What's new

Does eating red meat makes you angry?

Well ........now here is an individual view. So don't say most of us, but say I am occasional non-veggie.
Bdw it depends, as it's difficult to predict exactly how many are veggie and how many non veggie.
The matter of the fact is, Non Veg is prevalent in India as much as Veg or may be more.

No Sir, its not personal view, No need to predict, the non-veg eating habit can easily be verified using existing data..

Current Worldwide Annual Meat Consumption per capita

Meat consumption per capita | Environment | guardian.co.uk

Per Capita meat consumption:
India: 5.2 Kgs in 2002 - 3.7 Kg/person in 1961 (means 450Gms per month, means 100 gram per week)
Pakistan: 12.3 Kg/person in 2002 - 7.3Kg/person in 1961

In 61 there were more Hindus in Pakistan and India so meat consumption was less per capita, while in 2002 Muslims have increased in Both India and Pakistan so meat consumption figure has gone up. (Since Christians are in very small number We can ignore there food habit).

This table clearly say that Indians(hindus) are mostly vegans, if they are non-vegan, they are occasional non-vegetarian.

FAO survey ... Please read it sir...

According to the 2006 Hindu-CNN-IBN State of the Nation Survey,[11] 31% of Indians are vegetarians, while another 9% consumes eggs. Among the various communities, vegetarianism was most common among Jain community and then Brahmins at 55%, and less frequent among Muslims (3%) and residents of coastal states. Other surveys cited by FAO[12] and USDA[13][14] estimate 20%–42% of the Indian population as being vegetarian. These surveys indicate that even Indians who do eat meat, do so infrequently, with less than 30% consuming it regularly, although the reasons are mainly cultural and partially economical.

I am not here to prove me right and prove u wrong, We must learn to agree to disagree.. :)

And from where did you get the Hindu,Muslim, Christian thing in the survey? Was it your addition ? :)

@Beerbal.............

read the below article........... I am highlighting few excerpts... but anyhow you go through the whole... :)

India's booming middle-class is driving the demand for meat in a country with a traditionally low intake -- a survey in 2006 showed that 40 percent of the population were vegetarian.

"India needs to realise it is not a vegetarian country," Singhal said.

India's growing appetite for meat challenges traditional values* - NY Daily News

Even I am not here to prove anyone wrong, but we shouldn't close our eyes to reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaka, my big city friend.

I invite you to chadni chowk in Yazman mandii to try beef karhai.

I love goat, but once you try this beef karhai, you will change your mind.

I am 100% sure.
aap ka pind kon sa hai ?

@Beerbal.............

read the below article........... I am highlighting few excerpts... but anyhow you go through the whole... :)

India's booming middle-class is driving the demand for meat in a country with a traditionally low intake -- a survey in 2006 showed that 40 percent of the population were vegetarian.

"India needs to realise it is not a vegetarian country," Singhal said.

India's growing appetite for meat challenges traditional values* - NY Daily News

Brother , in India 30% are muslims (though they hide there real numbers during census to enjoy minority tag), 1-2% are chirstians (may be 4%). Out of 65-70% remaining , 40% are vegans, it means 60%(60% of 68% is 40% of total) of Hindus are Vegans (derived from your data).

You forget to read the last line of paragraph I posted, Let me repost it for you.. although the reasons are mainly cultural and partially economical., this debunk your booming middle class theory..

Brother , in India 30% are muslims (though they hide there real numbers during census to enjoy minority tag), 1-2% are chirstians (may be 4%). Out of 65-70% remaining , 40% are vegans, it means 60%(60% of 68% is 40% of total) of Hindus are Vegans (derived from your data).

You forget to read the last line of paragraph I posted, Let me repost it for you.. although the reasons are mainly cultural and partially economical., this debunk your booming middle class theory..

Mainly economically, it's increasing now because average income increasing.

Now your survey, one gives 2002 data other is 2009. The article I have pasted is 2013. Now for that average consumption of meat by Muslim, Hindu, Christian provide another article let us see. In your article I don't find a religious division bro, else it becomes assumptions and assumptions doesn't hold good during discussion.

Mainly economically, it's increasing now because average income increasing.

Now your survey, one gives 2002 data other is 2009. The article I have pasted is 2013. Now for that average consumption of meat by Muslim, Hindu, Christian provide another article let us see. In your article I don't find a religious division bro, else it becomes assumptions and assumptions doesn't hold good during discussion.

The FAO analysts are saying ,"its partially economical" while you are saying "Mainly economical". May be you are more knowledgeable than them...

And more over I have seen eating habit of entire India (Excluding Kashmir, Himachal, NE and Kerla). Muslims eat animal protein almost thrice a week (minimum).

With all due respect I am not saying that Vegans are superior or meat eaters are inferior. I am just stating the eating habit of Indian. And moreover Human race was meat eater since beginning of race.

The FAO analysts are saying ,"its partially economical" while you are saying "Mainly economical". May be you are more knowledgeable than them...

And more over I have seen eating habit of entire India (Excluding Kashmir, Himachal, NE and Kerla). Muslims eat animal protein almost thrice a week (minimum).

With all due respect I am not saying that Vegans are superior or meat eaters are inferior. I am just stating the eating habit of Indian. And moreover Human race was meat eater since beginning of race.

It's not about me, even I am referring from Internet.

I can show you more articles right away. But anyways just don't want to get into a bad debate right now.

Just check out in internet, you'll get to know the reality. No need to show proof.

And note - Plz don't check 20 years old data..

That even I have seen.... including the states you have mentioned as not seen, that's y I am putting my words so firmly. I have stayed in 4-5 states in India because of my job only. But I won't take that into consideration here. In people I have seen personally , may be 20% will be Veggie. :)

Nothing Superior, Inferior is coming into picture here. As if you consider World population, a whooping majority will be meat eater with a small minority of veg eater limited to India.

PS - I am not a supporter of meat eater or anything and I agree that there should be a balanced diet to keep a good health. One's diet should have a perfect blend of veg an non veg to keep one healthy. Just saying about meat eating to show the reality, nothing else.

gujrat maybe one of the craziest places on the planet where the non veg is strictly prohibited

please have your tin cans of meat ready(even you may need to smuggle it) before entering the territory of gujrat because they hate "dead animal"

i have stayed in gujarat..u do get non-veg there..just that there are more number of veg hotels,restaurants etc.. infact there was a five star veg.hotel in front of my apartment..u do have mcdonald's,pizza hut and dominoe's there.. only liquor is strictly prohibited.. thank god,i left gujarat at the right time.. :D @Aka123

i have stayed in gujarat..u do get non-veg there..just that there are more number of veg hotels,restaurants etc.. infact there was a five star veg.hotel in front of my apartment..u do have mcdonald's,pizza hut and dominoe's there.. only liquor is strictly prohibited.. thank god,i left gujarat at the right time.. :D @Aka123
why is liquor prohibited ? :what:

Ok! Thanks for sharing!! bdw you will get liquor too , quite easily but in black that means High priced.... and that's a tactics..... tactically increasing state income.. :D

why is liquor prohibited ? :what:

Because of the above reason. :D

Back
Top Bottom