What's new

Does anyone else find Commonwealth English to sound better than NA?

I consider north American English as much more clearer and friendlier in its tone. British or Australian English tone sounds highly artificial, unclear and pretentious to my ears.

I consider north American English as much more clearer and friendlier in its tone. British or Australian English tone sounds highly artificial, unclear and pretentious to my ears.
There is English accent and all others. Don't forget English is native to England. All rest are iterations of the parent like -

• Australian E
  • American E
  • South African E
  • Jamaican E
  • etc

I say North American English wayyyyy better I get into constant arguments with older Pakistani folks in my family and folks living in the UK too about accents.First its simple to hear not poshy and varieties by region

Last edited:
Also agree with you, within USA the southern accent sounds better and friendlier than the northern accent.

Southern Accent is pleasant to hear but I prefer to NY accent at the end of the day

I say North American English wayyyyy better I get into constant arguments with older Pakistani folks in my family and folks living in the UK too about accents.First its simple to hear not poshy and varieties by region

In China it seems the English played in classes and even in many Huawei ads is Commonwealth English. Possibly due to HK?

British English is by far the most superior, the rest are just the simple jabbering of colonials.

British English is by far the most superior, the rest are just the simple jabbering of colonials.

British English accents which sound highly pretentious are by far the worst forms of English. If Americans had not been speaking this useless language, no body in most of the world would have give much damn to this language. The current position of English language in the world is because of American mighty influence on the world. Most of the world learns English because it is the official language of USA the military and economic superpower and not because it is the language of that crappy useless Brittan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom