What's new

Does Pakistan Need Secularism?

I think the current state of semi-secularity is fine. Just let go of these pointless laws like the "blasphemy law" and "apostasy laws" and everyone can live happy.

I think the current state of semi-secularity is fine. Just let go of these pointless laws like the "blasphemy law" and "apostasy laws" and everyone can live happy.

Partly agree with you , Blasphemy laws should be amended - rest is just a storm in a cup of tea , there always would be people complaining and telling us how to run our country.

This world doesn't let you live in peace even if you are as quiet as China or as vocal as Iran. So lets do something thats good for our country and reflects the sacrifice of those who gave away their everything to create this country and stop giving lip service to half baked lunatics trying to dictate our way.

Do you know the total population of Muslims Pakistan? So if a non muslim don't become the prime minister of pakistan that mean non Muslim will be treated as second class citizen. You mean Muslims and Hindus living in Britain are second class citizens

Its because 97 % population of Pakistan is Muslims....rule of majority(democracy) :P

lol You're twisting the whole definition of secularism just to suit your point.

Secularism means that anybody can take up any job. Period.

Pakistani non-Muslims are not found fit to rule the country.

There goes secularism into the bin.

So you say that secular countries should not have blasphemy laws and peoples should have freedom to mock and insult the religion of each others :)

No. I'm not saying that.

In India too we banned Salman Rushdie's Satanic Verses because our Muslim population didn't like it.

There are things you can do and there are things you cannot do.

Yes Pakistan is neither secular nor Islamic state. Pakistan is muslim country and i am sure you know the difference between Islamic state and Muslim country

you are too confused , Pakistan is a Islamic democracy with little changes we can make it work better no need for secularism !

lol You're twisting the whole definition of secularism just to suit your point.

Secularism means that anybody can take up any job. Period.

Pakistani non-Muslims are not found fit to rule the country.

There goes secularism into the bin.

No. I'm not saying that.

In India too we banned Salman Rushdie's Satanic Verses because our Muslim population didn't like it.

There are things you can do and there are things you cannot do.
Salman rushdie crossed the limits. There is a difference between criticism and mocking beliefs. For example burning the religious book is hate crime and there is nothing secular about it while criticism should be allowed and right now you are doing criticism and we don't have any problems with it :)

you are too confused , Pakistan is a Islamic democracy with little changes we can make it work better no need for secularism !
how can a country be Islamic and democratic at same point of time??Islam has no place for democracy...

You better read your constitution. Why Pakistani banking system is based on interests which is forbidden in Islam? what about implementation of Islamic punishments? When did you heard that someone got lashes because of pre-martial sex?

how can a country be Islamic and democratic at same point of time??Islam has no place for democracy...

Post shows your ignorance about Islam , you don't know anything about our system of governance even when you pretend as if you know all about it.

Islam's system of Governance is called "Sharia" which is based on "Shura" (Elected parliament) & "Amir" (Prime minister).

In this system the Amir would be the head of state as well as the spiritual leader and the Commander in chief. The only authority the "Amir" is answerable to is the "Judiciary" and he has to make decisions alongside "Shura" but he may have the last word on it.

I am living in secular country UK. Aeronaut is living in secular country Aus. Some muslims are living in secular country India. Do they become less Muslims than those who are living in Pakistan? :)

How a muslim in pakistan is more islamic than muslim in England?

Back
Top Bottom