What's new

(Documentary) Warrior Empire: The Mughals..open thread to answer a question

The Mughal empire shall remain controversial. And GDP of subcontinent actually shrunk during the Mughal empire it was more before them despite endless riches.

It was a unstable empire and was so incompetent that it did not allow its people to create wealth for themselves and for the empire. But they levied taxes that made them unpopular.

Despite riches they could not withstand the west because they were corrupt and centralized power needlessly.

This happened during late mughal era after akbar,due to corruption and total collapse of mansabdari system.

Mugals were great but they were no match to ahoms of northeast india(Assam). This was the only region in India and in the world leaving aside the British where mugals were severely defeated. The central asian battle tactics of mughal forces
which worked so well elsewhere, completely failed in these
marshy lands. Midnight boat raids were common and often annihilated
mughal garrisons. The ahoms were agressive,thet were highly skilled in martial arts and used gorilla warfare tactics to fight the Mugals, the mugals were no match to Ahoms. The Ahoms managed to preserve their
independence almost all through the mughal period.
The reason I have chosen to highlight this here is that the history
books taught in India are completely silent about this.
What do they teach instead ? That it was the Rajputs that fought
theMughals. Maintaining silence about the Ahom resistance,
our history books keep eulogizing the Rajputs. I think hardly less than 1% indians know about the Ahom kingdom.

:tsk:
greatest achievement of british - shooting dead all the mughal princes and entire dynasty. selling their women to brothels and putting the emperor in exile. :)
thus ending evil barbaric muslim rule in most of india. altho the failure is that pakistan and BD was there and muslims were not yet eradicated.

Maan..he's just trolling and u fell for it.:tsk:

Mugals were great but they were no match to ahoms of northeast india(Assam). This was the only region in India and in the world leaving aside the British where mugals were severely defeated. The central asian battle tactics of mughal forces
mughal garrisons. The ahoms were agressive,thet were highly skilled in martial arts and used gorilla warfare tactics to fight the Mugals, the mugals were no match to Ahoms. The Ahoms managed to preserve their
independence almost all through the mughal period.
The reason I have chosen to highlight this here is that the history
books taught in India are completely silent about this.
What do they teach instead ? That it was the Rajputs that fought
theMughals. Maintaining silence about the Ahom resistance,
our history books keep eulogizing the Rajputs. I think hardly less than 1% indians know about the Ahom kingdom.

Actually this has long been recognized in any mid-high level history books dude.Telling as history student myself.
Another reason maybe mughals only attacked assam during the end..aurangzeb era,while rajput took brunt from ghori throughout sultanate and mughal era.
Assamese resistance is not forgotten man.

I honestly didnt give a **** about Mughals after Aurangzed died so whatever happened to them they in my opinion deserved it for going so easy on the Hindus. History shows that whenever Muslim emperor went hard against Hindus, most success and booty was rewarded and when they didn't they failed like the Mughals.

But I understand why you are rooting for the British, which made your Hindu blood equal to shoe shiners. Slavery still exists in India?

And i honestly don't give a **** what u think.As for shoe shiner,open history books..muslim league was biggest shoe shiner of british right until just before the very end.Jilipa is a biased noob but it is you who started trolling on this thread.

Mugals were great but they were no match to ahoms of northeast india(Assam). This was the only region in India and in the world leaving aside the British where mugals were severely defeated.

dont forget Maharashtra we not only defeated them but also conquered most of their empire even their capital Delhi after rohillas have captured and imprisoned the then mughal emperor shah alam 2 marathas drove them away and reinstated shah alam 2 as titular emperor of delhi

The central asian battle tactics of mughal forces
mughal garrisons. The ahoms were agressive,thet were highly skilled in martial arts and used gorilla warfare tactics to fight the Mugals, the mugals were no match to Ahoms.

similar stuff happened here the mughals fighting style was much suited for north Indian gangetic plains but turned to be a big disaster in terrains of central and south india where marathas who were familiar and used to fight in the region defeated the numerically much more superior mughals using guerrilla tactics also known as Ganimi Kawa in marathi

dont forget Maharashtra we not only defeated them but also conquered most of their empire even their capital Delhi after rohillas have captured and imprisoned the then mughal emperor shah alam 2 marathas drove them away and reinstated shah alam 2 as titular emperor of delhi

Remember what kind of blood you are made of my dear.
Mughals roasted your Rajput and Marathi kings in a boling pot filled with water.
Then they put your Rajput princesses in Harem's.

Here is pretty decent documentary of History channel on The Mughal Empire!

Interestingly, I didn't know that Mughal Empire was that much powerful/wealthy...

I regard Roman Empire, Persian Empire, Early Islamic Caliphate, Ummayad Empire, Abbasid Empire, Mongolian Empire, Ottoman Empire, French Empire, British Empire etc as the superpowers of their time...and I regarded Mughal Empire, Timurid Empire etc as great powers of their time..

But I'm kinda conflicted...

Mughal Empire, at its peak, held 25% of global economy, ~ 1/4th of global population, was the wealthiest empire on Earth with controlling the only diamond mines of the world, had 200,000+ war-horses, with hundreds of thousands of infantry men, other weapons, and best swords made with damascus steel. Mughals established new cities larger than London in deserts and Mughal engineers provided them with water by using great innovation...and so on...

I think that all these think make Mughal Empire more than a greatpower! What do you think?

mughals were economic super power as were other big empires of south asia due to wealth of this land but rather than building strong empire and military the wasted most of it in building fancy monuments, enjoying lavish life style etc after Akbar most of the time when they tried to extend their empire they were beaten like shahjahan was beaten in Uzbekistan, Aurangzeb in Maharashtra, by Ahoms in Assam, by Sikhs in Punjab etc they also weren't able to protect India from foreign invasions of Nader shah, Afghans and Britishers so all in all they were far from being a super power

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember what kind of blood you are made of my dear.
Mughals roasted your Rajput and Marathi kings in a boling pot filled with water.
Then they put your Rajput princesses in Harem's.

You????:cuckoo: Who are you then???

well, but the mughals could never sustain their animosity against hindus because the business and intellectual capital was with hindus.
we acknowledge british to have driven out the exploitative muslims and non progressive muslims out of power. the muslims of pakistan are basically hindus who converted out of fear or greed. so we also weeded out the weak minded hindus who adopted an alien culture. so i think we are in a good place now. if your ancestors were hindus then probably you are one of those who were weeded out. if your ancestors were mughals then they used to be nautch girls.

Maybe that is what is taught in your textbooks.
Hindus were in Mughal courts, yes, but only those who were educated with Muslim education.

We converted because of the caste system which destroyed the concept of equal life & justice. You didn't convert because the Mughals needed alot of Hindus left to pay for Jiziya. Don't think of yourself too highly. You ancestors were just walking piggy banks to the Mughals. And alot of Pakistan at that time was Buddhist, whom I greatly admire, atleast more than Hindus.

I have no idea what a nautch girl is, but unless your ancestors were a higher wealth class, they probably danced in Mughal courts.

Here is pretty decent documentary of History channel on The Mughal Empire!

Interestingly, I didn't know that Mughal Empire was that much powerful/wealthy...

I regard Roman Empire, Persian Empire, Early Islamic Caliphate, Ummayad Empire, Abbasid Empire, Mongolian Empire, Ottoman Empire, French Empire, British Empire etc as the superpowers of their time...and I regarded Mughal Empire, Timurid Empire etc as great powers of their time..

But I'm kinda conflicted...

Mughal Empire, at its peak, held 25% of global economy, ~ 1/4th of global population, was the wealthiest empire on Earth with controlling the only diamond mines of the world, had 200,000+ war-horses, with hundreds of thousands of infantry men, other weapons, and best swords made with damascus steel. Mughals established new cities larger than London in deserts and Mughal engineers provided them with water by using great innovation...and so on...

I think that all these think make Mughal Empire more than a greatpower! What do you think?

its certainly is a great power.aurangazeb is considered the last greatest mughal ruler .and even after his death british couldnot directly challenge the throne until 1764.british even lost a war with aurangazeb..if only the later mughal rulers are as efficient as the greater rulers britishers would have not stepped in to india.the weakness in mughal empire is everybody wanted their own piece of cake all the nobles tried to control the throne and in some cases they even conspired with the enemy wealth was wasted for luxuries,administration was neglected agriculture was burdened with huge taxes although they are pretty much less than the british taxes later, they neglected a naval force like any indian ruler of those times ..finally the emipire weakened and disintegrated.all the greatness of mughals ended in 1707..and it sure has written a glorious chapter in the history of subcontinent.their art architechture administration and war methods are still a topic of discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
its certainly is a great power.aurangazeb is considered the last greatest mughal ruler .and even after his death british couldnot directly challenge the throne until 1764.british even lost a war with aurangazeb..if only the later mughal rulers are as efficient as the greater rulers britishers would have not stepped in to india.the weakness in mughal empire is everybody wanted their own piece of cake all the nobles tried to control the throne and in some cases they even conspired with the enemy wealth was wasted for luxuries,administration was neglected agriculture was burdened with huge taxes although they are pretty much less than the british taxes later, they neglected a naval force like any indian ruler of those times ..finally the emipire weakened and disintegrated.all the greatness of mughals ended in 1707..and it sure has written a glorious chapter in the history of subcontinent.their art architechture administration and war methods are still a topic of discussion

Pretty accurate.

Aurangzeb was the last great Mughal ruler...

Just like other great Islamic super powers, great powers that were dominating world for centuries, Mughal Empire also declined in 18th century and onwards....

Interestingly, Ottoman Empire also declined in 18th century onwards....

Mughal Empire failed to establish a system for ruling...a system that decided who will rule next...and so on...Oh well, it was good while it lasted though...

so basically the invaders were thieves - bolded part.

you converted because you guys were 1. given land and wealth to increase the Mu numbers. 2. hindu women were taken up by mu barbarians 3. you were low caste hindus whose mind was poisoned by mu invaders that low caste is bad. actually its not.

Nautch girls are a complimentary word for who...res of the mughal court. popular during mughal times and after british destroyed you guys. they were enjoyed by hindus. you have a lot of mixed blood like in bollywood who are the progeny of these.(hindu men + nautch girls)

aurangzeb was not greatest. he just inherited the system left behind by akbar when hindu and mu were freinds and so could sustain power. the true power of a king is shown after he dies and for how long the empire survives. on that aurang was the worst because he alienated hindus.
eg. ponting is considered most successful Aus captain. but really the credit goes to Mark Taylor and allan border.
but after ponting Aus has been going downhill. So really the greatest aussie captain was border / taylor.. not waugh/ponting.

plz spare ur hindu muslim ****.my post was purely historical it has nothing to do with religions.inspite of all his attacks on hindus and hindu temples he was considered greatest because he was a powerful ruler and mughal empire reached its zenith during his reign his was the largest empire in mughals..but his policies towards expansions wasted hell lot of empires money..he did not conciliate rajputs at later stages like his predecessors did. he used only wars as a means of expansion. he wasted hell lot of money on marattas who later became one of the most powerful rulers during british reigns.and most of all he neglectd administration and stayed away from delhi for a long time which enebled the nobles gain their influence in administration who at later stages grew powerful than the rulers..but his lyf was interesting.he adhered to simple life preventing personal luxories he also removed many grand paintings in the court except his deccan escapade,also abolished jharoka darshan and music and dance in court..he believed that spreading islam was his job and chose war for it.he demolished many ancient temples and looted their wealth.his predecessors like shahjahan and akbar were very much secular unlike him and administered their empire beautifully but he neglected administration which became an important reason for the demose of mughal empire at later stages

Pretty accurate.

Aurangzeb was the last great Mughal ruler...

Just like other great Islamic super powers, great powers that were dominating world for centuries, Mughal Empire also declined in 18th century and onwards....

Interestingly, Ottoman Empire also declined in 18th century onwards....

Mughal Empire failed to establish a system for ruling...a system that decided who will rule next...and so on...Oh well, it was good while it lasted though...

he was also a reason for the demise of mughal empire interestingly.it was good that it collapsed and britishers came in..till then subcontinent was of people belonging to different religions,groups,casts and regions they were loyal to only their cast or religion.only after the exploits of britishers began we came to know whats happening around the world and in the country and people united in the name of nationalism and freedom..with out the advent of britishers people of subcontinent would remain as frogs in the wells ignoring whats happening around the world and getting ruled by who ever ruled them.with the demise of mughal empire another glorious chapter begins in the annals of indian history "modern history of india"which gives inspiration to a billion people a struggle for their independence from a foreign power

Back
Top Bottom