What's new

Diplomat Devyani Khobragade leaves US for home

But on what basis ? Earlier they were saying she is just a consul and not a diplomat.

I guess there is no logic. India pressurized and US yielded, and yielded in a manner where both can claim some victory.

If indictment would have happened, the case could have gone from the hands of executive to judiciary.

They probably approved her new appointment at the UN which gives her diplomatic immunity but it doesn't give her a retroactive immunity, so the charges remain.

But as long as she has the diplomatic immunity, there nothing US can do. But the question is... will US let her back in? Her husband is a US citizen.. so I presume her kids as too! Going to be quite complicated for her though,..

But as long as she has the diplomatic immunity, there nothing US can do. But the question is... will US let her back in? Her husband is a US citizen.. so I presume her kids as too! Going to be quite complicated for her though,..

If she has been asked to leave the US, that means she has been declared persona non grata. Then she won't be allowed back in the US again.

She should be in jail for Adarsh scam and the maid issue. No pity for her.

She is not exactly a heroine.

Yeah I agree. But US disrespected her.

Even if she is a corrupt diplomat, still she is a girl. US had no right to strip search her, even if she were to kill 10 people.

Going further I do not care if she is put in jail if she is found guilty in Adarsh scam (if she indeep did wrong there).

Low IQ journalism :lol:

How come one gets diplomatic immunity and then asked to leave USA? Aren't they contradictory.

Boy! Jade is suppose to be bright. Unfortunately you are the exception.

Diplomats with full diplomatic immunity got kicked out of the host country all the time. When both countries are in a diminishing relationship or that particular diplomat did something unappealing, he/she is ordered out.

In this case, the US basically told Ms. Diplomat. "OK we will give you the diplomatic immunity you need to leave my country without the passport we had confiscated from you, but you are not welcome to stay in our country. Get the **** out. You are an unsavory character".

When an uneducated moron opens his mouth, the only person who makes a fool of himself is the big mouth. .

Finally Indian on this forum can celebrated their own criminal be back home to continue her criminal activities in India.

Are you nuts ?

you can put in jail but you cannot play with respect of a girl. I don't care how big a criminal a girl may be. being a criminal does not give anyone a right to rape a girl.

All my anger towards US is for how they treated her. I won't tolerate such disrespect of a girl's dignity. Whether she is a criminal or not for adarsh scam in India is secondary. but first it is important to protect the dignity of the girl. She can be tried in India for her scams. That's fine. But she had to be brought out of US.

Boy! Jade is suppose to be bright. Unfortunately you are the exception.

Diplomats with full diplomatic immunity got kicked out of the host country all the time. When both countries are in a diminishing relationship or that particular diplomat did something unappealing, he/she is ordered out.

In this case, the US basically told Ms. Diplomat. "OK we will give you the diplomatic immunity you need to leave my country without the passport we had confiscated from you, but you are not welcome to stay in our country. Get the **** out. You are an unsavory character".

When an uneducated moron opens his mouth, the only person who makes a fool of himself is the big mouth. .

@armchairPrivate

Your posts are better to read when you post no logic one liners. :lol:

Anyway, persona non grata is 'you are not welcome', and is accordance to Vienna Convention

'Asking to leave' a diplomat is not accordance to Vienna Convention.

Back
Top Bottom