What's new

Do Pakistanis feel schadenfreude towards India's Minorities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celebrities are highly emotional - someone refuses a flat to her and she cries out - check her profile - and know how much respect she garners within India - If there was bias against her, would she have reached this level?

Azmi has appeared in over 120 Hindi films in both mainstream and independent cinema, Azmi is a social and women's rights activist, a Goodwill Ambassador of the United Nations Population Fund (UNPFA), and a member of the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Indian parliament. She went on to receive the National Film Award consecutively for three years from 1983 to 1985 for her roles in movies, Arth, Khandhar and Paar. Another film Godmother (1999) earned her another National Film Award, taking her tally to five.
Shabana Azmi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is her famous husband.
Javed Akhtar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is her famous son.
Farhan Akhtar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is her famous Daughter
Zoya Akhtar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All of the them are INDIAN Muslims.

Step-son and step-daughter.

Schadenfreudism exits on both sides but its more on Pakistani side because it deals with their root. Indians feel that they have no roots in Two Nation theory (TNT) but Pakistan does.And what was TNT all about?? That muslims in India wont be free, they shall be oppressed so they need a new nation for safeguarding their right, their culture.

Pakistanis feel attached & concerned to Indian muslims its natural prosperity & development of Indian muslim community directly implies failure of the concepts & ideologies by which Pakistan came to existence. where as if its other way means if Indian muslims are oppressed round than it means ancestors of present day pakistanis were visionary & rightful.

Hundreds of muslims killed in Gujrat a decade before are often discussed on daily basis where as daily killing of shias, hazaras in own soil is forgotten.Oppresion of kashmiris is a national issue while oppression of Hindus in pakistan or balochis in pakistan is occassionally discussed.

This feeling in Pakistanis will not be eradicated for next few generations. The 1947 partition or TNT are still fresh historical wounds, only time will heal it.

Not sure about pakistanis but I do detect schadenfreude among indians for daily sectarian killings and Drone attacks with all those smiles printed on such threads.Isn't the Indians who type comments on TOI or other indian news papers below every drone or terror attack news in pakistan as....

"one pakistani dead is one terrorist less in the world"

or some thing like

comments on 72 virgins etc etc..

as disgusting as it can get.

TOI comments show every Indians mentality!! They are religion centric LOSERS!!! Then they tell us!! Stupid Hindutvas!! Never trust a Indian!

Firstly OP is not about what are indian or what they feel about, its about Pakistanis.

Have you ever been on TOI for sufficient time?? you said half truth have & missed the other half.
you will see many pakistanis there on almost all threads related to india's success or failures ... texting about ghazwa-e-hind, abusing hindu gods,cow-piss*s,etc etc. There are more Pakistanis create anti-indian pages & groups on Facebook than they create Pro-Pakistani pages there.

why should there be any conflict at all? After all, whether Muhajir, Sindhi or Pashtun, we are all Muslim first, right?

Still further, the migrants from East Punjab, Haryana & Jammu who came to Pakistan in 1947 are not called "Muhajir" are they? They are totally assimilated now, are they not? So why are the Urdu-speakers still called "muhajir" after 65 years? Why have they not been assimilated like the Punjabi migrants? Are they not "Muslim enough" for the Ummah in Pakistan?

Sorry i am not interested in reading lecture of Altaf Bhi about partitions. Your post is all about hasty generalisation as if all Pakistani belong to different ethnicities are intolerant and going to kill each others. We are all Muslims and Muslims are also humans beings and they could also have differences among themselves for various reasons. All countries where different ethnicities reside could have such conflicts and its all depend how well government deal with these issues . Most of the times Pakistan had coalition governments which did little to help in solving ethnic conflicts. What i said earlier is that ethnic conflicts mostly occur when different groups in society are deprived of their due political, social and economic rights. It has nothing to do with i consider myself more Punjabi/Sindhi and less Muslim or vice versa

Those who migrated from Indian Punjab to Pakistani Punjab got settled easily because of common language and culture .The migration of Muslims from India took place in two phases. One was before 1947 and the other one was after 1947 and mostly people who arrived in Pakistan from the areas that fell within the newly constituted India in the aftermath of Partition are referred as Muhajir . Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) and his companions were also called Muhajirun when they left Makkah for medina. Its not a negative word and these peoples are not any less loyal Pakistani than any other groups so please stop this BS.

If I were a Muslim in secular India this is how I would react to your statement pertaining equality - Let Azmi buy an apartment in Mumbai without any discrimination let schedule castes obtain equal rights and then make a remark on equality in a state based on a religion.. Anyway, lets not derail the topic.... Have your say on topic and not on PRINCIPLES of a state.

Firstly, she already owns many properties in Mumbai, and secondly, she should not try to buy an apartment in a building where residents want vegetarian neighbours.

Furthermore people have to understand that even Hindus are subjected to the same situation -

575711_460515527300707_1905350974_n.jpg

Firstly, she already owns many properties in Mumbai, and secondly, she should not try to buy an apartment in a building where residents want vegetarian neighbours.

Furthermore people have to understand that even Hindus are subjected to the same situation -

Even different ethnic groups within Hindus are subject to the same scrutiny. Nobody likes our fish-eating habits, and the accompanying odors and fragrances [disclaimer: we are both vegetarians in our family].

Imam Bukhari, why your writing style makes me think that you are not Pakistani, but Indian Muslim? Might be a Hyderabadi. All that extensive usage of "Bhai" and "Bhaiyyas".

i already said these words to imam bukhari ...:D

he is surely an indian .....there is a lobby which is working against pakistan through media ,newspaper etc .have u watched shazia's programmes on youtube? ....she is working for that lobby ...

Somewhere down the line we need to stop looking at everything from a religious perspective. Its not the Hindus in Pakistan or the Muslims in India .

They are Pakistanis and Indians living in their respective countries.

As rightly brought out by the poster at No 1, this religious pre- fix is made more to console one's own self with that ' thank God I am here' feeling. Little realising that Hindus in India are hardly better than the Muslims in Pakistan.

Both suffer from poor governance , exploitation and corruption equally.

I could be wrong. This is just my theory. Like most Psycho-babble theories, I am sure there is a lot of "hoo-haa" in it. I just thought it would be interesting if readers would look deep inside and come up with their own views on this theory. Does not have to be in absolutes of True/False, Yes/No only. Posters could also examine finer nuances like "Yes, but", "No, although", "Unlikely, but possible", "Improbable, but not impossible" etcetera.

In addition to what you said, this Pakistani tendency of showing "fake concern" about Indian Muslims is just a way of inciting and riling them up. Its text book "shyte stirring". Many Pakistanis still think and dream of carving another Muslim nation out of India, and no am talking about just the Zaid Hamid types. Am not sure where this obsession about creating Muslim nation stems from, could be a religious thing?

From what I have noticed, Pakistani concern about Indian Muslims or other minorities is far from genuine. They show their concern and support by running countless blogs filled with fake propaganda. Propaganda involving "atrocities" on Indian Muslims, Dalits, and Khalistani Sikhs, you ll find Pakistanis behind most of them.

If we take your example of Gujarat Riots, there are literally hundreds of Pakistani run blog sites with gory pictures of "Gujarat riot victims". Its safe to say that more than 90% of these pictures are not even from Gujarat or from India for that matter. But hey if each of these blogs manage to brainwash even one gullible soul, thats their job done, and they have managed to create one more India hater. We are seeing a similar phenomena with the Myanmar Rohingya situation these days. Almost all the photos depicting the riot victims are fake, and majority of them are being posted by Pakistanis or Bangladeshis all over the social media.

Even when you point out the authenticity of these photos, these people want to keep believing the propaganda and keep peddling the disinformation. Sometimes I wonder if such people just pretend to be brainwashed.

Pakistanis use Islam as a tool for their strategic gains and use it to emotionally blackmail Indian Muslims. On this very forum if Indian Muslims ever say anything in support of India or against Pakistan they are labelled as "slaves of their Hindu masters" or are mocked for apparently trying too hard to prove their loyalty towards India. Its almost like Pakistanis expect Indian Muslims to back Pakistan over India!

Having said that, am sure there are Pakistanis who after reading all the propaganda on the internet genuinely feel concerned about Indian Muslims, to them I just have to say that its not all that bad, no where as bad as say Hazaras and Ahmedis have it in Pakistan.

575711_460515527300707_1905350974_n.jpg

Are there that many Christians in Mohali??

Does Pakistanis have schadenfreude towards Indian Muslims ? Yes - "See we were wise enough to pack our bags in '47 .You did not and now you are ruled by Hindoos" is the dominant theme

Do Indians have schadenfreude towards Pakistanis ? - Yes - "See we told terrorism never pays. Now you are reaping the fruits from the seeds you sowed" is the dominant theme. I'll be frank - most of the RIP you see in a bomb blast thread from various people are just for the sake of it and not out of genuine sympathy.

Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) and his companions were also called Muhajirun when they left Makkah for medina.

Intially, yes. They were called the Muhajirun in Yathrib.

But what were they called 65 years after the Hejira?

Still Muhajirun? Or Just Muslims?

Sorry i am not interested in reading lecture of Altaf Bhi about partitions.

Altaf Bhai, although the head of somewhat thuggish party, is the only model of hope for Pakistan. Without more people who think like Altaf Bhai, I guarantee you Pakistan will turn into a slaughterhouse 10 years from now.

See what he says with Mubashir Luqman: "Allama Iqbal nay Ram kay Shan may bhi nazmeh likhee, Guru Nanak kay Shan may bhi likhee". Why do you think he holds that opinion. Is it because he is "Hinduwon key Awlad", "Ghaddar", "Indian-Agent", "Murtad"?

And if he is, why does his party win so many seat in the local, state and national elections?

Altaf Hussain - Courageous stand on Religious Rights in Pakistan - Part 1/2 - YouTube

......these peoples are not any less loyal Pakistani than any other groups so please stop this BS.

