What's new

Does anyne has new Mirage pics with grey color scheme

Well I heard that Pakistan in 2004 recieved 150 UN OPENED engines packages for the Mirage platform this is why I opened the thread ...do you know what that means 0 km engines !!!

These babies are still good with new engines...

If we can upgrade these with some AESA radar it would be fantastic

I mean why are we just underestimating the Mirage , its been thru some cool upgrades
its not like its a slouch ... we have made some cool mods to the plane customization is what I call it -

I was just facinated , perhaps these were the mirages that had the new engines in em ???

I must admit the plane looks awesome in the grey camaflouge .... its wicked ... if we only had a AESA radar upgrade to mirage it would be awesome upgrade

@AZAAD

bro these planes no matter how much you customize them are without FBW & the airframe is fatigued! you can't customize a 1960's vintage ferrari and expect it to beat the Enzo!

as for the colour scheme debate! well the PAF doesn't put in colour schemes because they are "COOL" but because in this colour scheme it is harder to pick out an aircraft by the naked eye of an enemy fighter pilot!

@AZAAD

bro these planes no matter how much you customize them are without FBW & the airframe is fatigued! you can't customize a 1960's vintage ferrari and expect it to beat the Enzo!

as for the colour scheme debate! well the PAF doesn't put in colour schemes because they are "COOL" but because in this colour scheme it is harder to pick out an aircraft by the naked eye of an enemy fighter pilot!

so what u think about F16 and jf-17

so what u think about F16 and jf-17

what do you mean i think about F-16s & JF-17s they both have FBW! mirage IIIs & Vs are way older then the oldest F-16 in our fleet! so yes our mirages are pretty old bro :undecided: upgrades make them a potent weapon but they are like beckham compared to Kaka!

If we can upgrade these with some AESA radar it would be fantastic

... if we only had a AESA radar upgrade to mirage it would be awesome upgrade

Sir r u kidding me ????

we still dun have AESA for jf-17 and u want it to b integrated in 60's mirages which dun have digital cockpit and are soon going to b replaced
well tomorrow you will say y dun upgrade f-7's with AESA and the next day u will say y dun upgrade k-8 with AESA

and if everything depended upon ur dreams thn um sure that u would soon have Super Mushakk's fitted with AESA

Sir r u kidding me ????

we still dun have AESA for jf-17 and u want it to b integrated in 60's mirages which dun have digital cockpit and are soon going to b replaced
well tomorrow you will say y dun upgrade f-7's with AESA and the next day u will say y dun upgrade k-8 with AESA

and if everything depended upon ur dreams thn um sure that u would soon have Super Mushakk's fitted with AESA

Well its surely debatable issue

a) We have 150 un used engines for mirages so we know that
Mirages are not going anywhere

What makes an airplane lethal

1) Radar
2) Its missile (fire and control system), BVR
3) The ability of plane in dog fight
4) Pilot's abilities

Now - we can upgrade the radar and weapons on the bird and make it more lethal specially knowing we have so many unused engines

As for the frame etc I think with proper maintenence it should be ok.

There are companies in market that change analog gauges to digital
its no that expensive for a comany to install digital displays into an airplane alot of companies do that ....

From operational point of view

If we have a plane that can do air refueling , and can do night missions and already operate on land/sea operations its a good plane, just need advance avionics and fire and control system...

We don't have AESA radar but we have offer from britian , so why can't we get these birtish AESA for Mirages , and get even stronger AESA for our JF17 thunder. As far as I know the british AESA radars were something that would allow us to engage 2-3 fighters with missiles simultaneously tracking so its a big force multiplier ... may be for our JF17 platform we shoudl consider, a AESA radar that can track 5-7 planes at time.

The J10B we will get will allow us to track 10 enemy fighters at one time.. so its a big force multiplier

Sure the french don't use Mirages, becasue they got a plane with upgraded avionics and fire control also due to political pressure for jobs in that country.....

For our needs, we have working platform , with upgraded weapons and avionics on the planes what else do we need ?

If we can get a stronger radars/ weapons for Mirages these planes are fully capable for very strategic role in our airforce

Solid plane ... just need AESA radar upgrade
8d6908c6798ee79720cbf03d1c691c79.jpg

Last edited:
Well its surely debatable issue

a) We have 150 un used engines for mirages so we know that
Mirages are not going anywhere

What makes an airplane lethal

1) Radar
2) Its missile (fire and control system), BVR
3) The ability of plane in dog fight
4) Pilot's abilities

Now - we can upgrade the radar and weapons on the bird and make it more lethal specially knowing we have so many unused engines

As for the frame etc I think with proper maintenence it should be ok.

There are companies in market that change analog gauges to digital
its no that expensive for a comany to install digital displays into an airplane alot of companies do that ....

From operational point of view

If we have a plane that can do air refueling , and can do night missions and already operate on land/sea operations its a good plane, just need advance avionics and fire and control system...

We don't have AESA radar but we have offer from britian , so why can't we get these birtish AESA for Mirages , and get even stronger AESA for our JF17 thunder. As far as I know the british AESA radars were something that would allow us to engage 2-3 fighters with missiles simultaneously tracking so its a big force multiplier ... may be for our JF17 platform we shoudl consider, a AESA radar that can track 5-7 planes at time.

The J10B we will get will allow us to track 10 enemy fighters at one time.. so its a big force multiplier

Sure the french don't use Mirages, becasue they got a plane with upgraded avionics and fire control also due to political pressure for jobs in that country.....

For our needs, we have working platform , with upgraded weapons and avionics on the planes what else do we need ?

If we can get a stronger radars/ weapons for Mirages these planes are fully capable for very strategic role in our airforce

Solid plane ... just need AESA radar upgrade
8d6908c6798ee79720cbf03d1c691c79.jpg

Point taken bro but just cause u have 150 new engines dosent make a lot of difrence in the case of mirage3 as it is a fighter of 60 and 70s

also the airframe is old so how long do u think it will go on, better than that concentrate on thunders for getting AESA so the game gets interesting :pop:

AZADPAKISTAN

no matter if u have 150 used engines ...the aircraft are there to retire because of their old airframe ...if u will not retire them soon then u can suffer with crashes ...so no way to thnk about further upgrading of mirages

Hi, I also wanted to add, not are Mirage ageing platforms. These 150 sealed engines are turbojet engines, not turbofans. Their technology is very dated, fuel inefficient and low thrust. South Africa reengined a couple of their Mirage III Cheetah and Mirage F1 with the RD-33 engine. That really improved aircraft performance. It was rumored Pakistan was very interested in that, but nothing happened. Incidentally, the RD-93 (JF-17 powerplant) is an upgraded RD-33. But the bottom line, is the JF-17 is much more advanced, and upgrading Mirage IIIs/Vs is not the wisest what to spend limited funds.

Hi, I also wanted to add, not are Mirage ageing platforms. These 150 sealed engines are turbojet engines, not turbofans. Their technology is very dated, fuel inefficient and low thrust. South Africa reengined a couple of their Mirage III Cheetah and Mirage F1 with the RD-33 engine. That really improved aircraft performance. It was rumored Pakistan was very interested in that, but nothing happened. Incidentally, the RD-93 (JF-17 powerplant) is an upgraded RD-33. But the bottom line, is the JF-17 is much more advanced, and upgrading Mirage IIIs/Vs is not the wisest what to spend limited funds.

If this is true then, PAF can sell 150 Mirages to nations like BD, Sudan or Srilanka etc with RD-93 or with those 150 turbojet engines (If PAF really recieved them).

I am very consious that PAF may sell old fleet (F-5T, F-6T, F-7T, F-7, A5, Mirage III, Mirage V) as regularly as PAF getting JF-17's new units.

Does anyone knows, Is PAF selling these old jets?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom