What's new

DMRC to help build Dhaka Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone noticed how these little pdf-bds haven't been able to counter an single factual post pertinent to the DMRC and its many achievements so far? It's all toilet talk for the feces-obsessed - talk about having a chip on one's shoulder :lol:

When will you start to realise that you're barking up the wrong tree with your juvenile posts - they reek of frustration, animosity, and desperation. None of those stations look (or are supposed to look) "grand", even in our opinion; they're merely functional, efficient, and cost-effective. Belittling others' success is the hallmark of a frustrated, jealous individual.

Frustrated and jealous of India. Oh puh-leaase! Gimme a frickin' break!! Nobody is belittling anything - these are everyday facts.

I'm thankfully a rather informed moderate Bangladeshi when it comes to balanced impressions about India. Go ask an avg. Bangladeshi on any street in any city in Bangladesh about 'Indian technology' and see what their disdainful impression is. It won't be positive to say the least. They're very familiar with your products and infrastructure. Most of them have been to India anyways and know your failings like the back of their hand. The point is mere Bhartiya chest-thumping on one-off projects won't change Bangladeshi minds when the actual record on average is this bad.

I suggest you cool down and observe a few facts which are as clear as day to those of us in Bangladesh. Why do you think Hasina hasn't tried giving contract work to Indian firms rather than China on _any_ project in Bangladesh. Because,

a. She'll be labeled as an Indian 'dalal' (the worst moniker one can give anyone in Bangladesh which even AWAMI League-rs are scared of - it is political suicide), and,
b. She knows very well that Indian firms (even DMRC) won't be financially competitive with Chinese firms.

Unlike India - the Chinese have been making rolling stock (from design level), infrastructure, signalling systems for decades on end and their costs are therefore way lower than Indian costs. This is fact - not mere banter. Their Indigenization level (designing and sourcing parts locally and independently without dependence on foreign sources) goes far deeper and way better than India on this sort of technology. India just got into the game a few years ago on the Urban Rapid transit business. Why is this so hard to understand? Making third rate locos at CLW and DLW doesn't count because these stagnant union-infested PSU's don't produce anything of value when it comes to a modern MRTS or urban rapid transit system.

Poverty? :lol: where's the darn connection? Infrastructural development vs poverty is what you're now arguing? Really?

May you be blessed with a greater perspective on things, you typical internet warrior. Get your head out of lake Gulshan for it seems to have had permanent ill effects. This thread is about Dhaka seeking the help of the DMRC, South Asia's premiere MRT construction and management company, which since its inception, has helped millions upon millions of everyday, ordinary Indians, become mobile. All this of course, built in record time, of high quality, incorporating internationally recognised safety standards, and causing minimal disruption to existing surface transport. If the aforementioned isn't an achievement, I don't know what is. Let's talk when you've achieved even 1% of what the DMRC has.

Moving people around efficiently within a city does not even remotely compare as achievement when it comes to eradicating poverty and giving people actual jobs. If people are,
  1. starving and malnourished,
  2. can't go relieve themselves because of a lack of proper facilities,
  3. feeding themselves stagnant water,
  4. not educated enough and therefore are used to killing their female phoetuses because of societal norms,
  5. used to raping women trying to relieve themselves after dark so women are only tinkling twice a day (!),
then hiding behind 'showcase' projects like these are mere 'polish' on rusted metal underneath. The priorities are so misplaced its not even funny.

You know - Amartya Sen was a great guy who saw through all this BS and saw where Bangladesh was going vs. India. You guys decided not to pay heed. Too bad.

Where is the four-zone super highway that was supposed to criss-cross India? Where are the ports?

Instead the money went to showcase projects like Nuclear submarines, Mars missions, Aircraft Carriers and nuclear missiles. And on a smaller scale a few airports and Metros to placate the gandoo majority who don't know any better. Are these going to feed people or give them a better standard of life? The only thing these 'showcase' projects do is line the pockets of politicians and defense officials. No accountability, no limits on the amount of 'chori'.

You call me an internet warrior. But I'm just a conscious citizen. In Bangladesh people don't put up with the level of BullSH*T they put up with in India - that's all.

With this level of mismanagement - nobody in Bangladesh trusts Indian 'technology'.

Last edited:
Frustrated and jealous of India. Oh puh-leaase! Gimme a frickin' break!! Nobody is belittling anything - these are everyday facts.

I'm thankfully a rather informed moderate Bangladeshi when it comes to balanced impressions about India. Go ask an avg. Bangladeshi on any street in any city in Bangladesh about 'Indian technology' and see what their disdainful impression is. It won't be positive to say the least. They're very familiar with your products and infrastructure. Most of them have been to India anyways and know your failings like the back of their hand. The point is mere Bhartiya chest-thumping on one-off projects won't change Bangladeshi minds when the actual record on average is this bad.

Pooooof! Say whatever you think will help you sleep better; the fact is that you're a frustrated bongolodeshee with a chip on his shoulder, and your desperation is clear in every post you've posted, and the posts you've 'liked'. Go prove your 'informed moderate b'deshi' credentials to someone who actually cares (i.e where the sun don't shine), and cry me a frikkin river while your at it.

As for the rest of your rant, you have no idea what your talking about if you even so much as venture into the area wherein you childishly talk about urban infrastructural development (MRT in this case) versus poverty alleviation. That was a total brain fart, as was expected.

Last edited:
Pooooof! Say whatever you think will help you sleep better; the fact is that you're a frustrated bongolodeshee with a chip on his shoulder, and your desperation is clear in every post you've posted, and the posts you've 'liked'. Go prove your 'informed moderate b'deshi' credentials to someone who actually cares (i.e where the sun don't shine), and cry me a frikkin river while your at it.

As for the rest of your rant, you have no idea what your talking about if you even so much as venture into the area wherein you childishly talk about urban infrastructural development (MRT in this case) versus poverty alleviation. That was a total brain fart, as was expected.

Yeah whatever.

I can see your effort in countering my points in a logical reasoned manner - _NOT_!

Let's see you demonstrate why we should choose DMRC vs. Chinese... you don't have any arguments - therefore you keep mouthing on - Yawn! :blah:

Yeah whatever.

I can see your effort in countering my points in a logical reasoned manner - _NOT_!

Let's see you demonstrate why we should choose DMRC vs. Chinese... you don't have any arguments - therefore you keep mouthing on - Yawn! :blah:

Slow coaches like yourself need to fathom the basics of why a developing country with burgeoning cities needs to, and should, focus on urban public transportation infrastructure as a separate entity, before I take the effort to read the rest of your post. It's pointless arguing with the brain dead.

Last edited:
Thats how little you know about Bangladesh which makes you to come here to brag. You guys just make us laugh. :omghaha:
Bro, your previous reply shows how you much know about India. You dhotis guys, and I using the dhoti word for idiotic BDis, make me laugh too. :omghaha::omghaha:

Slow coaches like yourself need to fathom the basics of why a developing country with burgeoning cities needs to, and should focus on urban public transportation infrastructure as a separate entity, before I take the effort to read the rest of your post. It's pointless arguing with the brain dead.

Is that all you got - insults??

Calling me brain dead won't suffice for the fact that you're totally inept when it comes to discussing rail technology which is the focus of this thread.

If you can't discuss specifics - then you're right you should stay off the thread. I can't help your ineptitude.

Your insults are getting pretty boring as well...

I suggest you cool down and observe a few facts which are as clear as day to those of us in Bangladesh. Why do you think Hasina hasn't tried giving contract work to Indian firms rather than China on _any_ project in Bangladesh. Because,

a. She'll be labeled as an Indian 'dalal' (the worst moniker one can give anyone in Bangladesh which even AWAMI League-rs are scared of - it is political suicide), and,
b. She knows very well that Indian firms (even DMRC) won't be financially competitive with Chinese firms.

Unlike India - the Chinese have been making rolling stock (from design level), infrastructure, signalling systems for decades on end and their costs are therefore way lower than Indian costs. This is fact - not mere banter. Their Indigenization level (designing and sourcing parts locally and independently without dependence on foreign sources) goes far deeper and way better than India on this sort of technology. India just got into the game a few years ago on the Urban Rapid transit business. Why is this so hard to understand? Making third rate locos at CLW and DLW doesn't count because these stagnant union-infested PSU's don't produce anything of value when it comes to a modern MRTS or urban rapid transit system.

Moving people around efficiently within a city does not even remotely compare as achievement when it comes to eradicating poverty and giving people actual jobs. If people are,
  1. starving and malnourished,
  2. can't go relieve themselves because of a lack of proper facilities,
  3. feeding themselves stagnant water,
  4. not educated enough and therefore are used to killing their female phoetuses because of societal norms,
  5. used to raping women trying to relieve themselves after dark so women are only tinkling twice a day (!),
then hiding behind 'showcase' projects like these are mere 'polish' on rusted metal underneath. The priorities are so misplaced its not even funny.

You know - Amartya Sen was a great guy who saw through all this BS and saw where Bangladesh was going vs. India. You guys decided not to pay heed. Too bad.

Where is the four-zone super highway that was supposed to criss-cross India? Where are the ports?

Instead the money went to showcase projects like Nuclear submarines, Mars missions, Aircraft Carriers and nuclear missiles. And on a smaller scale a few airports and Metros to placate the gandoo majority who don't know any better. Are these going to feed people or give them a better standard of life? The only thing these 'showcase' projects do is line the pockets of politicians and defense officials. No accountability, no limits on the amount of 'chori'.

You call me an internet warrior. But I'm just a conscious citizen. In Bangladesh people don't put up with the level of BullSH*T they put up with in India - that's all.

With this level of mismanagement - nobody in Bangladesh trusts Indian 'technology'.

If you dont trust, then what the point of discussion, go home you need sleep. And its your nation, why you taking advice from Indian guys? And even responding it.

@Bilal9: I think you too much talked about Indian tech. or Chinese or Japs. What the people in Dhaka says about the BD tech.? They give any shit about your own indigenous tech.?

If you dont trust, then what the point of discussion, go home you need sleep. And its your nation, why you taking advice from Indian guys? And even responding it.

@Bilal9: I think you too much talked about Indian tech. or Chinese or Japs. What the people in Dhaka says about the BD tech.? They give any shit about your own indigenous tech.?

Huh? Please translate this into English I can understand...

Huh? Please translate this into English I can understand...

Thats the problem, you even dont know anything about your tech. achievement, and start to point out on other.

Is that all you got - insults??

Calling me brain dead won't suffice for the fact that you're totally inept when it comes to discussing rail technology which is the focus of this thread.

If you can't discuss specifics - then you're right you should stay off the thread. I can't help your ineptitude.

Your insults are getting pretty boring as well...

Lol dishing out 'meaningful' insults on the internet isn't my cuppa chai, although I'm sure if I tried 1% harder, you'd appreciate the outcome. Besides, I was debating your irrational, and typically belittling statement wrt the need for infrastructural development for the urban masses of developing countries like India, while you on the other hand, failed to comprehend that very basic point, instead bringing up issues of poverty. Talk about being inept at grasping the most elementary of points.

This thread is not about discussing railway technology of the DMRC vs the Chinese as you make it out to be, but about the former providing technical expertise for your capital's first proper public transportation system. Bring in whomever you want, the DMRC or the Chinese; but when it comes to mass rapid system construction in the subcontinent given similar issues faced across the board etc, you cannot discount the capabilities and many achievements of the DMRC - is all we're saying. Don't try and go off on a tangent once again, 'cause it's getting old.

Last edited:
Lol dishing out 'meaningful' insults on the internet aren't my cuppa chai, although I'm sure if I tried 1% harder, you'd appreciate the outcome. Besides, I was debating your irrational, and typically belittling statement wrt the need for infrastructural development for the urban masses of developing countries like India, while you on the other hand, failed to comprehend that very basic point, instead bringing up issues of poverty. Talk about being inept at grasping the most elementary of points.

This thread is not about discussing railway technology of the DMRC vs the Chinese as you make it out to be, but about the former providing technical expertise for your capital's first proper public transportation system. Bring in whomever you want, the DMRC or the Chinese; but when it comes to mass rapid system construction in the subcontinent given similar issues faced across the board etc, you cannot discount the many achievements of the DMRC - is all we're saying. Don't try and go off on a tangent once again, 'cause it's getting old.

Leave it bro, why we put our nose in BDs issues, RAW will take care of them (trolling). :P

Leave it bro, why we put our nose in BDs issues, RAW will take care of them (trolling). :P

That country and can go sink in the Bay of Bengal for all I care, but when these little nobodys start their crazy smack talk, acting all smug when they have absolutely ZERO reason to, and refuse to let go of that chip on their shoulders cause of whatever insecurity they live with everyday, they need to be shown who their eternal daddy is. :)

That country and can go sink in the Bay of Bengal for all I care, but when these little nobodys start their crazy smack talk, acting all smug when they have absolutely ZERO reason to, they need to be shown who their eternal daddy is. :)

They have obsession bro, they dont think about there own problem, rather than there more focus is on INDIAN problems. I think thats good for us, sometimes we are bit biased in finding out our own problems, these BDs people are useful in giving us a reality check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom