What's new

Do you still use coins and banknotes ?

Vergennes

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
France
Do you guys still use coins and banknotes nowadays ? My use of them has dramatically decreased over the years especially due to payments made with bank cards and the fact that nowadays you can use bank cards and contactless payment for very small value sales. To this point,I don't even have any banknotes or coins on me or at home anymore.

@Nilgiri @waz @Cell_DbZ @Indus Pakistan @Hamartia Antidote @UKBengali @anant_s @Path-Finder @A.P. Richelieu et al.
Well, I do keep my wallet and small amount of cash with me when I leave my home.
But the usage have drastically gone down. I prefer transaction through my smartphone or Cards.

actually I hardly use cash but I do keep some on my person when travelling. In some instances it better to use cash than plastic.

Only when I'm forced too, or where I want avoid paying VAT for work done by a tradesmen.

Yes in MY its still on cash except for large purchases which will be on credit card

All cash and when I have way too much change of coins at home I get them together, count them, put them in a small bag like in the old ages and buy items using the coins from the bag enjoying myself like I am back in the ages. :p :p :p

cash is normally used here in Pakistan but plastic is definitely catching up although I think a generation or two later plastic will hold major position..

For now. Purse nikal Kay kararay note dukandar to do Jo phir note dekh kar 5 bar check karta hai. Lolzz

My preferred way of paypent is indeed the bank card. Sometimes I do pay with cash however.

I live in a suburban area where sometimes you're forced to pay cash. For example when you need to get a bread from the automat, cash (coins only) is the only option.

Furthermore it takes a long time to register a payment with certain stores, so sometimes I simply take money from the bank instead to pay cash.

It's like the transition outside cities hasn't completely finished yet.

I am rather uncertain using apos for payment, the banking card is no1

Yes for very small transactions if the store has a minimum card transaction value.
90% of my spending is put on one of my two credit cards.

the small take away/sandwich shops dont accept card so i must use cash then have to find atm that doesnt charge. cash can be better as you are free to spend on anything it doesn't get recorded or you be charged extortion transaction charge.

Do you guys still use coins and banknotes nowadays ? My use of them has dramatically decreased over the years especially due to payments made with bank cards and the fact that nowadays you can use bank cards and contactless payment for very small value sales. To this point,I don't even have any banknotes or coins on me or at home anymore.

@Nilgiri @waz @Cell_DbZ @Indus Pakistan @Hamartia Antidote @UKBengali @anant_s @Path-Finder @A.P. Richelieu et al.
i not only use them , but collect them as well . it is my hobby . :cheers: , and yes , the use of coins and bank notes is decreasing day by day .

Swedish is pretty much cashless now so nope. Maybe two or three times a year at most. I still like to keep some basic cash in the wallet though. Old habits die hard as they say.

Back
Top Bottom