What's new

Disgusting, Suicide leading cause of death for India youths: study

Stop feeding the troll!!

TruthSeer,

Open the thread and ask question to Numero Uno and your friend as well why this obsession with India? 200000 committing suicide in your main ally which is much advanced than India. Ever thought what could be the reason?

The Tipping Point Summary at WikiSummaries, free book summaries

Read the book, it's highly enlightening on this issue

I know what you mean. We have the same pressures, especially with the quota system, only the most gifted 300 can get into their field of choice in the best Uni. That's in a city as big as Karachi
On top of this now days media is also there to be blamed. They highligh the suside news and glorify it like any thing, and it ends up is motivating other loosers to do the same. Many young and naive braing discuss it like some fashion statement.

Stop feeding the troll!!

TruthSeer,

Open the thread and ask question to Numero Uno and your friend as well why this obsession with India? 200000 committing suicide in your main ally which is much advanced than India. Ever thought what could be the reason?
Will create a thread for China too, okay?

On top of this now days media is also there to be blamed. They highligh the suside news and glorify it like any thing, and it ends up is motivating other loosers to do the same. Many young and naive braing discuss it like some fashion statement.
Was expecting that, the more suicides are pointed out, the more people feel authorised to do the same, herd mentality, present in every human being

Will create a thread for China too, okay?

Let's discuss it here. It's a serious issue. ok, future MNA?

You will learn better from your Chinese friends on the issue they are facing.

So sad that the people are driven to this.

Most of the fact are discussing in this article are under reality condition so may be these are right..

It is the form of leading stress and no hope. :smokin:

these are the total of all those which are recorded beside unregistered...

To all crying, "TROLL THREAD!" I haven't even once said that Pakistan is better than India

we can attribute a lot of factors for sucide in the INDIAN community.
First and fore most that i feel as some of the factors are.
1) lesser independance to the young generation to make their one choices (from education to the dress we wear)
2) restriction from parents with traditional values so that the next gen laks the experiance to handle stress in his/her life.
3) not having a take it easy policy,
4) being too much emotional.
5) giving up easily.

The above five factors need to be changed. and when its changed you'll find the ratio of people ending their life

^
I think one of the reasons has to be that parents are too overprotective and the kid can't handle the real world

Seriously this is tragic and I believe much of it comes from culture ie suicide is seen as the only option in certain circumstances in a cultural context. Japanese culture is similar in this way and there is similarly a major issue with suicides in Japan.

Personally I have been touched by suicide in the sense a boy in the year above me at school commited suicde a few years ago and I have always regretted not knowing him (tbh I don't even know what he looked like) and, to cut a long story short, I was feeling pretty down (not suicidal obviously) and lonely myself and I wish I could have reached out to him, thinking about it is really cutting me up right now.

I hope some help, in whatever form, is given to at least some of these people to show they have other options and however bad it may be suicide is not the answer.

Interesting how you put your biased view on it by adding "disgusting" to the title. Because suicide really is unique to India. Only a truly evil person can true and make such cheap point scoring attempts when discussing human suffering. This is truly disgusting.

^
I think one of the reasons has to be that parents are too overprotective and the kid can't handle the real world

Thats bad in the long run.

Anyways in Kerala apart from students, love struck couples etc there are also families who commit suicide en masse bcs of financial problems. The parents will kill their children first and then commit suicide, the reason is that the parents cannot see their children out on the street or orphanages after they are dead.

Can that one guy just STOP screaming 'troll!' on every thread? Gets bloody annoying! The OP's question seems genuine.

I doubt its an 'Indian' or a 'Chinese' problem though, but rather an Asian problem. Check out suicide rates among students in Asia and we definitely have way higher rates than the West in general. Be it Japan, India, Singapore, China as opposed to the USA, Australia etc. I knew this was a huge problem in Japan a decade ago, didn't know India and China took over. Anyhow, I believe the root cause stems from the fact that our Asian cultures enforce this concept of 'expectations' on our kids. They are expected to behave in a certain way, score certain results, read certain courses at college (even if they have no interest in it, they do it because daddy said so) and ultimately, adopt a career deemed acceptable to his family and circle. Anything short of this is met with disapproval and the person is deemed a failure. Asian parents tend to script every little detail in the lives of their little ones alot more than Western parents do.

Also not forgetting, most of the education systems we have in Asia tend to focus alot more on rote-learning designed at turning out robots than actual thinkers. Everything is about scoring the results at the big exams and failure to do so would usually mean the person's dreams (and that of his parents/family) would be shattered. Those who choose the coward's way out, tend to be those who have difficulty dealing with setbacks such as this. They'd rather not go back and tell those waiting at home "Hey, u know what? I didn't make it."

^
my points logical conclusion is exactly what you have written.

Some INDIAN parents tend to be over proctective that they make their child insecure with out them.

For instance a thread was opened the other day that a IT engineer from Coimbatore TN commited sucide and left his property worth 20 cr rs to the CM's relife fund.
In that case the guy started living in a lonly world when he lost both his parents. Had he been brought up with courage he would have brought in friends to fill the gap or got married to a fine women.

Fortunatly i was brought up by a Dad who has been a great friend rather than a DAD. also i lived half my life in hostel, teaming up with friends and enjoying every day life, learning adaptability and patience.

Some parents insist that their kids should only have good friends, but i differe, having both good guys/ bad guys as friends gives every kid the opertunity to live with both kinds

Thats bad in the long run.

Anyways in Kerala apart from students, love struck couples etc there are also families who commit suicide en masse bcs of financial problems. The parents will kill their children first and then commit suicide, the reason is that the parents cannot see their children out on the street or orphanages after they are dead.

the problem with most middle and lower middle class family is that they are into the same rat maze that they opt for loan every time they run out of cash. they don't keep track of their expence and cut out the extra expence they are into. besides a lot of lazzness or lack of interest to live for the next geneartion and work hard to get some extra wage is not being taken as an option and the easy way out of debt is to kill the entire family

Back
Top Bottom