What's new

Dog Fight Abilities/Maneuverability of....

These are air show maneuvers, useless in combat since aircraft must be flying very slowly to do them - well below corner speed - which leaves it very vulnerable, and secondly any usage of TVC, especially in maneuvers as usually seen on air shows, bleeds off energy very, very fast.

And if you are referring to Cobra, it is one of combat-useless maneuvers, and besides Saab J-35 Draken was well capable of doing it without TVC, as can Su-27.

wiki
Russian aircraft manufacturers heavily emphasize supermaneuverability and dogfight capabilities in fighter design, with aircraft such as the Su-37 or the Su-30MKI demonstrating advanced thrust vectoring systems to achieve these goals, pushing the aircraft to its limits to give it an advantage in combat. USAF fighters, such as the F-15 and F-16, tend to favor higher speeds, because of their emphasis on high power-to-weight ratio and low wing-loading; although the F-22 has supermaneuverability with its own vectored thrust.
Dogfight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any comparison of these jets in WVR combat would be inaccurate at best. However the EF Typhoon and the Su-35 would be the only two with any realistic chance of taking the top spot.

You forgot to mention the Super Hornet. Pretty dang maneuverable with AIM-9x and AIM-120's. Integrate it with the JHMCS and it can go up against the SU-35. Pretty deadly DogFighter. Exellent Manuverability and agility armed. I guess the most maneuverable fighters are Super Hornet, SU-35, Typhoon, F-16.

You forgot to mention the Super Hornet. Pretty dang maneuverable with AIM-9x and AIM-120's. Integrate it with the JHMCS and it can go up against the SU-35. Pretty deadly DogFighter. Exellent Manuverability and agility armed. I guess the most maneuverable fighters are Super Hornet, SU-35, Typhoon, F-16.

Difficult to dogfight without 3dTVC and supercruise for superhornet with su-35.su-35 also has much better TW ratio.

Super Hornet would perform so well against the Flankers SU-30/35. But, the Super Hornet is very maneuverable indeed once you pack a punch with APG-79 AIM-9x, JHMCS etc. Acceleration and speed is 1 thing that the Hornet lacks when you compare it to the Flanker(without EPE integrated). But pilot and systems is the #1 thing that you must focus on.

Difficult to dogfight without 3dTVC and supercruise for superhornet with su-35.su-35 also has much better TW ratio.

Super cruise? lol it doesn't need that. 3D TVC? No it doesn't' need it. lol. Super Hornet already has the same abilities the Flanker has except TVC and SC. EPE should do the trick to have better T/W Ratio and performance. :azn:

only choose fighter from list.

We r just discussing the a/c designs not weaponry so please stick to topic in hand.

Super Hornet would perform so well against the Flankers SU-30/35. But, the Super Hornet is very maneuverable indeed once you pack a punch with APG-79 AIM-9x, JHMCS etc. Acceleration and speed is 1 thing that the Hornet lacks when you compare it to the Flanker(without EPE integrated). But pilot and systems is the #1 thing that you must focus on.

Super cruise? lol it doesn't need that. 3D TVC? No it doesn't' need it. lol. Super Hornet already has the same abilities the Flanker has except TVC and SC. EPE should do the trick to have better T/W Ratio and performance. :azn:

Just because u don't have it,doesn't mean its unnecessary.These are excellent advantages.Su-35 tw ratio is comparable/greater to raptor.And TW ratio is most important parameter of manueverability followed by wing loading.

Just because u don't have it,doesn't mean its unnecessary.These are excellent advantages.Su-35 tw ratio is comparable/greater to raptor.And TW ratio is most important parameter of manueverability followed by wing loading.

dumboo after being kicked by dazzler u want me to do same to u here as well?

Focus on designs of air crafts with respect to maneuverability from given list.

We r not discussing weaponry and Hornet at this time.

dumboo after being kicked by dazzler u want me to do same to u here as well?

Focus on designs of air crafts with respect to maneuverability from given list.

We r not discussing weaponry and Hornet at this time.

I was answering to cat noob,and it was dazzler who was kicked after he failed to give any answer to turret flaws in khalid ,was humiliated on his useless uninformed rants on t-90 by presenting t-72 designs and pics and didn't even know arjun had been inducted by the IA.:omghaha:

I was answering to cat noob,and it was dazzler who was kicked after he failed to give any answer to turret flaws in khalid ,was humiliated on his useless uninformed rants on t-90 by presenting t-72 designs and pics and didn't even know arjun had been inducted by the IA.:omghaha:

:omghaha:

u indians........

@AUSTERLITZ mate,avoid interacting with trolls,who are devoid of any logic

:rofl:

commenting on my thread and accusing me of derailing topic is definitely a job of an indian.:lol:

All hail to great bharat.

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl:

commenting on my thread and accusing me of derailing topic is definitely a job of an indian.:lol:

All hail to great bharat.

:lol:,do you own this forum??you are simply trolling to an Indian members responses ,typical Umair Nawaz

:lol:,do you own this forum??you are simply trolling to an Indian members responses ,typical Umair Nawaz

Sure we r Pakistanis we do own if u can see its Pakistan Military Forum not indian forum.

Childish rants will not be tolerated here.
@nuclearpak @Jungibaaz @Aeronaut

please delete off topic posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom