What's new

Do Chinese celebrate Christmas?

We celebrate Xmas too, in shopping malls and pubs. Funny no body mentioned Jesus or God except Santa Clause, may be Santa was favoured because of free goodies.

Actually I like Christians, they are nice people until they start to preach..... I have been exposed to Christian preaching even before i was able to speak but I prefer to be Buddhist after decades of searching. I even had a few Bibles and I read them every page again and again but I could not accept it, sorry.

Chinese government should encourage people to become Buddhist before it is too late.....
There are quite a few Buddhist universities in China and even one in my hometown. Of course the students have to become monks and nuns first. I was surprised that many wealthy young men became monks. There was a huge online sensation when a very good looking guy decided to be a monk about 5 years ago. Now he graduated from one Buddhist university.
But I have never heard of Christian colleges in China.

Having state funded Buddhist universities is rather a big deal. To me, Buddhism is the tacitly recognized state religion though the state will never say it outright due to the party's nature.

There are quite a few Buddhist universities in China and even one in my hometown. Of course the students have to become monks and nuns first. I was surprised that many wealthy young men became monks. There was a huge online sensation when a very good looking guy decided to be a monk about 5 years ago. Now he graduated from one Buddhist university.
But I have never heard of Christian colleges in China.

Having state funded Buddhist universities is rather a big deal. To me, Buddhism is the tacitly recognized state religion though the state will never say it outright due to the party's nature.
China should not be a buddhist country.

Just wanted to make another point is that Jesus Christ was never mentioned by any historians who lived in that time. He's only mentioned in the bible.

Actually there are some references to him...but no direct records from historians who lived in that era are still around that mention him. Probably the best comes from Tacitus ( Tacitus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ). He was born around 50AD. Some of his surviving works mention Jesus - and that was only because he was so anti-Christian that he talked about him a bit. The irony is his sharp words are pretty good proof that he existed ( Tacitus on Christ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

Jesus was exist.

But the story and the teaching of him, have been misunderstood and misinterpreted. Basically Christianity of today is an empty religion.

Back
Top Bottom