Discover the cultural and culinary customs of the blessed and beautiful Hijaz

مطبّق

يغمش

Other names in Arabic of Hijazi dishes:

سليق
معصوب
منتو
فرموزة

All that above was mostly only Madinah. Each region within Hijaz and nearly eact city within Hijaz has distinctive dishes. Hijazis like to eat food very much and enjoy it!

@Arabian Legend please contribute from the beautiful Al-Baha region of Hijaz and its excellent cuisine.

:D

@Hadbani and @JUBA if you are both from Hijaz as well then please contribute.

@Mosamania is unfortunately gone but he could have covered the beautiful town of Ta'if.

@Bubblegum Crisis time to tell where you originate from in KSA.

@Tihamah is gone too otherwise we could have used him too.

:enjoy:

Last edited:
Great stuff @al-Hasani Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed watching it :) :)

You are very welcome @airmarshal . I am sorry that it is not in English!

Hijazi cuisine uses many species compared to other traditional Middle Eastern cuisines. A feature that the cuisine shares with the nearby Yemeni cuisine.

Some other dishes:

Last edited:
Some other Hijazi dishes that I can think about right now aside from those that have been mentioned by me already in this thread.

السليق
المعصوب
العريكة
المطبق
الحنيذ
المدفون
الهريسة
الفول
الفرموزة
العيش باللحم
الكباب البلدي
شربة العدس
شربة الحب
المنتو
الفتة
اليغمش
العصيدة
المبشور
الدبيازة
الألماسية
الجبنية
اللبنية
اللدو
المعمول
لقيمات

Few other Hijazi dishes:

Last edited:
Just a quick question about arabian cuisine(maybe sounds dumb but seriously I always got curious about them)... Are dumplings like 'minto' (Idk if u have heard the name or not) or 'fol tameez' are considered as saudi cuisines? including 'mutabaq'...

Just a quick question about arabian cuisine(maybe sounds dumb but seriously I always got curious about them)... Are dumplings like 'minto' (Idk if u have heard the name or not) or 'fol tameez' are considered as saudi cuisines? including 'mutabaq'...

Not sure what "minto" is but the traditional Hijazi dishes containing dumplings are similar to the dumplings of other Arab countries and Middle Eastern countries but the ingredients are often different. More species are used. Yes, there is a Hijazi version of the shakshouka.

Yes, Murtabak originates in Hijaz and Yemen. It is one of my favorite dishes.

Here is a Yemeni version of the Murtabak but the Hijazi is more or less identical:

Last edited:
المطبق (Martabak)

الحنيذ

المدفون

Watch until the end in both of the last videos!

العيش باللحم

الكباب البلدي

Amazing video of some of the many Hijazi dishes:

Dear @Aeronaut could you change the title of this thread to "Discover the culture, traditions and cuisine of the blessed and beautiful Hijaz"?

Thank you.

To be continued tomorrow, Insha'Allah.

@Arabian Legend please contribute from the beautiful Al-Baha region of Hijaz and its excellent cuisine.

Sorry I was away for the past couple days.
image006.jpg

image005.jpg

image011.gif

image014.jpg

image017.jpg

image018.jpg

image023.jpg

image024.jpg

image027.jpg

1267263322100.jpg

Back
Top Bottom