What's new

Do you have any questions about China?

When did that happen...you have to provide your Chinese ID card or your passport.For prepaid subscription you have to pay every month like the contract or Indian post-paid system.For ISD service on your mobile you have to pay a security deposit and fill some papers :rolleyes:

It was a recent change that you need an ID for a sim card. A few years back you could buy a sim card just like you buy icecreams. But there were several incidents that people misused it to verbally attack victims, etc so finally you need to register SIM with your ID.

never heard of man made meat...could you direct me to some link for it [ english please ]
Jade Buddha Temple vegetarian restaurant | CNNGo.com
Guangzhou Vegetarian Restaurants, Guangzhou Vegetarian Diet

It was a recent change that you need an ID for a sim card. A few years back you could buy a sim card just like you buy icecreams. But there were several incidents that people misused it to verbally attack victims, etc so finally you need to register SIM with your ID.
This change does not work well.
in some city people can still buy sim card like buy icecreams in street shop.
andall over china can buy unregisted sim card from taobao..

can you name some good vegetarian Chinese dishes??

Vegetarian dishes are prepared with unique methods that you can find only on Chinese menus! Their basic ingredients are bean products, bean curds or tofu which is another great invention with many dozens tastes; and the other basic ingredients are many different types of mushroom .. and then a lot of different vegetables, bean sprouts!

Actually many non-vegetarian dishes (real meat dishes) can almost find their vegetarian twin brothers in vegetarian restaurants!

Here is a link to vegetarian dishes 斋菜食谱大全_心食谱

Indian civilization is older and still people practicing the civilization. Its even older and continuous civilization than Chinese. honestly I never heard that Chinese too claim their civilization to be continuous civilization.

the whole india was occupied by the brits for 2 centuries, was it not?

Ordinarily, I never put somebody - anybody - on an ignore list. Sometime ago, in a moment of immaturity, I put somebody on an ignore list, only to detect from quoted messages that the person was not obnoxious, simply an individual who expressed her point of view in a totally fearless, detached manner. The ability to annoy every section of the membership at one time or another is a clear signal of inflexible integrity or of an outstanding troll. It seems that I was dealing with inflexible integrity.

I had not encountered this troll before. From February onwards, he has written a vast number of posts. It seems to have been restricted to threads that I avoid, as part of a conscious effort to move away from socio-political threads and concentrate on those relating to the military. However, on being confronted with his in-your-face bad manners, it seemed appropriate to tell him frankly and bluntly that he was worthless and a blot on the reputation of the national group of his origin.

There ends the matter.

case reported for comment not relevant to topic!

Very good thread.

Since chinese posters may get confuse by just visiting the PDF for opinion of Indians on China.

The Indian posters on PDF are usually nationalistic posters barring few.

The common Indian walking on streets or driving cars thinks very high of China and usually admires the rapid pace of development of CHina. Indians started believing that if China being large asian country can develop then India can also develop. Nowdays India too is developing fast though at lesser pace as compared with China. Many Indians also admire the strong centralized system of China and its handling.

My questions is, do educated chinese know about following things about India,

1. Rapid development of India
2. India is a secular country
3. India has around 15-20 different languages and cultures
4. Bollywood
5. Indian view on 1962 war
6. India' software industry
7. India's manufacturing industry
8. india's space adventures
8. Partition of India
9. Kashmir issue
10. The strategic situation where China's support to Pakistan is taking toll on trust between Indian and Chinese relationship.

Thanks in advance.

Personal Impression. There's a TV show host said last week that regular Chinese knows so much about countries far away from China, like US, Europe etc. But very few know neighboring countries. For regular Chinese, even educated ones, they either care about India or not. A lot of people know 1, 3, 4, 6(big 6, this is best known after Buddihism. :), 9. Interestingly a lot of Chinese believe India in a Buddihism country. Very few people know Hinduism.

interruption of india culture is not because of the brits.
it already interruppted around 500 years before the brits comes to india...

But the Brits did play a part didnt they? And indians maintain some of their british colonial cultures

India was under British administration doesn't means Indians stopped practicing their culture(civilization).
Civilization is not history, it consists of language, architecture of buildings, way to live life, festivals, ancient tales and stories, practices such as yoga and vastu shastra we follow our own calendar which has nothing in common with muslims and britishers...... and lists goes on endlessly.

