What's new

Does Pakistan Need Secularism?

I think he means, "How can a country have Sharia, yet be democratic?"

Fullscreen%20capture%2022052011%20115753%20AM.jpg

I am living in secular country UK. Aeronaut is living in secular country Aus. Some muslims are living in secular country India. Do they become less Muslims than those who are living in Pakistan? :)

Why are you so confused ? -- there is no tool to measure the faith of another Muslim , we are discouraged to judge the faiths of other fellow muslims which makes your question invalid !

Why are you so confused ? -- there is no tool to measure the faith of another Muslim , we are discouraged to judge the faiths of other fellow muslims which makes your question invalid !
You better control you emotion while reading post otherwise you will not get the idea what others are talking about :)

I was trying to say that you can follow islam in England as much as you can follow in Pakistan

I know my answer, i was just trying to put nForces post into better words.

your call --- !

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

You better control you emotion while reading post otherwise you will not get the idea what others are talking about :)

I was trying to say that you can follow islam in England as much as you can follow in Pakistan

And didn't i say the same thing?

There are many Islamic principles which we see in practical shape in most western countries if we exclude wine and free sex..for example justice, less corruption, dedication, free health,better education etc

stupid question. irrelevant debate.

You don't change your ideology every now and then.

To be a secularist you need to have an element of broad-mindedness. I doubt you or majority of the Pakistanis will understand secularism. Even if you understand it will question the creation of Pakistan.

I feel many peoples here are confuse between Islamic state and Muslim country . Let me clear it here

Islamic state is a state ruled by Islamic laws exclusively.

Muslim country is a country mainly inhabited by Muslims and which is not completely based on Islamic laws

we can claim that Saudia arabia or Iran are islamic state (although they are also not 100 percent islamic in true sense ) as saudia government rule by dictators which is not islamic
Malaysia is a Muslim country but not an Islamic country or state. It's pretty much the same with Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc

Post shows your ignorance about Islam , you don't know anything about our system of governance even when you pretend as if you know all about it.

Islam's system of Governance is called "Sharia" which is based on "Shura" (Elected parliament) & "Amir" (Prime minister).

In this system the Amir would be the head of state as well as the spiritual leader and the Commander in chief. The only authority the "Amir" is answerable to is the "Judiciary" and he has to make decisions alongside "Shura" but he may have the last word on it.

Now its you who is mistaken.... "Shura" means "consultation" and not "parliament".There was no concept of Parliament at that time.Furthermore,the members of a Shura are 'selected' and not 'elected',totally defeating the basic foundation layer of democracy.

Also "Amir" does not mean a "Prime minister".Instead,"Wazir" means a minister while "Wazir-e-Azam" means a "grand minister" synonymous to "Prime minister".

Now tell me,who is the "Wazir-e-Azam" of Pakistan??? Do I have an answer?? :lol:

I feel many peoples here are confuse between Islamic state and Muslim country . Let me clear it here

Islamic state is a state ruled by Islamic laws exclusively.

Muslim country is a country mainly inhabited by Muslims and which is not completely based on Islamic laws

we can claim that Saudia arabia or Iran are islamic state (although they are also not 100 percent islamic in true sense ) as saudia government rule by dictators which is not islamic
Malaysia is a Muslim country but not an Islamic country or state. It's pretty much the same with Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc

Officially i thought Pakistan was referred the "Islamic Republic of Pakistan".

Officially i thought Pakistan was referred the "Islamic Republic of Pakistan".

The term Islamic republic has come to mean several different things, some contradictory to others. To those Muslim religious leaders in the Middle East and Africa who advocate it, an Islamic Republic is a state under a particular theocratic form of government. They see it as a compromise between a purely Islamic Caliphate, and secular nationalism and republicanism. In their conception of the Islamic republic, the penal code of the state is required to be compatible with some laws of Sharia, and the state may not be a monarchy as many Middle Eastern states are presently.
In other cases, it is merely a symbol of cultural identity, as was the case when Pakistan adopted the title. In fact many argue that an Islamic Republic strikes a middle path between a completely secular and a theocratic (and/or Orthodox Islamic) system of government.

Islamic republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To be a secularist you need to have an element of broad-mindedness. I doubt you or majority of the Pakistanis will understand secularism. Even if you understand it will question the creation of Pakistan.

Broad mindedness is not needed for secularism , it was a product of thousands of years of brutal church rule over christians who were made to pay taxes for pretty much everything including building churches.

Secularism was west's answer to the Church rule which wont work for muslims.

Yaar... what are you guys discussing here....

Pakistan at present is not Secular.Period. ( Where people hail a murderer of a governor as a hero , because he defended the so-called Islam is laughable.)

In my opinion Pakistan should be secular. At the end of the day religion is very personal. As many people say , its between my God and me. I am a Hindu by birth , but don't really believe in orthodox kind of God. I have my own God and he has laid down various rules for me to follow. These have been borrowed from any source or religion that I have procured since my existence. I don't care if someone says that your God is false.Because my God is personal, I don't need to be upset if someone tries to belittle God.

The world and its citizens are gradually moving towards secular set of mind. Those who are not and are stuck is fundamentalism are not at peace. ( Look at most Islamic nations). Its better to treat everyone equally and please take some lines out of your religion that God is one and that one God is my God. There can be a trillion Gods , who cares , as long as people are at peace.

I dont understand a lot of Pakistani's . They are not enlightened and seem to have a gap which is filled by Conspiracy theories and Diversions. I suggest that an open minded approach will help Pakistan a lot. The citizens will truly feel liberated when they are growing economy and have compassion for every citizen of Pakistan ( & not just Islamic citizens of Pakistan).

Back
Top Bottom