What's new

Does Pakistan possess Thermonuclear weapons?

Can we please talk about Thermonuclear weapons with 1000 times more yield?
I think we can make hydrogen bomb because the design of nukes and hydrogen bombs are quite alike.
I am not expert in this field but who knows our scientist could have been working on it secretly, who knows.
And secondly we dont need to detonate high energy yield bomb for our test as well we can use small yield H-bomb just like what china did when they made their H-bomb.
If we are to make H-bomb we can just test 15kt or lower than that and may detonate it under ground.

Irrelevent question.
How is it irrelevant? The thing is the image of nuclear weapons' destructive power in our mind is of actual thermonuclear weapons. The difference between the two is massive. And therefore the question brings strategic and geopolitical implications with it. The weapons we currently possess are nowhere near as destructive.

It will take about 10 blasts of 25kT yield to do significant damage to a city. More damage can be done with a single TNW, and also it will be cheaper as fewer ballistic missiles will be required.

My take: Pakistan is currently working towards a TNW but does not currently have one. There is a direct correlation between plutonium and TNWs, and Pakistan has insufficient access to Plutonium to develop TNWs.

Do you Know india is Signatory to Limited Test Ban Treaty (LTBT) and come under IAEA Please Do some Research in this Field Before going Berserk
Start reading scientific research papers and journals (lot of them is available free, except certain exclusive ones) as well as attend few seminars if you have time, resource and permission (for various seminars), that will increase your knowledge in real sense than writing and reading on forums and blogs.

Thermonuclear weapons are the ones where Most of the energy comes from Hydrogen fusion and feasible only in Multi megaton weapon designs.
Pakistan does not have a doctrine of making such large weapons and for that reason has no Thermonuclear weapon at the moment.
For now Plutonium-Tritium boosted fission-fusion small nukes will do.

How is it irrelevant? The thing is the image of nuclear weapons' destructive power in our mind is of actual thermonuclear weapons. The difference between the two is massive. And therefore the question brings strategic and geopolitical implications with it. The weapons we currently possess are nowhere near as destructive.

It will take about 10 blasts of 25kT yield to do significant damage to a city. More damage can be done with a single TNW, and also it will be cheaper as fewer ballistic missiles will be required.

My take: Pakistan is currently working towards a TNW but does not currently have one. There is a direct correlation between plutonium and TNWs, and Pakistan has insufficient access to Plutonium to develop TNWs.
the seventh explosion was fission based fusion test. It is ofcourse classified but its very reason able to admit that we have Thermonuclear weapons.

I think it is safe to assume all nuclear powers possess such tech. Of course for economic reasons some cannot openly test a detonation.

given population density and the huge risk of fallout and perpetual long term effects - this is most silly way to even consider.

Why its human inclination to possess the power to annihilate human life from this planet ? ....anyone ....

Why its human inclination to possess the power to annihilate human life from this planet ? ....anyone ....
851a29b4838d.jpg

Pakistan
didn't need
Thermonuclear
weapons because of its economics. It benefits to pakistan are far less than its cost.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom