindus which have gone down.

well hindus seem to be decreasing every then not just pakistan.

I feel that there should be no excuse for violence, especially religious violence which India has long suffered from. If someone insults your religion, you cannot go kill him/her. You can ignore him, or say things back at him, but there should be absolutely no excue on violence. Its like saying if someone insults your Mother, you kill him and then go tell the court that you kille dhim because he insulted your mother. That defence is not going to stand in any court, same with religions.

I never approved violence but we should also take measure to stop people provoking others intentionally ..If simply ignoring was enough then this laws against hate speech do not exist in Indian constitution

Section 153A of the penal code says, inter alia:

Whoever (a) by words, either spoken or written, or by signs or by visible representations or otherwise, promotes or attempts to promote, on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, residence, language, caste or community or any other ground whatsoever, disharmony or feelings of enmity, hatred or ill-will between different religious, racial, language or regional groups or castes or communities, or (b) commits any act which is prejudicial to the maintenance of harmony between different religious, racial, language or regional groups or castes or communities, and which disturbs or is likely to disturb the public tranquility, . . . shall be punished with imprisonment which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both.[3]

Enacted in 1927, section 295A says:

Whoever, with deliberate and malicious intention of outraging the religious feelings of any class of [citizens of India], [by words, either spoken or written, or by signs or by visible representations or otherwise], insults or attempts to insult the religion or the religious beliefs of that class, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to [three years], or with fine, or with both

Hate speech laws in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

well hindus seem to be decreasing every then not just pakistan.

Not by the explosive rate it did in Pakistan. In India, they went down by 4% in 65 years, in Pakistan they completely vanished. Did you know more than half the places in Pakistan today have Hindu-Sanskrit names, like Lahore (son of Ram), Azad Kashmir and all the towns with -pur endings and many more (a lot of these Hindu names were changed to Islamic ones after 1947 to Islamicize Pak). Gives you an idea of how many Hindus used to be there, and how few there are left today.

I think you just don't get it people sometimes consider that Muslims just eat cows for the sake of inciting ... as it is not also compulsory ...they take it bad as hindu consider cow as a god .... Just think how would you feel if some one just says you think as cow ghost is really good you should try it and blah blah .... When I was a kid in my school we all knew they used to eat eat cow on bakra Id .... but just to tease us they use to bring the same on tiffin and proudly count as my uncle killed 17 cows and **** like that .....

Well i am Muslim but i don't get tease when Hindus/Christians kill pork or eat bacon.. why i should expect them to follow Islamic dietary laws when they are christian?

You should also not bother even if Muslim/christian eat beef in front of you because cow is not holy figure for them. If you get incite then its your problem as you are expecting them to live according to Hindu scripture

I never approved violence but we should also take measure to stop people provoking others intentionally ..If simply ignoring was enough then this laws against hate speech do not exist in Indian constitution

Fair enough, I am more talking about DD and Muslims here. DD is in the right, it has the right to show pork dishes for viewers that want to see pork dishes. Nothing to apologize over.

Fair enough, I am more talking about DD and Muslims here. DD is in the right, it has the right to show pork dishes for viewers that want to see pork dishes. Nothing to apologize over.

Well If DD is also free to show beef dishes for Muslim viewers then i don't have any objection about showing pork dishes :D

sure but is it ever happened?

i mean showing recipe of cow meat on DD?

I dont know. Probably has though, I know Beef restaurants that run in Mumbai fine (and a lot of Hindus (by name, not deeds) like me go there), until some dumba$$ Hindu extremist leader attacks it for political mileage.

Not by the explosive rate it did in Pakistan. In India, they went down by 4% in 65 years, in Pakistan they completely vanished. Did you know more than half the places in Pakistan today have Hindu-Sanskrit names, like Lahore (son of Ram), Azad Kashmir and all the towns with -pur endings and many more (a lot of these Hindu names were changed to Islamic ones after 1947 to Islamicize Pak). Gives you an idea of how many Hindus used to be there, and how few there are left today.

does it matter what names it has?
do you know why there aren't 100% hindus in south asia even tho we all look alike?
because people convert to different religions,

i know my family was hindu back in days, grandma had list of all our grandfathers , and the last person she would mention is a hindu who converted to islam and that was the best decision he made i think, becuase i wouldn't want to be an indian.

does it matter what names it has?
do you know why there aren't 100% hindus in south asia even tho we all look alike?
because people convert to different religions,

i know my family was hindu back in days, grandma had list of all our grandfathers , and the last person she would mention is a hindu who converted to islam and that was the best decision he made i think, becuase i wouldn't want to be an indian.

Well you could have been a Pakistani Hindu..but you are right... who would want to be a Hindu in Pakistan.

Well you could have been a Pakistani Hindu..but you are right... who would want to be a Hindu in Pakistan.

i just got lucky , i mean i couldve been a muslim in india, thank god tho im not.
i mean imagine being their during the riots. or even trying to get an apartment in mumbai

i just got lucky , i mean i couldve been a muslim in india, thank god tho im not.
i mean imagine being their during the riots. or even trying to get an apartment in mumbai

Not just you..it was a mutually beneficial decisions by your great-great grand father..after all, which secular nation would want bigots. ;)

Not just you..it was a mutually beneficial decisions by your great-great grand father..after all, which secular nation would want bigots. ;)

i know who would want to live in a secular nation full of bigots right?
hindu bigots, sikh bigots, i mean a poor muslim has no chance there

Back
Top Bottom