Personal Impression. There's a TV show host said last week that regular Chinese knows so much about countries far away from China, like US, Europe etc. But very few know neighboring countries. For regular Chinese, even educated ones, they either care about India or not. A lot of people know 1, 3, 4, 6(big 6, this is best known after Buddihism. :), 9. Interestingly a lot of Chinese believe India in a Buddihism country. Very few people know Hinduism.

Mainly because the degree of impact that the neighbouring countries have on their daily lives - the main impetus of drawing the attention to get in-depth understanding of your neighbours for the general folks! But I hope all of our countrymen should have the basic knowledge of who are hostile to us and who are not!

I have never heard of man made meat!! interesting business though. Is artificial meat available in china?

haha, this is not a business, it's a cooking method, looks like meat or fish, and taste same too

But the Brits did play a part didnt they? And indians maintain some of their british colonial cultures
hard to say....
the brits robbed a lot from india. but did not destroyed india culture...

英国对印度的征服的统治,我觉得应该客观地说,英国,是比蒙古莫卧尔征服者文明程度更高的外来统治者。英国确实对印度进行了殖民统治,但是,打击的,主要是世袭领地地主贾吉达尔(jagirdar)和世袭正果人士(zamindars)、军事贵族刹帝利(kshatriyas)。而取而代之的统治,较之其土生婆罗门、刹帝利联盟来说,税负剥削程度要低得多。同时,对农业灌溉和公共设施的社会投资,也要多得多。即使是在东印度公司时期,农业灌溉面积增加了八倍,农民税负只有莫卧儿时期的三分一略多。印度人口也从不足一亿,增加到了三亿之众。印度第一次出现了商业信用契约,全国通用的货币、金融。通过英国的小区法官,套用英国式的法治裁判,贱民们第一次拥有了与正果人士打官司的权力。用中国的传统用语来说,英国东印度公司创造了印度的“盛世”。英国对印度的统治,主要是打击了印度赖以自豪的民族精神,令今天印度民族观念的形成,始终无法在“欧洲文明衍生体”,还是“印度文明的继承体”之间作出选择。某种意义上,英国统治对于形成印度民族观,没有帮助。啥此以外,英国本身,应是印度历史上最好的统治者,或者说,最好的一个罪犯。

英国第一次完成了对印度的行政统一。而且,无论是行政牵涉的细节,还是行政覆盖涉及的范围,都远远超过历史上任何一个印度帝国的两到三倍。某种意义上说,没有英国的“征服”,就没有今天的印度。英国对印度的行政,也非常高效。他们把印度分成几千个小区,每个区小得可以派遣一名英国人同时担任法官、税务官、**局。也就是,一个按照英颁印度法律在当地维持统治的小皇帝。小皇帝的任期有限,税收要上缴,薪水由东印度公司发出,(英国政府接收印度后,改由英国支薪)。这是一个外来的高薪养廉的统治阶层,今天新加坡香港所谓的高薪养廉,学的就是英国对印度的殖民统治。而且,他们也确实廉,横竖他们是外派的,所有的人情宗教世俗,对他们全无影响。统治印度只需要不到3.5万英国人,包括了军人和家属。相比于三个代表需要负担一亿人统治中国的行政负担,不能不说,英属印度的行政效率,超出了任何一次的莫卧儿土产王公,也超出了任何一界中国皇朝的政府

India was under British administration doesn't means Indians stopped practicing their culture(civilization).
Civilization is not history, it consists of language, architecture of buildings, way to live life, festivals, ancient tales and stories, practices such as yoga and vastu shastra we follow our own calendar which has nothing in common with muslims and britishers...... and lists goes on endlessly.

Agreed. As I said "some" and you have given examples of them:"language", "building" "tea drinking" "legal system" "political platforms"...

No, neither of these.

The interruption was in 1300 BC, with the decline and disappearance of the Indus Valley Civilisation. We are not able to say with great certainty what happened between 1300 BC and 600 BC, when the Buddha and Mahavira were born. There are no written historical records, and some very patient and painful work has revealed some glimpses from interpreting religious texts and the epics, the Ramayana and the Mahabharata. From that reconstruction, it seems that people from central Asia came into India, speaking a different language from those being spoken until then, and formed a layer of conquering and ruling families over the existing people. It was from these developments that in about 900 years, between 1500 BC and 600 BC, we find that those families and immigrating groups spread through north India, and finally formed sixteen large states. The Buddha was borninoneof these.

That period between 1300 BC and 600 BC was the interruption, when we don't know what happened. Never afterwards was the continuity of Civilisation broken, although there were additions to it, as with the growing number of Muslims, different languages, cultural customs and ways of life were introduced, usually directly or indirectly from what was done in other countries.

Many Indians do not agree with this account, for reasons of nationalistic pride, and refusal to accept what British and foreign, including Arab, Persian and central Asian historians recorded.

hard to say....

英国对印度的征服的统治,我觉得应该客观地说,英国,是比蒙古莫卧尔征服者文明程度更高的外来统治者。英国确实对印度进行了殖民统治,但是,打击的,主要是世袭领地地主贾吉达尔(jagirdar)和世袭正果人士(zamindars)、军事贵族刹帝利(kshatriyas)。而取而代之的统治,较之其土生婆罗门、刹帝利联盟来说,税负剥削程度要低得多。同时,对农业灌溉和公共设施的社会投资,也要多得多。即使是在东印度公司时期,农业灌溉面积增加了八倍,农民税负只有莫卧儿时期的三分一略多。印度人口也从不足一亿,增加到了三亿之众。印度第一次出现了商业信用契约,全国通用的货币、金融。通过英国的小区法官,套用英国式的法治裁判,贱民们第一次拥有了与正果人士打官司的权力。用中国的传统用语来说,英国东印度公司创造了印度的“盛世”。英国对印度的统治,主要是打击了印度赖以自豪的民族精神,令今天印度民族观念的形成,始终无法在“欧洲文明衍生体”,还是“印度文明的继承体”之间作出选择。某种意义上,英国统治对于形成印度民族观,没有帮助。啥此以外,英国本身,应是印度历史上最好的统治者,或者说,最好的一个罪犯。

英国第一次完成了对印度的行政统一。而且,无论是行政牵涉的细节,还是行政覆盖涉及的范围,都远远超过历史上任何一个印度帝国的两到三倍。某种意义上说,没有英国的“征服”,就没有今天的印度。英国对印度的行政,也非常高效。他们把印度分成几千个小区,每个区小得可以派遣一名英国人同时担任法官、税务官、**局。也就是,一个按照英颁印度法律在当地维持统治的小皇帝。小皇帝的任期有限,税收要上缴,薪水由东印度公司发出,(英国政府接收印度后,改由英国支薪)。这是一个外来的高薪养廉的统治阶层,今天新加坡香港所谓的高薪养廉,学的就是英国对印度的殖民统治。而且,他们也确实廉,横竖他们是外派的,所有的人情宗教世俗,对他们全无影响。统治印度只需要不到3.5万英国人,包括了军人和家属。相比于三个代表需要负担一亿人统治中国的行政负担,不能不说,英属印度的行政效率,超出了任何一次的莫卧儿土产王公,也超出了任何一界中国皇朝的政府

对! 英国人是殖民地统治者的专家! 他们有一套, 但最终是想同化, 蚕食,留下祸根!

I have three questions for you. Would appreciate if any of the chinese member could answer it for me.

Q.It has been reported that China's SOEs, which use half of the State's fixed assets and 60 percent of bank loans, produce only one third of total industrial output. Is this true? China has adopted the SOE reform since 1986. How are the reforms being carried out and to what effect?

Q: To build a harmonious and well-off society is an ideal that humankind has always pursued. Is it too early, however, for China, a country with a serious wealth gap and significant urban-rural disparity, to propose and strive for the concept of a 'harmonious society?

Q: At present, many people in the West think China practices a one-party system. Is this true? Why doesn't China adopt the same multi-party system as the Western countries, under which various political parties hold the state power by turn?

Two many pages, not sure whether this is answered.

1. This is too professional for me to answer.
2. Usually a society strives for something that it lacks for.
3. It is true. Personally, I think one-party systems and multi-party systems both have their cons and pros. Personally I think economy is more important. I'd rather to have the country focus on development first. Personally I prefer S'pore and HK model better, independent legal systems, media transparency without voting bank politics.

hard to say....

This is not correct.

Initially the British came as a commercial enterprise. Their original representation in India was as a joint stock company, not a national representation. They made applications to the ruling monarchs, then the Mughals, and not, as you say, a Brahmin+Kshatriyas combination, for trading rights. They gradually acquired power and state authority, and became rulers with their Queen as Empress of India, only in 1858.

If you are interested, your account can be analyzed and the nature of British rule, as I have learnt from studying history, can be presented.

Back
Top Bottom