What's new

Do Pakistanis feel schadenfreude towards India's Minorities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Pakistanis have schadenfreude towards Indian Muslims ? Yes - "See we were wise enough to pack our bags in '47 .You did not and now you are ruled by Hindoos" is the dominant theme.

Let me correct your statement a bit. 92% of Pakistani Muslims didn't pack their so called bags :D. They were in their respective lands before and after partition. And those 92% of Pakistani Muslims were not ruled by "Hindoos" as those "Hindoos" were the minority in those lands later known as Pakistan.

Precisely correct.

Ironically, those who strove for Pakistan are not those who live in Pakistan.

Pakistan inki baap ki jaagir nahi to make the rules. We are in every which way (especially the current generation which is born in Pakistan), Pakistanis. I'll kick these racists to India before I go there.

Asim bhai, yaar ye kya baat huyi ladayi tumhari aur problem India ke maththay madd do.. India ko kya lga rakha hai, babaji ka ghar :lol:

I saw charred bodies in the Gujarat riots... Pregnant bellies cut open, police standing idly by...

You saw ..? Saw as in saw ?

Correction: the Indian gloating existed long before terrorism became a byword. It goes back to the Indian feeling that "you are not better off by separating from us".

BS.

I and almost all in my generation have just two words for Partition - Good Riddance !!!

Let me correct your statement a bit. 92% of Pakistani Muslims didn't pack their so called bags :D. They were in their respective lands before and after partition. And those 92% of Pakistani Muslims were not ruled by "Hindoos" as those "Hindoos" were the minority in those lands later known as Pakistan.

You should have told this to MAJ before partition happened.

Pakistan inki baap ki jaagir nahi to make the rules......... I'll kick these racists to India before I go there.

I have no comments on what actions you want to take, as that is your decision as an individual Muhajir.

However, I must disagree with you on the question of "to whom does Pakistan belong"? And here is why:

Pakistan is (mainly) Punjab, Sindh, Pashtunistan, Balochistan (neglecting small groups). It is almost axiomatic that Punjab belongs to Punjabis, Sindh belongs to Sindhis, Balochistan belongs to the Baloch, and Pashunistan belongs to the Pashtuns.

Therefore, taking inspiration from Chaudhary Rehmat Ali, when we sum Pakistan= Punjab + Sindh + Pashtunistian + Balochistan, what we are saying is Pakistani = Punjabi + Sindhi + Pashtun + Baloch.

These are the people of the Indus. These are the decendents of people of the Indus Valley Civilization (IVC). They have a 5000 year old history and a highly-evolved culture centered around the Indus River System. This history and culture is entirely distinct from that of the Gangetic-Plains Civilization (GPC), which forms the basis of India (North). In fact, the real difference between India and Pakistan, as countless posters have already said on this forum, is that the former is the inheritor of GPC and the latter is the inheritor of IVC.

So what about the Muhajirun? These are people from the Gangetic-Plains, are they not? So where do the Gangetic-Plains Muhajirun (GPM) fit into the composite picture of IVC-derived Pakistan? What did Ch. Rehmat Ali have to say about the Muhajirun? Did Ch. Rehmat Ali even mention any Muhajirun?

I am sorry to say that the poster you just cursed as "I will kick these rascists.." might actually be correct, even though his view does seem a bit excessively rascist. Pakistan may well be, as you colorfully put it, "inki baap ki jaagir". After all, France is the "baap ki Jaagir" of the French, is it not? So why should the Punjabis, Sindhi, Baloch, Pashtun etc. (IVC-people) be any different?

You might not like to hear this, but then the truth is seldom welcome to many of us. Some of us often prefer to live under the Soft Shadows of a Sweet Delusion, rather than go out into the Harsh Light of the Bitter Truth.

I have no comments on what actions you want to take, as that is your decision as an individual Muhajir.

However, I must disagree with you on the question of "to whom does Pakistan belong"? And here is why:

Pakistan is (mainly) Punjab, Sindh, Pashtunistan, Balochistan (neglecting small groups). It is almost axiomatic that Punjab belongs to Punjabis, Sindh belongs to Sindhis, Balochistan belongs to the Baloch, and Pashunistan belongs to the Pashtuns.

Therefore, taking inspiration from Chaudhary Rehmat Ali, when we sum Pakistan= Punjab + Sindh + Pashtunistian + Balochistan, what we are saying is Pakistani = Punjabi + Sindhi + Pashtun + Baloch.

These are the people of the Indus. These are the decendents of people of the Indus Valley Civilization (IVC). They have a 5000 year old history and a highly-evolved culture centered around the Indus River System. This history and culture is entirely distinct from that of the Gangetic-Plains Civilization (GPC), which forms the basis of India (North). In fact, the real difference between India and Pakistan, as countless posters have already said on this forum, is that the former is the inheritor of GPC and the latter is the inheritor of IVC.

So what about the Muhajirun? These are people from the Gangetic-Plains, are they not? So where do the Gangetic-Plains Muhajirun (GPM) fit into the composite picture of IVC-derived Pakistan? What did Ch. Rehmat Ali have to say about the Muhajirun? Did Ch. Rehmat Ali even mention any Muhajirun?

I am sorry to say that the poster you just cursed as "I will kick these rascists.." might actually be correct, even though his view does seem a bit excessively rascist. Pakistan may well be, as you colorfully put it, "inki baap ki jaagir". After all, France is the "baap ki Jaagir" of the French, is it not? So why should the Punjabis, Sindhi, Baloch, Pashtun etc. (IVC-people) be any different?

You might not like to hear this, but then the truth is seldom welcome to many of us. Some of us often prefer to live under the Soft Shadows of a Sweet Delusion, rather than go out into the Harsh Light of the Bitter Truth.

Smooth and articulate, and cunning like a fox.

Your premises are false; the culture and history of the IVC is not different from the so-called Ganges Valley Civilisation. But your detractors will be unable to attack you, as this is one of the key articles of faith for them.

Very clever. But not clever enough!

You saw ..? Saw as in saw ?

As in

v. saw (sô), seen (sn), see·ing, sees
v.tr.
1. To perceive with the eye.
a. To apprehend as if with the eye.
b. To detect by means analogous to use of the eye:

And here is why:

This is not an explanation of why, if you accept this premise, you are essentially saying Obama can is not American - he's an African. Heck Bush is not American, he's British.

This is an antiquated, caveman-like thinking of allegiance, loyalty and nationhood. Thankfully the official law, passed by the majority comprising of Punjabis, Baloch, Sindhis, Pashtuns (and everyone else who has ever held public office) has upheld the Pakistan Citizenship Act and improved upon it through several amendments.

Till now even Punjabis, Sindhis, Baloch and Pashtuns have their citizenship determined by this act

Pakistani nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Pakistan Citizenship Act 1951 (also known as “Pakistan Citizenship Act 1951 (II of 1951)) was enacted on the 13th of April, 1951; stating the purpose of it is "to make provision for citizenship of Pakistan".[2] The Act has since then been amended (1952, 1972, 1973, 2000)[3] and there are still some more amendments that might be added. This Act referred to ways in which a person could gain Pakistani citizenship and how a person could lose or be denied their citizenship.

Section 3 - Citizenship at the date of commencement of this Act : At the commencement of this Act every person shall be deemed to be a citizen of Pakistan:
People whose parents or grandparents were born in what is now considered Pakistan (after August 14, 1947).
Many people who came from India have ancestral links to Pakistan.

People whose parents or grandparents were born in the territory know as India on March 31, 1937
And obviously they have had some links to India too
People who migrated to the territory of Pakistan before this Act
Many did

Section 4 - Citizenship by birth : Anyone born in Pakistan after this Act is a Pakistani Citizen
Except if the father is considered an enemy of the state or the father has immunity from legal process
Section 5 – Citizenship by descent: If one parent has Pakistani Citizenship then a person born to that parent may also get citizenship.
Section 6- Citizenship by Migration: If a person migrates from an Indo-Pakistan sub-continent, before 1st January 1952, with the intention of permanently residing then they may receive citizenship
If he is a man, his wife and children may get Pakistani citizenship as well.

Citizenship by birth almost fully includes the majority of Pakistanis today including those who you still accord silly tags like Muhajir

Descent as well
Migration before 1952 as well

Section 16 – Deprivation of Citizenship: One may be deprived or stripped of citizenship if:
Citizenship was obtained by false information
The person in question has acted disloyal to the country
One has been engaging with the enemy during times of war

Altaf ghaddar may be kicked out through this definition, not everyone else.

[...]

Your comment betrays an atavistic mindset which epitomizes everything that is wrong with Pakistan. Given your OP where you hinted at separation of Pakistan along ethnic lines, it is not surprising that you hold such a racist view. I do know, sadly enough, that your view is shared by many racists within Pakistan, but the challenge for the rest of us is to educate the next generation to rise above this petty ethnocentricity and relegate your mindset to the dustbins of history.

The vision of Pakistan we promote is not along French, but American, lines of national identity. A person is Pakistani, not due to genetic lineage or linguistic choices, but simply because they hold a Pakistani passport and swear allegiance to the nation, either because they were born in the territory of Pakistan or through naturalization.

There is no hierarchy of 'pure' Pakistanis v/s 'muhajir' Pakistanis. Ethnic chauvinism has no place in a progressive Pakistan, any more than religious chauvinism does.

Schadenfreude?Pakistanis have no idea about Indian Muslims.They only see things via the prism of some articles highlighting isolated negative incidents.My advice to Pakistan would be to not to feel schadenfreude or sorry for Indian Muslims but to have a look at their own country first.Pehle apna ghar to sambhal lo yaar, phir hum pe taras karna :lol:

Infact, I predict that Pakistanis will be envious of Indian minorities in only a few decades, at max., when the gap between the two countries starts to widen up so much that the standard of life in both countries will have a stark difference.Till that day comes, Pakistanis will keep their heads buried in the sand by citing one or to examples of religious intolerance which are being weeded out slowly but surely.I bet the next generations of Pakistan which will grow up in an India dominated world will have a tinge of regret about the past.This phenomenon has already started manifesting itself even in the nascent growth stage of India.

Imam, till date the Afghans who have been here for some decades and have naturalized, lay a stronger claim to Pakistani nationality than what you would accord to the people you call Muhajirs.

You seem to be under-rating the sacrifice their ancestors (note the present day people are born in Pakistan) made by leaving everything behind and coming to Pakistan.

If being born in the land attaches you to it - sacrificing your entire life for the land links you and your future generations to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom