What's new

DMK withdraws support to UPA over Lankan Issue; Ministers Quits.

@rajarajachola

i'm currently outside tn...i've been hearing that protests are second largest after hindi ethirpu agitations.....is it true,..or is it media exaggeration.....?

Last edited by a moderator:
"DMK's pull-out of the UPA is a drama." J Jayalalithaa

"The Government is stable and will continue in power." P Chidambaram

BFup6S2CUAAsHU0.jpg:large

DMK should have done this long time ago. Why now..? Oh wait.. elections are coming up... & Both DMK & AIADMK are fighting for the same constituency! DMK doesn't want Amma to take advantage of this SL Tamil situation!

Both Parties have no right over this protest. Its the students who themselves started it, and we will end it.
Amma is trying to take credit for her, by declaring indefinite leave for all colleges across TN to quell the strikes and protest !!

@rajarajachola

i'm currently outside tn...i've been hearing that protests are second largest after hindi ethirpu agitations.....is it true,..or is it media exaggeration.....?

Its true... Usually only Law and Arts colleges do protest... But this time Engineering colleges students too entered into the fray that turned the equation....
My coll planned protest today, but amma declared leave...
Yesterday MNM jain Engineering coll(hope u know that) students blocked OMR road for an hour or two.. Today IIT M students joined the protest...
Protest in Engineering colleges in south are more drastic.. Unseen in history...
Tomo friends are planning to go protest outside Raj Bhavan... But i am in an intern :( free oly in weekends.. Will go this sat or sunday...

Last edited by a moderator:
Both Parties have no right over this protest. Its the students who themselves started it, and we will end it.
Amma is trying to take credit for her, by declaring indefinite leave for all colleges across TN to quell the strikes and protest !!

+ 1000.......

the protests in TN are not political nor is support for any group.....its entirely student conducted aimed at pressuring india to make a definitive stand in securing the lankan tamils their rights.....

Just goes to show... it's nothing to do with tamilian's cause in SL. Had it been, DMK would have pulled out of the govt when SL army was pounding & massacring tamilians during their campaign to quell ltte movement in '09. It's nothing but the commencement of 2014 election campaign.

+ 1000.......

the protests in TN are not political nor is support for any group.....its entirely student conducted aimed at pressuring india to make a definitive stand in securing the lankan tamils their rights.....

Not sure if it will reach its objective. But the goal of defeat of DMK and Congress in TN is confirmed...

As long as Congress bureau of Investigation is up and kicking, there is no threat to UPA. You might even see some of MPs of JD(U) getting sick if there is a counting....

Congress is master of manipulation and they deserve the credit for this. BJP on the other hand plainly lacks such kind of strategists.

As long as Congress bureau of Investigation is up and kicking, there is no threat to UPA. You might even see some of MPs of JD(U) getting sick if there is a counting....

Congress is master of manipulation and they deserve the credit for this. BJP on the other hand plainly lacks such kind of strategists.

Perhaps change should be enforced now................

Its about getting justice for the Genocide. 13th Amendment promised is not done yet. Democratic protest is the way to go.
I have never seen such a situation in TN. Being a student myself, I can say, that we are all charged up !! UPA govt presented a revised draft in which USA stringent conditions were removed.
If we have such diplomatic power, we could have even made it stringer. But what does the centre does? Betray tamils

The last time was prior to operation Poomalai when Jaffna was under siege. Even my school run by nuns participated in demonstrations. Likewise all schools and colleges across TN. Passions were running high and when Rajiv conducted operation Poomalai there were fireworks like Diwali. Then it all went down the hill culminating in Rajiv death when SL tamil issue almost lost support out of guilt or fear of supporting a terrorist organization as SL tamil support became synonymous with support for LTTE. Looks like with the baggage gone passions for SL tamil issue has become awakened once again. Now he center can't ignore this anymore as it is more apolitical and spontaneous. Hopefully this guy Karuna and Amma do not spoil things.

This is a bigger issue involving the influence of China and Pakistan. Hece, the UPA is in a terrible position. If the govt acts too harsh with Sri Lanka it will only force the Lankans to go the other camp. At the same time, there is no guaranteee after a lenient draft is passed would deter Sri Lanka from still continuing close defence relations with China and Pakistan.

BFup6S2CUAAsHU0.jpg:large

No worries bro....the UP walas will save them. It seem UPA stands for UP-Alliance.

@ Rajaraja Chola
I was pondering over this point of DMK's position in Tamilnadu especially after number of its ministers have been in Jail. Can you please give us some insight on how electorate is viewing DMK after 2G and other corruption cases. There isn't much of information coming from Southern states and we would love to know how the electoral scene is developing in TN.
You may also post info on @ arp2041 thread http://www.defence.pk/forums/central-south-asia/234744-indian-general-elections-2014-a.html

131110satish.jpg

berth-right.jpg

and who are these students?members of various organosations who are directly affiliated with one party or other.All these student leaders are affiliated with political parties and innocent students lose precious studies.wakeup

Indians have failed the South Indian Dravidian Tamil Hindus (Shaivism) by abandoning the Sri Lankan Tamils, which is why Karunanidhi left the UPA. BTW, this is not an Anna DMK/Jayalalitha or DMK/Karunanidhi issue, it is a Tamil issue.

I am sure you remember when she left Vajpayee and he had to run to her in the middle of the night with his tail between his legs? What was it about? It was the Tamil issue, which goes beyond the Iyers you think you have planted there, or the Christians or Muslims. Tamils are Tamil first, religion, second, Indian third.

Furthermore, the North Indian Hindus (Vaishnavism) are imposing their beliefs in the mythical Ramayana on them by not letting them do any developments in the Sethusamudram and connecting with their people in the South.

They don't even believe Rama exists or in that mythology because that would mean they are the Hanuman (or the monkeys) in the plot. Now, although, according to the story, they did help save Sita, they are still Venera according to it, which makes it all the more disturbing - thus, they don't celebrate Divali and want an actual man-made bridge there - not what god(s) made in the form of Adam's bridge.

BTW, this is the same Rama, whose birth and existence is questioned by Karunanidhi and was debated by Owaisi when he asked where he was truly born whilst speaking on the Babri Masjid issue.

It is ironic that if you find out the details of the issue, you would realize that the Babri Masjid was demolished because, in the mid 1900s, a boy had a dream about Ram being born there and then, Advani rode the wave of Saffron terror into UP, and eventually got Vajpayee into power because of it.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom