What's new

Did you hear the one about the Pathan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Racist jokes are crass. Vulgar. Hurtful.With your joke, you judge me before you even know me. You make me less than equal, less than human. You affect my employment chances, my promotion options. You affect how shopkeepers and security guards treat me. You humiliate me infront of colleagues, friends, family, strangers.
You're willing to get a laugh from people at my expense. Your joke is dangerous and I'm not going to pretend this is acceptable any more"

Racist jokes aren't about humour: they are killing our community. With every joke you remind your mates that this person, me, is different; that I'm not like you.

Every joke reinforces a wall between you and your mates, and me. You prevent me from integrating, becoming one of your circle. You exclude.
No, I won't take a joke because racism isn't funny - The Drum (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

I agree, there is no place for racism or racist jokes in society.

There are plenty of other things to be humorous about.

It really annoys me when I hear fellow Pakistanis complaining about racism – not annoyed because of their racist attitude but because we don’t look at ourselves before we point our fingers at others.
I had a nasty experience the other day when I was talking to someone on an online forum. He was pleasant enough until I told him about my ethnic background when all hell broke loose. His comments were so nasty that they would put the KKK to shame. He blamed the entire Pukhtun race for all of Pakistan’s problems interspersed with four letter words and accusations of us smelling like sweat and curry. It took me a minute to realise that it was another Pakistani who had insulted me and not some foreigner. It was far more shocking. I still can’t believe the day has come where weare at each other’s throats...
-continue reading here Did you hear the one about the Pathan? – The Express Tribune Blog

These morons dont realize biggest victims of terrorism are pathans protecting the front lines of pakistan with their life's are also pathans.
But as far as jokes goes show me ant ethnicity any where in the world thats spared from that so why make a fuss out of nothing.

Feeding this racism in pakistan is also a part of enemies of pakistan.
The truth is that racism do exist in pakistan and most of all in karachi.
have spent 2 years in karachi and i have observed that people call eath other by their race.. o bangali.. hey pakhtoon .. hey muhajir... A neutral person living in this atmosphere will also become racist
so i advise all of u that if some stupid person give u bad impression on this issue u please try to keep urself neutral

Then there is this sensitive/ emotionally fragile Pathan making joke out of himself all over the forum by humiliating himself by opening such silly and stupid threads- yeah i am talking about the OP-

I suppose you were never thaught history in school. Have you heard of Maratha and Sikh empires which ruled India after fall of the Mughals? Also, about Gupta and Mauryan and many other Hindu and Buddhist empires ruling the subcontinent over 2 millenniums?

BTW.. Can you name a single Punjabi Musalaman ruler before 1947?

Muslims don't have ethenty they allz are equal thats what Islam teaches us……
don't confuse hindus with Sikhs and Buddhist I mentioned about Hindus not about Sikhs……
and am not talking about tiny states even if you talk about states there were 20+ muslim states which were in Pakistan and before were in Britans even Britans can't occupy them and your Hayderabad was ruled by Muslim…
ever heard of Siraj ud Dola and Tipu Sultan??
Chk out state of Bahawalpur……

Then there is this sensitive/ emotionally fragile Pathan making joke out of himself all over the forum by humiliating himself by opening such silly and stupid threads- yeah i am talking about the OP-

I can't get that man really…
well I guess ideots don't have horns……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom