What's new

Diplomat: Pakistan holding up some US visas

And related to the underlined portion of your post, this is your last warning for derogatory comments against Pakistanis.

Just because you are unable to understand a complex issue does not give you license to denigrate an entire country.

Sir, with due respect to your authority, may I draw your attention that the poster Thomas has not 'denigrated an entire country', instead he has only said that many Pakistanis support their ideology. The distinction between what Thomas has said and what you conclude it is vast.

I have noticed that frequently many Pakistani posters also make similar generic sweeping statements about other nations like India and US. So, it does seem unfair to target only one poster.

Please excuse me if I have overstepped any red lines. And also, please do not take it as questioning your authority...

Thank You.

The Taliban were not reigned in because the Afghanistan they took over was a huge mess.

There was a reason they were welcomed in by most Afghans - they provided stability and a reprieve from the crime, violence and lawlessness that had characterized Afghanistan post Soviet Withdrawal.

And related to the underlined portion of your post, this is your last warning for derogatory comments against Pakistanis.

Just because you are unable to understand a complex issue does not give you license to denigrate an entire country.

I was surprised to see your warning this morning. As well as mention that this was my last warning. I was unaware that I had even been warned previously. as croptikal pointed out in his post. It was not my intention to convey all Pakistani's as responsible at all.

Some Pakistani's do not support the Taliban ideology. Which is why I said "many". And I know the reasons why Pakistan covertly supported the Taliban. You list some of the virtues of why Pakistan supported the Taliban. but fail to mention many of the horrors the Taliban caused as well. I also disagree that most supported the Taliban. I would contend that most lived in fear of the Taliban. And the Taliban ideology was around long before you stated.

The Deobandi madrasas in Pakistan set up by Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam who opted for Jihad as career. Were recruited by ISI to fight against Soviet army in Afghanistan. The Madrasas played a major role in educating the youth.

Maulana Abdul Haq, teaching Hadith at Darul Uloom Deoband in India founded this madrasa in 1947 on the pattern of Deobandi ideology. His son Maulana Samiul Haq, the former Senator (Member of Upper House in Pakistan) and head of his own faction of Jamiatul Islami is presently the VC of this madrasa.

His son Hamidul Haq has also been teaching religion in this madrasa since 1993. Known as university of Jihadis this madrasa is said to be producing about 300 Islamist warriors every year who dedicate their lives to Jihad.

It accommodated a large number of refugee students from Afghanistan during Soviet invasion in 1979 and also issued a fatwa declaring Jihad against the invasion. Responding to the call, the extreme Islamist establishments from other Muslim countries like Bangladesh, Libya, Sudan, Egypt, and Gulf nations also sent youths to join the Jihad against Soviet army.

about 90% of Taliban leadership including Mullah Omar were the students of Darul Uloom Haqqania.

So you see that is why I said that Pakistan should have reigned in the Madrasas long ago. And with all the students that the madrasas have turned out. and the families that have been raised by the graduates to believe in the same thing. How can there not be many that believe the ideology? And when I say create the Taliban. Though Pakistan did support the Taliban rise to power. it is used more in the sense that Pakistan did not reign in the Madrasas extremism. Since that is the root cause.

As far as opportunities to get Bin Laden before 9/11 you are right. And "many" Americans blame Clinton for not taking Sudan's offer to hand him over. That being said I have explained my position. And am done with this thread. It isn't my intention to create conflict.

Last edited:
^^ Let's not get into the Taliban blame game. The CIA and the previous Regan government is the brainchild of the Taliban that came into existence after the Mujahideen fractured during the Cold War. As a consequence this whole mess came into existence. The US will have to live with that reality. Pakistan cannot again afford to put its eggs in one basket and rely on the US any more. Pakistan did that during the Cold War and was deceived and left high and dry.

"The CIA and the previous Regan government is the brainchild of the Taliban that came into existence after the Mujahideen fractured during the Cold War..."

This is urban myth and is wrong. The taliban were an entirely spontaneous grouping that arose in Oruzgan province, spread to Kandahar, and then were adopted by the ISI who chose them over Hekmatyar as their preferred vehicle of afghan control before the capture of Kabul.

There were some mujahideen veterans but hardly solely so. Most were retired from war and home on the farm, so to speak, and became sick of the way conditions had degenerated during the civil war and took matters into their own hands.

The students were actually an armed vigilante.

Thanks.:usflag:

^^^its obvious (as per the norm) we have moved away from the 'visa' topic.
the issue at hand where the US officials have 'complained' of 'harrassment' on part of the local police and security services.

american diplomats have been seen driving in SUV's with tinted glass and NO CD (Corps Diplomatic) plates. these are vehicles with local reg. numbers and they 'refuse' to stop at security pickets. they refuse to identify themselves and are seen (on video) frantically calling their embassy (my assumption) to get past without any security check.

now why would they be behaving in this manner?. if they had CD plates, they would automatically get the 'respect' of the police as they would know they are diplomats and secondly 'proving your identity' shouldnt be such a problem.

now lets replicate the above in the US and say near the CIA HQ at langley. what would happen!!! - we all know what will happen!

adhering to the laws of a country (anywhere) by anyone is a must.

100 visas? Americans holding up thousands of visas of Pakistanis!

ISI clearance must for foreigners entering Pakistan

LAHORE: The government has declared that security clearance by the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) is a prerequisite for all foreigners entering Pakistan, a private TV channel reported on Friday. According to sources, the decision was made due to the prevailing law and order situation in the country. The decision is also applicable to all those people who have acquired other citizenships after relinquishing their Pakistani nationality. Previously, the Intelligence Bureau (IB) was responsible for the verification.

daily times monitor

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom