What's new

Doctors Feed Aborted Girls to Dogs to Hide Sex-Selection Abortions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a shame for shinning India in 21st century, if see bigger picture the fault exists in Indian society majority are hindus they don't want baby girls and death penalty is must for such doctors.

Hindus?u know the most skewed ratios are found in Punjab and parts of Haryana right?

its a countrys problem not just a communities.

poverty has led indians to abort girls

Nop...those who are poverty stricken cant afford to abort or have ultrasound.

What's wrong with sex-selective abortion? I mean the whole idea about abortion is freedom, doing with your body what you want to do with your body, and not having a child you didn't want to have. Does not allowing sex selective abortion contradict with the basic reasons behind abortion? I mean unless you disagree with abortion all together, that's another story, but I don't see how you can logically favour abortion and not favour sex-selective abortion.

these doctors are bringing shame to entire doctor community . why is not police taking action against such people , they should be punished and they should not be allowed to practice further . Such incidents showing the moral decline of a society

Agree with you. The power and influence of money has compromised these people who have been entrusted by society with trust. Truly a horrific act and the people doing this should be struck off and never be allowed to practice again...

What a shame for shinning India in 21st century, if see bigger picture the fault exists in Indian society majority are hindus they don't want baby girls and death penalty is must for such doctors. :angry:

Here comes "Hindus"... putting colors of religion on everything.By that logic all evil practices of Pakistanis are Islamic?

Pakistanis should not brag about it.. This happens there as well and lots of other worse things..

As a doctor I can only hope there are clear laws in the medical society for those that break the oath.

The news is one thing. Another thing that I found that is worth applause is that Indians themselves here admitted the problem in their news and in members here who accept it and call for it to change.

An action is no way used to describe a society. However the reaction from that society to that action is what reallyr measures it.

What's wrong with sex-selective abortion? I mean the whole idea about abortion is freedom, doing with your body what you want to do with your body, and not having a child you didn't want to have. Does not allowing sex selective abortion contradict with the basic reasons behind abortion? I mean unless you disagree with abortion all together, that's another story, but I don't see how you can logically favour abortion and not favour sex-selective abortion.

Nothing against abortion, but aborting the fetus based on gender smacks of sexual discrimination, which becomes even more irrelevant in a society that is patriarchal (in the region of focus). Choosing to get rid of a fetus is ok, but doing so after finding out the sex of the fetus particularly in a region where there is a history of male children being preferred definitely calls for intervention.

As a doctor I can only hope there are clear laws in the medical society for those that break the oath.

The news is one thing. Another thing that I found that is worth applause is that Indians themselves here admitted the problem in their news and in members here who accept it and call for it to change.

An action is no way used to describe a society. However the reaction from that society to that action is what reallyr measures it.

Yes, we accept this social evil. Accepting a wrong thing is the first major step towards improvement.

Good thing is, there is a realization in India about it and efforts against it are on going .. But still an evil can not be wiped out in a day.. Has existed for a while, will take time to vanish..

And it's not that its happening everywhere and all are complicit to it but with 1 billion + population, even a small percentage makes a large enough number..

Yes, we accept this social evil. Accepting a wrong thing is the first major step towards improvement.

We have our own share of social evils primarily in under developed parts of the country like under age marriage and tribalism and tribal laws still practiced in these parts. However in the past ten years you can detect a sharp rise in the awareness and growth level in our society and media that they begun pursuing and fighting these practices.

When I see in our news about a case of under age marriage or incompatibility of tribal origin and such and then feel the pulse from the street that condemns these action I can't help but feel joy and pride in our society. This news in my opinion is actually something to be proud of not to be ashamed about. What would really be shameful is if there was silence about this matter and the Indian society treating this as normal then and only then there is something wrong.

Well I originally posted in disgust about the part where they feed it to dogs. I just think that's kind of inhumane. I agree with your post though.

Pakistanis should not brag about it.. This happens there as well and lots of other worse things..

This doesn't happen in Pakistan because it is written in Quran that Muslims can't kill female infants or have abortions because before Islam was revealed on earth, Arabs used to practice this crime.

Maybe a few illiterates in Pakistan have sex-selection abortions but its nowhere near to how common it is in india.

Nothing against abortion, but aborting the fetus based on gender smacks of sexual discrimination, which becomes even more irrelevant in a society that is patriarchal (in the region of focus). Choosing to get rid of a fetus is ok, but doing so after finding out the sex of the fetus particularly in a region where there is a history of male children being preferred definitely calls for intervention.

But again, the idea behind abortion is to not have a child you don't want, to have sexual freedom, to be able to do what you want with your body, choice, etc. If it sounds sexually discriminatory, then so be it - the people have the choice in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom