What's new

Didn't Expect Pakistan To Behave So Harshly: National Geographic's 'Afghan Girl'

well Pakistan is not their baap ki jager so she should expect due process of law when it is breached..especially when the case if obtaining identity by fraud..she must be behind bars !

Pakistan is within rights to secure its borders. this is a case of bad PR

Its a case of positive affirmation and a stern warning..whatever you are and who ever you are..there is no excuse from the law!

It takes two to tango. Get use to it bloody Afghans.

You can leave Pakistan and go live with Afghan brothers of yours. We don't need anymore like you.

Well yeah .already plenty of afghans here some good some bad and stop being a creep , sympathy with other nations doesn't mean I'm not loyal to my own country .

Last edited:
They are using our resources and barking at us, and still they think that we will give honor. They have batter to leave our country and survive on to their own. When they will face the world they will have an idea that how easy were they in PAKISTAN.

She is living with her Pasthun brothers in FATA region... why are Punjabis getting irritated...?

They never ever missed a chance to hit Pakistan and it's people. They never follow a single Pakistani rule and still they are crying that we are not Good to Them.

She is living with her Pasthun brothers in FATA region... why are Punjabis getting irritated...?
What if she was living in India, I believe that you would have killed her and her brothers without putting them into imprisonment.

Many Pakistani Pukhtoons are also irritated. Indeed the most irritated Pakistanis are Pukhtoons because they have to deal with their crap on a daily basis.

Your comment is interesting in that it betrays an undertone of the Afghan view, namely that Western Pakistan does not belong to Pakistan but rather to Afghanistan?

KABUL: Expressing disappointment at the way she was treated in Pakistan, NatGeo's famed "Afghan Girl" Sharbat Gula, said she was taken aback by the treatment meted out to her by Islamabad.

"I had lived for 35 years in Pakistan. It was a very good life. I did not expect the government to behave so harshly and put me behind bars," Ms Gula told the BBC.

Her time in Pakistan was not all roses. "We were facing a lot of problems. We were refugees in someone else's country. My husband and eldest daughter died of Hepatitis C."

"Now I have come to my homeland and I am very happy. President Ashraf Ghani, former President Hamid Karzai and all the Afghans helped me."

Speaking about whether she would have done anything differently if given the choice, she said, "If I could go back to being 10 again, I would have studied. I wouldn't have married at 13."

At first, she said, the famed National Geographic cover photo "created more problems than benefits".

"It made me famous but also led to my imprisonment. After all these problems, I want to establish a non-governmental organisation to offer people free medical treatment."

"Before this, I was a villager. I did not like the photo and the media. Now I am very happy that it gave me honour and made me popular among people. The income from the photo has helped a lot of widows and orphans. Now I am proud of it."

"I want peace and I pray to God no one is forced to leave their country and become a refugee," she said.

The portrait of Ms Gula, whose sea-green eyes and piercing gaze, made her an international symbol of refugees facing an uncertain future, first appeared on the cover of National Geographic in 1985.

Photographer Steve McCurry photographed her as a young girl living in the largest refugee camp in Pakistan, where almost three million Afghans sought shelter in the wake of the 1979 invasion by the Soviet Union. In 2002, McCurry tracked Sharbat Gula down, now married and mother of five, and photographed her again.

That photo has been likened with Leonardo Da Vinci's Mona Lisa.

National Geographic also made a short documentary about her life and dubbed her the "Mona Lisa of Afghan war".

Hope India provide asylum for this brave girl.

For punjabis .... I'm talking about only this girl keep all your Afghan immigrants in your Pakthunva.:P

What the **** are you talking about? Is punjab and FATA separate from Pakistan? Dont display your Idiocy here. BR will be a good place for that.

Afghan girl was working with anti-Pakistan elements and her own status was Refugee. If anybody, weather citizen of the country or a refugee would do treason, their punishments are maximum.

Just watch what is happening to Shakeel Afridi before complaining Pakistan's "harsh treatment". You should be thankful to Pakistan's hospitalises and that you re still alive to complain about "harsh treatment" despite what you'e been doing.

Last edited:
We housed the Afghans for more than 30 yrs, and now they become our enemies mouthpiece.

Pakistan is within rights to secure its borders. this is a case of bad PR

My thoughts as well. I'm sure the legal case of forged papers is genuine but her detention and deportation was handled poorly. A shrewder administration would have found ways to capitalise on her publicity without appearing so mean, especially when so many other Afghans are continuing to reside illegally.

She was staying in Pakistan and was only deported once it was found that she was holding a fake identity card,,,,,,

Oo u Endiyan B!tch take a closer look! Its actually Pashtuns which are irritated due to Afghanis burden. They used to live in peace and harmony before the Afghan refugee erra. Later Afghans came in and they bring in all the sh!t (Drugs, Weapons, War Hysteria, Bigotry etc.) and painted the Pashtuns of Pakistan with it as they looks pretty similar. Pashtuns of Pakistan are the most patriot people and they played a huge role against India.

Back
Top Bottom