What's new

Do you laugh at Pathan jokes?

Ethnic jokes are our tradition and i think it shows the love between communities ie if i crack a joke on how my Brother looks or sounds should not be offensive.

Its all matter of understanding and how you look at it , everyone cracks jokes about others and it should be allowed no need for restrictions on laughter - we already are the least smiling nation on this planet !

Jokes should be civil and must not have any offensive or Racist element in them - and it applies to everyone.

I can safely say I've never heard a joke about Pathans, BUT I am notorious for giving people grief when they say something stupidly racist and in bad taste... that's probably the reason why I've never heard them!

There is nothing wrong with a joke about a community as long as it is under limits and not racist or hate mongering.

I personally dont believe in Ethnic , Religious , Sectarian , Racial , Lingual divide and i think this is how it should be.

Jokes are there to make people laugh regardless of any ethnicity being victimized .

what say?

Honestly, Ive never heard of any Pathan Jokes. BUTTT, many Pakistani haters, for example "SOME" Afghani pashtun would tell a Patriotic Pakistani Pashtun that we are made fun of and joked on and why you like Pakistan etc.. But in reality Ive never heard of any Pathan jokes.

Pashtun myself.

They were not common. But these jokes are forwarded through sms in very large number nowadays. Even sardar jokes are modified to make them pathan jokes. like zardari jokes, ahmad faraz jkoes, some group is behind all this.

well i just read jokes for fun. Jokes are made to laugh so i laugh at Pathan, Sikh, Sheikh, marasi, Chaudry or any kind of character added in the joke. But i know some peoples takes these things offensively (i personally don't) so usually when i forward jokes i replace Pathan, Singh, Sheikh or other characters with the word "AADMI" (not everytime though but mostly)

So when i receive the joke for example if its

"1 pathan kahin jaa raha thaa" - i will replace to "1 Aadmi kahin jaa raha thaa".......... the joke is still funny and i try not to offend anybody by using the word "Aadmi"

I think these matters should be taken lightly as these are meant be jokes in the end. But due to sensitive nature of some peoples its better to replace the word Pathan with something else that is offensive to nobody

Actually we are not dumb or funny people so these jokes feel un-natural and offensive to us. I have met many non-pashtuns who really thinks that pathans are brain-less people.............thanks to these jokes.

It's better to be judicious and politically correct while talking about anyone, if someone said something unpleasant about us, we're for sure gonna feel hurt, so its better to do unto others as we wish to be done by...hope i sound right...

When I was in Pakistan I used to get a lot of 'Sardar' jokes.

I never knew what a Sardar was so I just assumed that it was a Paindu or something. They were pretty funny until I realized they were targeted at Sikhs.

This is precisely the reason I hate ethnic jokes. Ethnic jokes while seemingly funny, display our innate biases and stereotypes. Whats offending about ethnic jokes is that they end up making cartoons or caricatures of the race they are about. In your case, you hadn't even met a Sardar while the jokes you heard would have made you form an opinion of them.

These are offensive and whenever anyone send me anything like that i just modify the joke replacing Pashtun character with the ethnicity of the sender and :) send it back to him or her and then their donkas are either on fire or they apologise .

and this is one of them famous replies,

A fool cannot make an atomic bomb - AQ Khan did it.

A fool cannot make a country win a world Cup - Imran Khan and Younis Khan did it.

A fool cannot fly a Jet - Saba Khan (first Pakistani female) did it.

A fool can not go to space - Abdullah Khan with his Russian Colleagues did it.

A fool cannot be a Squash Champion - Hasham Khan, Jehangir Khan, Jansher Khan did it.

A fool cannot rule the film industry - King Khans of Bollywood did it.

A fool cannot create a country - Ahmad Shah Abdali did it.

A fool cannot defeat a super power - Pathans did and still doing it and will do it...Inshallah

and there are endless achievements they had/have in every walk of life. Believe in Realities not Jokes...

By race I am a Pathan, but by heart I am a Pathan, a Punjabi, a Sindhi, a Balochi and a Muhajir because I am a Pakistani - a hell of a proud one.

We are all Pakistani and proud to be. Kindly do not promote racism.

Do not ridicule, support the Pathans to see Pakistan hit the skies.
Thank you

I am a Pathan so my friends don't send me pathan messages as they know i will get offended although they do send me a lot of Sikh Funny Jokes which i remove before even reading.

I am Pushton and I don't find anything offensive in it.

Abu Zolfiqar..BMW stands for bush makes war "replaced" i don't have the lip-seal emo lol.

I Love jokes and if they are really funny I 'll definitely laugh. As long as someone else 's feelings are not hurt, I like all of them....

and about pathan jokes some of them are really funny not only pathan but also jokes about sardars are also funny.....

I think if you take few aside rest are made only for fun not to hurt someone else....

I hadn't heard Pathan joke before, until Pakistani comics appeared on Indian shows like Laughter Challenge or Comedy Circus , and made made lots of crude pathan jokes.

And they weren't funny at all,its like they wanted to make fun of a dumbo who could be from any where and instead simply called him a Pathan or gave him a Pathan name.

Back
Top Bottom