What's new

Did Saudi Arabia cancel a large arms deal to buy Turkish warships?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The actual fantasy is your official statemement you are talking. Turkish institutes are equiping own naval ships from top to down(foreign or domestic subsystems based on requirements), marketing/exporting them to abroad, upgrading ally countries' warships, submarines but When It came to Romanian obsolete British made frigates, The situation suddenly became as "lack of capabilities to upgrade them" to cancel the deal and you want me to believe what your puppet politicians reasoning the cancellation in favour of their benefits?
I am basing my statements on an official statement of the DM which the Turkish side DIDN'T refute, you're resorting to name calling.

Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Mohammad Simsk following the announcement of the Saudi-American arms deal hinted at Turkey's disappointment. Simsk wrote that "if a small part of these sums were directed to reducing poverty and education, the world would be a safer place."
:rofl:That was funny. lol

On a serious note, means this news must have really angered Turkish officials. I understand them though, since it would have been the country's largest defence export deal ever made. So this makes it even more painful..
However, I understand KSA reason for doing so. It's a no brainer choosing between military equipment from the world's most advanced military power by far and Turkey(who also gets its technology from the West), so I can't blame the Saudis much to be honest. Even though I believe the Saudi's should have given a small consolation price deal to the Turks just to ease the anger and unease from both sides.

Last edited:
I dont get it why our ppl are so stressed.. Saudi arabia is second after israel for US interests.. this ppl are in bed for decades.. they are the same ppl with same ideology we never should think that this states would really favor us..

and saudi arabia would never ever want countries like Egypt or Turkey who could stand for Sunni Muslims in the world with power.. we are a ideological and political thread for them and their interests in ME..

:rofl:That was funny. lol

On a serious note, means this news must have really angered Turkish officials. I understand them though, since it would have been the country's largest defence export deal ever made. So this makes it even more painful..
However, I understand KSA reason for doing so. It's a no brainer choosing between military equipment from the world's most advanced military power by far and Turkey(who also gets its technology from the West), so I can't blame the Saudis much to be honest. Even though I believe the Saudi's should have given a small consolation price deal to the Turks just to ease the anger and unease from both sides.
so why they buy drones from china?

http://en.addiyar.com/article/13813...-from-turkey-despite-110-billion-deal-with-us

if its true export of turkey can reach 4 bilions

The tweet was posted long before news of the cancellation.

Let me get something straight.

These is no official statement about the cancel of the deal.

That said, Saudi Arabia plans to buy 4 Freedom- class littoral combat ship which is counterpart of Turkish Ada Class.

So, people are assuming deal is dead (which i agree too).

Keep your hint to yourself and if you know so well then why waste your precious time on a forum.. a supa duper entellectual kemalist like you should be a candidate and run for elections :lol:
Ouu now starting the name callings, well better be a intellectual Kemalist than a Islamist who has zero contribution to the nation.

Saudi Arabia has cancelled an arms deal with Turkey involving four warships worth $2 billion on Sunday.

The deal was reportedly cancelled in the wake of Saudi’s $110 billion arms deal with the United States earlier this month.

It is not known if the two decisions were linked, however several international pundits have asked pointed questions whether Saudi Arabia can afford its latest arms deal with Washington.

The warships were reportedly purchased in a 2004 deal and were being produced by Turkish shipbuilder STM in Tuzla, Istanbul.
Hurriyet News wrote that Saudi Arabia preferred to make a sword dance with US President Donald Trump than continue its friendship with “one of the pioneers of the arms industry”.

The cancellation will have a big effect on the local economy in Tuzla, where many local people are employed under the MILGEM project, the country’s national warship programme.

Most western countries have sidelined Tuzla port in Istanbul, meaning that a large proportion of its industry comes from Gulf countries looking to refurbish and build warships.

Sources earlier told The New Arab that the US-Saudi deal may well exceed the $350 billion mark pencilled out for the next ten years.
https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/n...s-2-billion-shipbuilding-contract-with-turkey

no problem for Turkish brother . shop did not destroyed if one customer refuse to buy

The Saudis have only got money to please their US Zionist masters. I am sure the filthy Israelis will be most pleased. The Zionists are already trying to undermine the growing power of Turkey.

What are the non Turkish members trying to do?
Talking through one's hat, You are trying to solve the problem doesn't exist,
At the beginning you shared that deal has been failed. Let's prove it.

Ouu now starting the name callings, well better be a intellectual Kemalist than a Islamist who has zero contribution to the nation.
What's about MNP/MSP/RP/FP/AKP etc.?? Most of them are "Islamists" at the heart. They have been engaged in the national politics and holding public offices in various capacities for the last 4 decades!!!!!

What's about MNP/MSP/RP/FP/AKP etc.?? Most of them are "Islamists" at the heart. They have been engaged in the national politics and holding public offices in various capacities for the last 4 decades!!!!!
Yeah thank god everything is fine in Turkey at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom