What's new

‘Don’t go back to those dirty Indians’: The marines’ case fuels fascist sentiments in Italy

I didn't say anything about being hung. Capital punishment is rarely given in India, not even for murder. There have been a grand total of three executions in India over the past 20 years. Two islamic terrorists, and one child murderer.

Sure, if any Indian naval ship killed 17 Thai fishermen, and it can be proved in a court of law that they were negligent and didn't exercise due diligence, give them the maximum punishment possible.

And that's the same yardstick I'm applying to the Italian murderers. They can make their case, have the best legal representation possible, and demonstrate that they weren't at fault - if they really weren't. If so, I'd be happy to set them free, and even apologize. But if they are found guilty, which they most certainly are, they should be given the appropriate punishment. Indian laws are very liberal, so it will be a maximum of 4 years in jail.

Please do your self a favor and read up or contact a Naval person. The grey area is if the killing took place in territorial water (12NM) where Indian Law works or the EEZ (200 NM) which is defined by the UN where only Indian Commercial law works but not criminal laws. The IPC does not exist after 12NM and the NIA piracy law drafted by the GOI is very grey on whether you can charge people protecting sailors from Piracy can be charged under it as Pirates in this case and this is what your NIA did so even your Supreme Court accepted the law is flawed so why quibble? Anyway the Italian Govt. is not letting them go free but wants to try them too in Italy.

Rajiv gandhi was someone i respected so I think his wife should be allowed to live here but made to leave politics and her clan barred for good including her children. Also investigate them properly but unfortunately even the cbi has their moles inside.

I can't respect them too much....India is a democracy. A family running our country since Independence would make even Gandhi upset!

I can't respect them too much....India is a democracy. A family running our country since Independence would make even Gandhi upset!

See i feel rajiv gandhi had the interest of this country at heart same with indira gandhi but it is sad they created such a idiot in rahul who we need as this shows congress are never going to come back again.

You are so illiterate sometimes? If India does not accept a UN mandated Tribunal to which you are signatory just for these matters, then why do you want to be a security council member. Become North Korea and recall all your citizens back world wide and live in your bubble. Even your Supreme Court admits these kind of incidents are in a grey area and hence best to leave it to neutral tribunal. By the same yardstick your Indian Navy murdered 17 Thai Fishermen when illegally firing at Somali Pirates at High Seas. They should also be hung?
Did you brits follow UNSC resolution when toppling the regimes in Libya and Iraq.
Regarding the Thai trawler, dont make up shitty story brit it was a pirate mother ship that navy neutralized when it came under fire from the pirate ship.
You european better Get over your colonial mentality, specially citizen of an insignificant island who still retain their grand delusion of a lost empire.

See i feel rajiv gandhi had the interest of this country at heart same with indira gandhi but it is sad they created such a idiot in rahul who we need as this shows congress are never going to come back again.
Nehru, Indira, Rajiv and Sonia all are opportunist, who thought they were above the country .

Please do your self a favor and read up or contact a Naval person. The grey area is if the killing took place in territorial water (12NM) where Indian Law works or the EEZ (200 NM) which is defined by the UN where only Indian Commercial law works but not criminal laws. The IPC does not exist after 12NM and the NIA piracy law drafted by the GOI is very grey on whether you can charge people protecting sailors from Piracy can be charged under it as Pirates in this case and this is what your NIA did so even your Supreme Court accepted the law is flawed so why quibble? Anyway the Italian Govt. is not letting them go free but wants to try them too in Italy.

And they can argue this in court, and if true, the court will set them free. That's how legal systems work.

If you are a lawyer and want to help them, go argue this in court when they appear there. There is no point in arguing it on PDF.

(Although from your evident lack of ability to make a point well, and your rather mediocre abilities to express or state the facts of the case, the marines would be well advised to seek more competent representation. Which they are indeed doing.)

Did you brits follow UNSC resolution when toppling the regimes in Libya and Iraq.
Regarding the Thai trawler, dont make up shitty story brit it was a pirate mother ship that navy neutralized when it came under fire from the pirate ship.
You european better Get over your colonial mentality, specially citizen of an insignificant island who still retain their grand delusion of a lost empire.

Nehru, Indira, Rajiv and Sonia all are opportunist, who thought they were above the country .

Was not a fan of Nehru but Rajiv has some very good policies in his short time he did some good things for the country.

Back
Top Bottom