What's new

Did Two Nation Theory Die in 1971 After Creation of Bangladesh?

Apart from discussion of the topic, there was unexpected pressure on me to rope in a new member.

I have a proposal for you regarding Insaniyat.. but perhaps after your other activities are through.

Muslims in India are still seen by Hindus through the prism of the partition. Prejudice and faith discrimination against Muslims does exist in India. Their economic conditions are worse than all others communities i.e 31pc of Muslims live below the poverty line which is close to the 35pc for Dalits and Adivasis.
I really hate it when people post whatever they fart. Majority of Muslims live in North India where most of India's poor states are. In these states, most Hindus are also in poverty. Such poverty is not seen in Muslims of South India. If there was any discrimination, South Indian Muslims would also be in poverty. Furthermore, even educated Muslims agree that social practices of Muslims are responsible for their conditions. They have larger fertility rates, larger families, many don't send their girls to study (not even to Islamic schools), they have widespread gender discrimination against girls, etc. How are the Hindus responsible for all this? Or maybe it is part of the global conspiracy against Islam by Hindus, Christians, Jews (zionists) and all other non-Islamic faiths which ISI and Zaid Hamid always talk about? In India, Sikhs/Jains/Christians have the highest standard of living, much higher than Hindus. How did they develop despite being in minority? That's because they have better social practices. Those who modernize, they develop. Same goes with Hindus & Muslims.

Indian Muslims are the most confused Muslim community in the world with the exception of Kashmiri Muslims and few others. They don't have courage to take a stand against anything , have to live as second or third class citizens in their own home land, they cant even practice their faith freely in Hindu dominated areas, they can,t build new mosques and save old ones, can't eat beef, their social status is that of low caste Hindus(untouchables), they live under constant fear of Hindu majority, they even try to intermarry with Hindus to please them and some like those of Bollywood celebrity take part in pooja phaat in attempt of pretending to be secular or tolerate because tolerance for Hindus is giving up your faith and adopting Hindu practices and visiting temple and gurdawra

Muslims ARE practicing their faith freely in Hindu areas, building new mosques and saving old ones. They ARE eating beef freely. They don't live under any fear. There are no untouchables in India, not even among Hindus. Come to India & see for yourself. In India, Hindus also go to mosques and Muslim holy places like Ajmer Sharif. Who are Hindus trying to please according to you when they are already in majority?

I was asking why Indian Muslims are still backward when they have literacy rate of 60% ?

Most Muslims migrated to Pakistan with empty hand after leaving all their belongings, houses, and factories in India. People were more worry to save their lives and cross the border safely than carrying their wealth, belongings or gold with them. You have no idea about how huge population exchange occurred at the time of division

In India poor people can afford education due to government policies , now getting education is more easier with free education and free meal at school. But at the time of independence, education was the luxury of educated people.

India inherited 90% of the subcontinent's industry and the thriving cities of Delhi, Bombay (now Mumbai) and Calcutta. By contrast Pakistan's economy which was based on agriculture and controlled by feudal elites, was left with 17.5% of the British colonial government's financial reserves after division

Mainly private entrepreneur has role in setting up industries in India, Tata founded the first Iron and steel industries in mineral rich areas. There was not much role of British. British left behind one of the most well-developed canal system for Punjab, who's benefits are still reaped by Pakistanis. Punjab was the richest province of British India. 
yet india was very much developed when it came to the industries left by the british... we had nothing..

British didn't built those industries but private entrepreneurs like Tatas.

I really hate it when people post whatever they fart. Majority of Muslims live in North India where most of India's poor states are. In these states, most Hindus are also in poverty. Such poverty is not seen in Muslims of South India. If there was any discrimination, South Indian Muslims would also be in poverty. Furthermore, even educated Muslims agree that social practices of Muslims are responsible for their conditions. They have larger fertility rates, larger families, many don't send their girls to study (not even to Islamic schools), they have widespread gender discrimination against girls, etc. How are the Hindus responsible for all this? Or maybe it is part of the global conspiracy against Islam by Hindus, Christians, Jews (zionists) and all other non-Islamic faiths which ISI and Zaid Hamid always talk about? In India, Sikhs/Jains/Christians have the highest standard of living, much higher than Hindus. How did they develop despite being in minority? That's because they have better social practices. Those who modernize, they develop. Same goes with Hindus & Muslims.

Muslims ARE practicing their faith freely in Hindu areas, building new mosques and saving old ones. They ARE eating beef freely. They don't live under any fear. There are no untouchables in India, not even among Hindus. Come to India & see for yourself. In India, Hindus also go to mosques and Muslim holy places like Ajmer Sharif. Who are Hindus trying to please according to you when they are already in majority?

VERY, VERY WELL PUT (barring the opening sentence, which made me wince)!

I wish you would leave the pejoratives behind. I know, I have been doing too much of that lately, and I know that it is wrong, and uncivilised, and uncouth, quite apart from being very poor behaviour as a guest. I ask you to do as I suggest, not as I do.

Also, I don't agree with the passage marked in red; I believe that there is a proportionately, a larger proportion of Hindus live in the south than do Muslims, and hence their weighted average is lower.

Last edited:
Industries is invention of British people, Indians didnt build anything. While Punjab was our land since thousands of years, British didn't gave us anything which was not ours already.

Great logic:omghaha: Indians put their money for setting up modern industries in India while Punjab and Sindh was happy with their unionists.

Semi-Arid Punjab was not of much worth until British gave Punjab one of the best canal system in the world.

British didn't built those industries but private entrepreneurs like Tatas.

Yeah sure.. the almost 2 dozen ordinance factories (not including the hundreds or thousands others) were also built by tatas.

Yeah sure.. the almost 2 dozen ordinance factories (not including the hundreds or thousands others) were also built by tatas.

That was for the consumption of British Indian army. The most of the recruit coming from Punjab.

The Two Nation Theory died at childbirth in 1947.

Per Hindu spiritual belief, it was reborn as the Three Nation Theory in 1971.

Its soon to be 2014, and another rebirth is well in the offing anytime now.

LMAO and those factories benefited india!

They left the greatest treasure called canal colonies for Punjab and upper Sindh the benefit is still reaped by Pakistan. In early of independence India faced severe food shortage.

They left the greatest treasure called canal colonies for Punjab and upper Sindh the benefit is still reaped by Pakistan. In early of independence India faced severe food shortage.

Only canals cant do wonders.. when u have nothing.... look up the chronic issues Pakistan faced in th early days... while u were predicting it wont survive a few months..

I don't agree with the passage marked in red; I believe that there is a proportionately, a larger proportion of Hindus live in the south than do Muslims, and hence their weighted average is lower.
That's what I was saying, most Muslims live in the north which makes them look less socially developed. While Hindu figures from the north are a bit compensated by figures from the south so it looks that Hindus are socially better developed than Muslims. This is then highlighted by Pakistani media to mislead people and by ISI & terrorists to gain new recruits. If only figures from north are compared, Muslim figures will be similar to Hindu ones. I should have written "many north Indians" rather than "Muslims" in the passage you marked as red, agree on that.

Only canals cant do wonders.. when u have nothing.... look up the chronic issues Pakistan faced in th early days... while u were predicting it wont survive a few months..

It reduced food shortage problems in Pakistan. Pakistan economy is still dependent on agriculture that's due to one of the best canal system left by British. 
That's what I was saying, most Muslims live in the north which makes them look less socially developed. While Hindu figures from the north are a bit compensated by figures from the south so it looks that Hindus are socially better developed than Muslims. This is then highlighted by Pakistani media to mislead people and by ISI & terrorists to gain new recruits. If only figures from north are compared, Muslim figures will be similar to Hindu ones. I should have written "many north Indians" rather than "Muslims" in the passage you marked as red, agree on that.

The Punjabi Muslims had always been rich, Punjab was the richest province of British India. Only people who had economic grievances were the Bengalis who were living in extreme poverty.

If you see overall picture of Pakistan, the non-Punjabis still live in miserable conditions, all of Sindhi still live in villages with little urbanization, Baloch and Saraikis of South Punjab also live in extreme poverty. Same with Pashtuns, Pashtuns of FATA are considered one of most backward people of Pakistan.

Last edited:
It reduced food shortage problems in Pakistan. Pakistan economy is still dependent on agriculture that's due to one of the best canal system left by British. 

Congrats..
The Punjabi Muslims had always been rich, Punjab was the richest province of British India. Only people who had economic grievances were the Bengalis who were living in extreme poverty.

If you see overall picture of Pakistan, the non-Punjabis still live in miserable conditions, all of Sindhi still live in villages with little urbanization, Baloch and Saraikis of South Punjab also live in extreme poverty. Same with Pashtuns, Pashtuns of FATA are considered one of most backward people of Pakistan.

Wow you are a genius..

That was for the consumption of British Indian army. The most of the recruit coming from Punjab.

Could you please build on this further? Using numbers, percentages and hard data? I am travelling, and operating on a dongle on a laptop perched on a luggage stand, a posture not conducive to numeric research.

Back
Top Bottom