What's new

Diplomat arrest: US has no plans to drop charges against Khobragade Washington

This is good.. We needed such incidents to realize "Russia is our only friend".. We have to improve our relations :yes4:with China .. I hope, Modi would give more importance to China India relations..

Both a maid and her family under witness protection program.

The US should prosecute this criminal to the furthest extent possible under their legal system. :usflag:

This is good.. We needed such incidents to realize "Russia is our only friend".. We have to improve our relations :yes4:with China .. I hope, Modi would give more importance to China India relations..

You think Russia or China don't look after their own interest on the expend of the India and vice versa?

he is not following the law
the maid was working under the indian consulate bassed on the affidavit she herself had signed.
american law has nothing to do here

this makes it totally suspicious!!

when a case was pending against her in delhi high court,how can her family emigrate??

India deputy consulate was charge under the violation of US labor law, wrongfully entrapment, federal offense visa fraud. She didn't charge for violating India law. US justice department didn't represent India and prosecute Indian national or implement India law in the US. Everything you mention are irrelevant pertain to this criminal case.

India deputy consulate was charge under the violation of US labor law, wrongfully entrapment, federal offense visa fraud. She didn't charge for violating India law. US justice department didn't represent India and prosecute Indian national or implement India law in the US. Everything you mention are irrelevant pertain to this criminal case.

haha this argument is laughable
it won't stand even one day,if it does then be prepared to face similar tailored made charges.

this is election time in india and we are not gonna hold back this time

haha this argument is laughable
it won't stand even one day,if it does then be prepared to face similar tailored made charges.

this is election time in india and we are not gonna hold back this time

I'm glad after this incident, Indian government not ignorant to India highest law for a change. Charge whoever violate India law as they deserved.

I'm glad after this incident, Indian government not ignorant to India highest law for a change. Charge whoever violate India law as they deserved.

nothing of the sort will happen
she will be eventually released,u will see

nothing of the sort will happen
she will be eventually released,u will see

I'm not holding the highest office in the US, no way I will know what will happen in this case going forward but the US justice department refuse to drop the case for me meant a defendant need to appear in US court and face the charge to clear her name.

The deposition is damning. What Khobragade did was entirely premeditated. Richard was always on the A-3 visa, never an A-2 as someone asserted earlier. While I can guess that Khobragade herself was doing it at the suggestion, or even explicit direction, of her superiors, I saw no proof of this.

Perhaps Khobragade herself will implicate her superiors at her trial or sentencing?

Don't think that smuggling Khobragade out will help anyone but her. She's not the only Indian official who acts this way. President Obama is not President Bush. As Pakistanis can testify, Obama doesn't cut slack for foreigners just because they're brown and America needs good relations for strategic purposes.

I wonder what the Secretary-General will think once the State Dept. shows him the deposition along with the contracts Khobragade signed and had notarized? Will he agree that someone like Khobragade belongs on staff? What will India do if he says no?

Members of the Indian diplomatic community might want to remember the first rule when you find yourself in a hole: stop digging. Other Indians who might still be acting as cheerleaders might want to think about stopping now and realizing how they're being used before other Indians catch on and embarrass them for doing so.

India took particular exception to a blistering statement issued Wednesday night by the Indian-born federal prosecutor in Manhattan, who vowed to “uphold the rule of law, protect victims and hold accountable” even the “powerful, rich or connected.”

The statement by U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara appeared to have taken much of the Obama administration, including his own Justice Department bosses, by surprise.

“We didn’t know it was coming,” said a senior administration official, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal matters.

It appeared that no one in the administration wanted to seem cavalier about the mistreatment of foreign workers or to override the judicial branch. But there was a widespread feeling among officials that, as Secretary of State John F. Kerry said in a conversation Wednesday with India’s national security adviser, “certain courtesies were not extended” in the case.

“The fact here is that we are respectful of the law enforcement process,” the senior official said. “We also have to be respectful of the fact that how these things are handled can have enormous repercussions, especially in a country with sensitivities like India.”

Relevant officials in the administration have known for months that an investigation was underway, but “nobody knew this was going to happen,” another U.S. official said. Referring to Khobragade’s arrest, made after she dropped her children off at school, and her booking, strip-search and incarceration in New York, the official said, “That’s not the way these things are done.”

“If they wanted to throw the book at her,” the second official said, the United States could have protested to the Indian Embassy in Washington and “made her leave the country. That’s the way these things are done,” particularly in cases in which no physical abuse is alleged

Last edited:
The deposition is damning. What Khobragade did was entirely premeditated. Richard was always on the A-3 visa, never an A-2 as someone asserted earlier. While I can guess that Khobragade herself was doing it at the suggestion, or even explicit direction, of her superiors, I saw no proof of this.

Perhaps Khobragade herself will implicate her superiors at her trial or sentencing?

Don't think that smuggling Khobragade out will help anyone but her. She's not the only Indian official who acts this way. President Obama is not President Bush. As Pakistanis can testify, Obama doesn't cut slack for foreigners just because they're brown and America needs good relations for strategic purposes.

I wonder what the Secretary-General will think once the State Dept. shows him the deposition along with the contracts Khobragade signed and had notarized? Will he agree that someone like Khobragade belongs on staff? What will India do if he says no?

Members of the Indian diplomatic community might want to remember the first rule when you find yourself in a hole: stop digging. Other Indians who might still be acting as cheerleaders might want to think about stopping now and realizing how they're being used before other Indians catch on and embarrass them for doing so.

ur arguments don't matter at all

but i agree obama is not bush and this is not a good thing at all.

bush was very much pro india like clinton in the second term,obama has stalled all the progress being made over the years.

on the case itself read my post on the first page itself on the money that was paid to her vis a vis indian standards and u have ur slave argument in shambles.

pls comment on that sensibly

The Accused Diplomat Devyani Khobragade is Indian. The Victim Nanny Sangeeta Richard is Indian. The Prosecuting US Attorney Pretinder Singh Bharara is Indian-American. These are the Key protagonist of the play.

Larki one - Ameircan
Larki two - American
Larki Three American

This is an Indian Drama being played on Global Stage.

Back
Top Bottom