2008 Elections-- Pakistani general election, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MQM Results--

Muhajir Population: 8%
MQM Votes: 7.5%
MQM Seats: 19/270
MQM Seats: 7%

After winning solid position in the Islamabad Assembly, here is the "loyalty of these people"--

Altaf Bhai Visits Hindutva BJP Friends

http://www.defence.pk/forums/nation...ks-political-asylum-his-supporters-india.html

Note the Irony: A Powerful Ethnic-Indian but Muslim Political-leader from Pakistan (Altaf Bhai) is in India asking for potential asylum from an equally powerful Ethnic-Sindhi but Hindu Political-Leader from India (Advani), because he fears that his fellows Muslims in Sindh (and, of course, the Punjabis) will persecute his Muhajir (Indian) people.

This makes my head spin. They should make an American Soap Opera on Pakistan. What is going on here? What is all this high drama, with all these twists and turns? Is there one single individual anywhere in our country who knows what on earth is happening in our country? Or is everybody just fast asleep? Is it Dahi khayee, dakar maari, aur sau gayey, as far as our Qaum is concerned?

This generation of Pakistani's are still compares because they still feel the need to do so. All you need to do is look up the posts of people, how often they bring up Gujarat riots and follow it up with 'thank god for Pakistan'. Yet i dont see them say something opposite when within that 10 year period since 2002, atleast 100 other examples of Indian Muslims achieving great things is not commented upon by something like 'looks like Indian Muslims are doing well ! ' Pakistani's still mostly feel the need to justify their separation on the logic that Hindus and Muslims cannot live together in peace and prosper. Consequently they pick and choose what data to remember.

I wish what you said had been true, unfortunately it is not.

I saw charred bodies in the Gujarat riots... Pregnant bellies cut open, police standing idly by...

These are issues to take up FOR the Indian Muslims just for the sake of humanity's cause. It does not mean it justifies Pakistan's existence, which is not seeking any justification.

Does Pakistanis have schadenfreude towards Indian Muslims ? Yes - "See we were wise enough to pack our bags in '47 .You did not and now you are ruled by Hindoos" is the dominant theme

Do Indians have schadenfreude towards Pakistanis ? - Yes - "See we told terrorism never pays. Now you are reaping the fruits from the seeds you sowed" is the dominant theme. I'll be frank - most of the RIP you see in a bomb blast thread from various people are just for the sake of it and not out of genuine sympathy.

Correction: the Indian gloating existed long before terrorism became a byword. It goes back to the Indian feeling that "you are not better off by separating from us".

It is like when an artistic duo splits and goes their separate ways. Each side hopes the other won't do as well in their solo career.

Intially, yes. They were called the Muhajirun in Yathrib.

But what were they called 65 years after the Hejira?

Still Muhajirun? Or Just Muslims?

Altaf Bhai, although the head of somewhat thuggish party, is the only model of hope for Pakistan. Without Altaf Bhai, Pakistan will turn into a slaugtherhouse 10 years from now.

See what he says with Mubashir Luqman: "Allama Iqbal nay Ram kay Shan may bhi nazmeh likhee, Guru Nanak kay Shan may bhi likhee". Why do you think he holds that opinion. Is it because he is "Hinduwon key Awlad", "Ghaddar", "Indian-Agent", "Murtad"?

And if he is, why does his party win so many seat in the local, state and national elections?

Altaf Hussain - Courageous stand on Religious Rights in Pakistan - Part 1/2 - YouTube

As a person who's family migrated from India - I consider myself only Pakistani and I can declare easily that Altaf Bhai is the biggest chawal in Pakistan.

That Ghaddar can ask whatever he wants to - try to come to Pakistan and say we want to join back with India.

2008 Elections-- Pakistani general election, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MQM Results--

Muhajir Population: 8%
MQM Votes: 7.5%
MQM Seats: 19/270
MQM Seats: 7%

Altaf Bhai Visits Hindutva BJP Friends

http://www.defence.pk/forums/nation...ks-political-asylum-his-supporters-india.html

Note the Irony: A Powerful Ethnic-Indian but Muslim Political-leader from Pakistan (Altaf Bhai) is in India asking for potential asylum from an equally powerful Ethnic-Sindhi but Hindu Political-Leader from India (Advani), because he fears that his fellows Muslims in Sindh (and, of course, the Punjabis) will persecute his Muhajir (Indian) people.

This makes my head spin. They should make an American Soap Opera on Pakistan. What is going on here? What is all this high drama, with all these twists and turns? Is there one single individual anywhere in our country who knows what on earth is happening in our country? Or is everybody just fast asleep? Is it Dahi khayee, dakar maari, aur sau gayey, as far as our Qaum is concerned?

In the 2008 election my sister went to vote... In the ladies only booth there were armed MQM guards, they gave her a bunch of 20 voting ballots and told her to vote for MQM.

They were cheating so much that they needed to put the public on gun point to vote for MQM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom