What's new

Diffrences Between White House and Pentagon over India

Some pakistani members here saying "asians" again and again reminds me of countries like poland and slavic countries that try their best to merge with EU and britain and be a part of europe, and as result are completely ignored... No thanks, we are working hard to get our economy on the top and after all these efforts why the heck should we share it with some country that knows nothing other than... you know what..

My advice to my pakistani brothers: Try to be realistic and try to develop your economy, afganisthan and pakistan is infact a very good reason for US to be in asia and spy on Indian and Chinese developments...
As far as US-India relations go... we have good relations with almost every country on all the 7 continents so, we could care less about US, they maybe important as an economic market to do business but other than that they are no special.
Regards...

Pakistani comments are funny.

''Khasiyani billi khamba notchey''

charlie-post2.jpg

india is using usa's paranoia about china and further her interests...like the nuke deal, afghan politics, hi-tech weapons etc....

Exactly right. It's more than that; India and the US reinforce each other's enmity of China.

also how bout china see beyond their ego (its more than ego..its national security) and patch their differences with india....surely then india will be there with open arms...till then its better we use of america's paranoia about china...

Will never happen. No matter how much friendship China offers, India will always reject it because it would turn off the American/Russian technology spigot. India will always keep its China relationship ambiguous to avoid open animosity with China on the one hand, and to continue milking the West and Russia for technology on the other.

The US is also not stupid. They have figured out the Indian psychology and India's need for validation which can only be assuaged by beating China. Despite all the fancy talk, the Indian resentment of China comes through at a moment's prodding.

America will exploit that psychology and fight China to the last Indian.

US-India relationship is Definatly growing but India has refused to be side kick of USA whether it's Iran, Global warming issues or nuclear power stand. As a country we always keep our national interests ahead of USA's interest. Our leaders are doing a great job on this front. USA knows that India won't be like Pakistan so they can't afford India opposing them on core issues so considering India a threat is understandable.

Too many words too less content, ultimately the job of Pentagon is mostly military and White house is mostly Political. Pentagon would have to recognize the potential rivals and be prepared, the White House have to act on current environment.

I haven't read the article fully, but I don't think that's the point. India is the second strongest nation in Asia-Pacific. To be an unrivaled power in this region, the US needs to keep all rising powers in check, starting with China.

I would see Japan is second strongest nation there.

Can China alone tackle the US threat? How about pacifying India and developing a better relation with them by cutting down on military cooperation with Pakistan? China+India can definitely be the most militarily powerful bloc on earth in the future.
China in the past hasn't shown much of any interest to pacify India unless to use her as counterweight to west, which India has never shown interest or no reason to do so.

I haven't read the article fully, but I don't think that's the point. India is the second strongest nation in Asia-Pacific. To be an unrivaled power in this region, the US needs to keep all rising powers in check, starting with China.

Can China alone tackle the US threat? How about pacifying India and developing a better relation with them by cutting down on military cooperation with Pakistan? China+India can definitely be the most militarily powerful bloc on earth in the future.

Theoretically sound.

But India will never ally with China. That is a fact.

The US military will continue to be the most powerful force on Earth for a long time to come. Even with their army and marines being downsized.

Exactly right. It's more than that; India and the US reinforce each other's enmity of China.

Will never happen. No matter how much friendship China offers, India will always reject it because it would turn off the American/Russian technology spigot. India will always keep its China relationship ambiguous to avoid open animosity with China on the one hand, and to continue milking the West and Russia for technology on the other.

The US is also not stupid. They have figured out the Indian psychology and the Indian inferiority complex which can only be assuaged by beating China. Despite all the fancy talk, the Indian resentment of China comes through at a moment's prodding.

Another gaseous balloony talk, Inferior complex what not !

India do not need to beat anyone, we didn't beat Pakistan after 26/11, did we? USA might have seen that as well ?Indian restrain showed we have no hegemony desires in this region.

Whatever Indian posturing is there to itch Pakistan and China is well justifiable to the kind of quixotic both are.

Now deny with a straight face that there was no Kargil, there are no Chinese incursions, Chinese are not in *** (a disputed territory?), Chinese are not smelling around IOR, Chinese are not proliferating nuclear technology and both Pakistan and China are not military ally.

Another gaseous balloony talk, Inferior complex what not !

India do not need to beat anyone, we didn't beat Pakistan after 26/11, did we? USA might have seen that as well ?Indian restrain showed we have no hegemony desires in this region.

Whatever Indian posturing is there to itch Pakistan and China is well justifiable to the kind of quixotic both are.

Now deny with a straight face that there was no Kargil, there are no Chinese incursions, Chinese are not in *** (a disputed territory?), Chinese are not smelling around IOR, Chinese are not proliferating nuclear technology and both Pakistan and China are not military ally.

I edited my post because I knew Indians would throw a tantrum. But the statement is correct.

India did not attack Pakistan after 26/11 because it could not. It simply does not have the military capability to conduct unilateral strikes without consequences. Indian ego may want you to believe otherwise, but that won't change reality.

Similarly, the Indian resentment of China comes through at every turn. From the Indian media taking silly potshots at China, to the Indians in real life who are all "hindi chini bhai bhai" up front, but never miss an opportunity to point out China's problems. It is telling that the number one priority for India, with its newfound wealth, is not social reforms, but military might. India is obsessed with symbols of power.

Like I wrote, Indian psychology is extremely transparent. The need for validation is there. And the resentment.

I edited my post because I knew Indians would throw a tantrum. But the statement is correct.

India did not attack Pakistan after 26/11 because it could not. It simply does not have the military capability to conduct unilateral strikes without consequences. Indian ego may want you to believe otherwise, but that won't change reality.

Similarly, the Indian resentment of China comes through at every turn. From the Indian media taking silly potshots at China, to the Indians in real life who are all "hindi chini bhai bhai" up front, but never miss an opportunity to point out China's problems. It is telling that the number one priority for India, with its newfound wealth, is not social reforms, but military might. India is obsessed with symbols of power.

Like I wrote, Indian psychology is extremely transparent. The need for validation is there. And the resentment.

India did not attack because India was not going to attack....what media and common people want is different that what government does...i guess everyone knew that India will not attack Pakistan considering it will look foolish on India's side to attack like that...

Theoretically sound.

But India will never ally with China. That is a fact.

The US military will continue to be the most powerful force on Earth for a long time to come. Even with their army and marines being downsized.

Why should we? Bangladeshis and Pakistanis will be very happy to accept Chinese hegemony and live under a 'Chinese Asia'....not us. We want good relations with China but on our terms. As long as China continues to claim our territory and maintain their aggressive posture vis-a vis India , Sino-India relation will remain cold.

indians' fantasy is for india to join an "exclusive club" of nations consisting of USA, india and maybe some other countries, but never including China, so india can feel it is on the same level as its colonial master the Anglo, and feeling superior to China by being associated with the Anglo.

The US is also not stupid. They have figured out the Indian psychology and India's need for validation which can only be assuaged by beating China. Despite all the fancy talk, the Indian resentment of China comes through at a moment's prodding.

I absolutely agree! Thinking that india will become friends with China is like thinking the GOI will decide to feed its poor and stop corruption. It's just fantasy.

Truth is india and USA are already one team, very intent on containing china. But india pretends to China that they are not really one team, so india can get some benefits from China too.

China's best course of action is to deploy heavy armor on the subcontinent plains, for example in Lahore or Kathmandu, and then roll across northern india for regime change if hostilities break out.

In terms of what? Their civilian technology is unlike no other.

Economically they are sound despite debts.Their indigenous military is upto date and decent, except in certain areas. Also their huge industrial capability gives them the ability to militarize rapidly , only shortfall is the resources , which can come from USA and Canada.

In the end, they will be lapdogs of the US.

The American influence on Japan actually is a stabilizing factor in the region . An independent Japan would have gone nuclear within no time and got into military conflicts with China and Russia.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom