What's new

Diplomat arrest: US has no plans to drop charges against Khobragade Washington

in my opinion, the US did the worst thing, the maid incident at most is a personal dispute, it's serious but more on a personal side of things. Did the Americans not know their diplomat was gay and didn't know Indian law?

This is America I know, they look down on everybody, the Indian diplomat was wrong, but was it that wrong, and was there a danger of flight? They couldn't have just took the maid into custody and then summon the diplomat for some questions later?

A more serious question would be, if this had been a American businessman, would they have done the same?

They had to make a scene.

Even if it was murder, certain things are different, diplomats are not a person, they represent a country. Even if the country was New Zealand you can't just humiliate them like that.

But then again, they know nobody could do anything to them economically, or militarily. America impose sanctions, it doesn't receive it.

Reminds me of this case back in 1994 in Singapore.

Michael Peter Fay (born May 30, 1975) is an American who briefly gained international attention in 1994 when he was sentenced to caning in Singapore for theft and vandalism at age 18. Although caning is a routine court sentence in Singapore, its unfamiliarity to Americans created a backlash, and Fay's case was believed to be the first caning involving an American citizen.[1] The number of cane strokes in Fay's sentence was ultimately reduced from six to four after U.S. officials requested leniency.

i agree obama is not bush and this is not a good thing at all...bush was very much pro india like clinton in the second term,obama has stalled all the progress being made over the years.
I suppose that President Obama, a "man of color" raised in the formative years of his life overseas and longtime member of a church that denounces whites and colonialism, claims the mantle of oppressed minority for himself and his team and sees no need to share it with anybody else - not Indians, not Israelis, not Iraqis, not Chinese - and consequently doesn't apologize for government actions he deems morally justifiable, especially if they are legal and protect the poor at the expense of the rich.

in a day's time she'll get full diplomatic immunity... and id from state department...and she'll be out of this mess..
otherwise u will see the repercussions....

in a day's time she'll get full diplomatic immunity... and id from state department...and she'll be out of this mess..
i shocked at the way US govt handled this issue... mr.kerry says onething...mr.preet says other...
nw today another official say new things..
this shows us is in dilemma...
and all those statement s made look like post facto rationalizations...

I suppose that President Obama, a "man of color" raised in the formative years of his life overseas and longtime member of a church that denounces whites and colonialism, claims the mantle of oppressed minority for himself and his team and sees no need to share it with anybody else - not Indians, not Israelis, not Iraqis, not Chinese - and consequently doesn't apologize for government actions he deems morally justifiable, especially if they are legal and protect the poor at the expense of the rich.

a man from usa speaking on morals is utterly laughable
u guys have killed ppl beyond count and word america and morals used together is the biggest oxymoron of all times

Other Indians who might still be acting as cheerleaders might want to think about stopping now and realizing how they're being used before other Indians catch on and embarrass them for doing so.
Listen !diot.. Indians are Indians there is no such term as "Other Indians". We are not chearleading our Diplomats. We are Just saying to them and our govt "You take actions against US, ordinary citizens are with you."

i shocked at the way US govt handled this issue... mr.kerry says onething...mr.preet says other...
nw today another official say new things..
this shows us is in dilemma...
and all those statement s made look like post facto rationalizations...

let them try to prosecute her and see the retaliation.

also modi will be in power in 2014 and they have handled his visa issue in the same manner

Listen !diot.. Indians are Indians there is no such term as "Other Indians". We are not chearleading our Diplomats. We are Just saying to them and our govt "You take actions against US, ordinary citizens are with you."
well said...we are not like u to live happily and not bothering even ur army lost thousands of soldiers in afghan and iraq...we will protest...

BS she is coming home in less than a month. Or we might see some americans facing indian law and not atall good prisons ;)

Kya baat hai ... Side badal liye ;) fir se amrika ke saath :rofl:

haha and its winter time here

we ourselves won't survive in indian jails,forget about amrikan diplomats

BS she is coming home in less than a month. Or we might see some americans facing indian law and not atall good prisons ;)

Kya baat hai ... Side badal liye ;) fir se amrika ke saath :rofl:
baba $ kis ko nhi chayee dunya main ? :angel: shayed is trah mujhy USA visa mil jaay :rolleyes:

20_12_13-metro12b.gif

Back
Top Bottom