What's new

Did Musharraf Steal Public Funds to Enrich Himself & His Family?

RiazHaq

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
http://www.riazhaq.com/2016/04/panama-leaks-did-musharraf-steal.html

A story alleging corruption by former President Pervez Musharraf has appeared recently in Pakistan's Jang Media Group publications in the aftermath of the Panama Leaks that revealed the names of 220 rich and powerful Pakistanis owning offshore accounts.

The Panama Papers show that Mir Shakeel ur Rehman, the owner of Jang Media Group, owns offshore accounts, as do the family of the current Prime Minister Mr. Nawaz Sharif and former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto who was assassinated in 2007. Other Pakistanis named in the Panama Papers include prominent businessmen, politicians, judges, bureaucrats, etc. allegedly involved incorruption. The names of former President Pervez Musharraf or his family members are not among the 220 names from Pakistan.

The Jang Media Group story titled "How Mr clean Musharraf became a billionaire" lists accounts held by Mr. Musharraf in Dubai and London with balances adding up to millions of US dollars. Farrukh Durrani, the story writer, demands that the commission of inquiry looking into Panama Papers also investigate the sources of Mr. Musharraf's wealth. Here's an excerpt of the story:

"Despite having such huge chunk of amount in his offshore accounts, neither did any investigative agency nor did the accountability bureau question him how he got billions of rupees in his foreign accounts. However the commission of inquiry appointed by prime minister in the wake of Panama Leaks has a broader scope and powers which can question ex-dictator Pervez Musharraf from where he got billions of rupees which are kept in his offshore accounts."

Knowing what I know about how western leaders like former US President Clinton and his wife Hillary became wealthy after leaving office, let me suggest to Mr. Durrani to do his homework as follows:

1. Learn about the lucrative speaker series business which brings hundreds of thousands of dollars per speech to celebrity speakers in the West, particularly the United States. This is a well-established, well-organized business that promotes lecture series featuring prominent speakers where attendees pay hundreds of dollars per person to attend in large numbers.

2. Do research into how many such lectures President Musharraf delivered after retiring from presidency in 2008? How much did he get paid for each? What does it all add up to? Does it add up to more than the reported account balances in Dubai and London?

Let me give a few pointers to Mr. Durrani if he's honestly trying to understand the sources of Mr. Musharraf's wealth:

1. A Newsweek story quoted David Wheeler, the President Embark LLC, just one of the international public-relations firms trying to land Musharraf as a highly paid keynote speaker, as saying, "The [speaking] fee for Musharraf would be in the $150,000-200,000 range for a day."

2. The Newsweek story further added that "Public-relations executives say the articulate and brash 44-year army veteran's earning power could approach that of former U.S. President Bill Clinton".

3. Here's how an Oregon newspaper "The Oregonian" reported about Musharraf's planned appearance in Portland in 2010: "The folks who attract big international names to Portland each year have done it again, landing Pervez Musharraf, Pakistan's former president, to speak here in March. The World Affairs Council of Oregon's 2010 speaker series will also feature Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz; Jane Lubchenco, National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration chief administrator; and -- in a face-off --Howard Dean, former chairman of the Democratic National Committee, and Karl Rove, strategist for President George W. Bush."

4. A brochure announcing the Peninsula Speaker Series in the San Francisco Bay Area that included Musharraf as a featured speaker, along with Condeleeza Rice, Laura Tyson and Paul Krugman, showed the ticket prices ranging from $294 to $403 per person.

After Mr. Durrani has had a chance to do his homework, I believe he will realize, if he's honest, that he is being used by his employer to deflect attention of the world and of any investigative commission members from the sins of Mir Shakeel ur Rahman and his rich and powerful friends in high places, including Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his family, who have either stolen Pakistan peoples' money and/or cheated on taxes they owe to the Pakistani treasury. Any investigative commission must not allow itself to be used to pursue vendettas to obscure the truth.

Related Links:

Haq's Musings

Pakistani Leaders in London After Panama Leaks

Culture of Corruption in Pakistan

Zardari Corruption Probe

President Pervez Musharraf's Legacy

We Hang Petty Thieves and Appoint Great Ones to High Offices

Capitalism's Achilles Heel by Raymond Baker

Over 400 more #Pakistanis (politicians, businessmen, media owners) named in #panamapapers #PanamaLeaks #Pakistan https://www.geo.tv/latest/105434-More-prominent-Pakistanis-named-in-Panama-Papers

Imran’s financier, Benazir’s cousin, Zardari’s and Altaf’s close friend, Seth Abid’s son, retired admiral’s son, former MD of Port Qasim Authority and mother of Oscar Award winner Sharmeen Chinoy figure in the list; more names to appear after thorough investigations

ISLAMABAD: As the much-awaited list of Pakistanis owning offshore companies is released today, the close associates of politicians and families of celebrities are set to capture more attention than the businessmen including those who registered companies only to open accounts in Swiss banks.

Identities of some of the high-profile figures suspected to be linked with offshore companies are still being ascertained and will therefore be published after a complete investigation.

The list to be released by The News will be the most comprehensive as painstaking efforts were made to find the last Pakistani buried in the 11.5 million files of the Panama Papers shared by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ). Nevertheless, it can’t be claimed with confidence that all of them have been fished out.

Right from the family of Zulfi Bokhari, a key financier of Imran Khan, to Irfan Puri, an oil czar equally close to the PPP/MQM leadership and presently in Dubai jail; from Tariq Islam, a cousin of Benazir Bhutto, to the son of former health minister Naseer Khan; from the family of famous Seth Abid to the son of Admiral (retd) Muzaffar Hassan; and from the Port Qasim Authority’s former MD and NRO beneficiary Abdul Sattar Dero to the former president of Karachi chamber of commerce, Shaukat Ahmed, are in the list.

Mother of Oscar award winner, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy; a billionaire owner of Sachal studio Izzat Majeed; wife of Ghous Akbar; and fashion designer Zehra Valliani along with her brother, an asset manager, Fawaz Valliani have also been identified as owners of offshore companies.

Wamiq Zuberi of the Business Recorder and his wife, former PPP senator Rukhsana Zuberi, have been identified among those invested in an offshore company, a fact Wamiq acknowledged. He explained that they stopped investing after being defrauded and that the company was owned by somebody else who was murdered in Islamabad.

Although Abdul Aleem Khan of the PTI has been claiming with confidence that he didn’t figure in the Panama Papers and The News story about his offshore company was based on his assets declarations, his name is very much in the record.

As far as Sayed Zulfikar Abbas Bokhari (Zulfi Bokhari) is concerned, he has been identified in connection with the offshore companies he own along with his two sisters. There are six companies owned by Zulfi family: K-Factor Limited, Bradbury Resources Ltd, Bayteck Limited, Bayla Trading Limited, Poreim Trading Limited and Ganstam Trading Limited. They could have gone unnoticed had one of his sisters not given address of Islamabad. Probe indicates the house is owned by Zulfi family. Address in London is of Zulfi’s house. Wajid Bokhari, Zulfi’s father, was caretaker minister in the interim setup installed for holding 2008 elections. One of his uncles is sitting PTI MPA from Attock.

Yes he did corruption giving public money to buy polititions from various party he brought dismentaled MQM party on its foots to do terrorism under his nose he is equal to nawaz

Leaders enjoy lavish life from our money so in return they are responsible for everything musharaf should answer why he helped MQM and when everyday bomb blast going on in country he keep helping MQM in all forms and MQM grab the opportunity with both hands financing Indian terrorists in Karachi and Baluchistan and mushy most powerful man in Pak turned blind eye on them is a hilarious crime

A story alleging corruption by former President Pervez Musharraf has appeared recently in Pakistan's Jang Media Group publications in the aftermath of the Panama Leaks that revealed the names of 220 rich and powerful Pakistanis owning offshore accounts.

The Panama Papers show that Mir Shakeel ur Rehman, the owner of Jang Media Group, owns offshore accounts, as do the family of the current Prime Minister Mr. Nawaz Sharif and former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto who was assassinated in 2007. Other Pakistanis named in the Panama Papers include prominent businessmen, politicians, judges, bureaucrats, etc. allegedly involved incorruption. The names of former President Pervez Musharraf or his family members are not among the 220 names from Pakistan.
4. A brochure announcing the Peninsula Speaker Series in the San Francisco Bay Area that included Musharraf as a featured speaker, along with Condeleeza Rice, Laura Tyson and Paul Krugman, showed the ticket prices ranging from $294 to $403 per person.

After Mr. Durrani has had a chance to do his homework, I believe he will realize, if he's honest, that he is being used by his employer to deflect attention of the world and of any investigative commission members from the sins of Mir Shakeel ur Rahman and his rich and powerful friends in high places, including Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his family, who have either stolen Pakistan peoples' money and/or cheated on taxes they owe to the Pakistani treasury. Any investigative commission must not allow itself to be used to pursue vendettas to obscure the truth.

I saw you at an event in San Jose for a few minutes as I was walking into a difference conference with Google's execs. I heard you (I think it was you, for a few minutes and moved on). So the point is, I thought you were better, smarter and unbiased than the crap you are posting on here.

The money trail goes back to 2005-2008, not the fees he's been paid to speak. And mind you, if you don't how how the speaking works, you should find out. The $ 150K a day, ISN'T Mushy's. Its the media company charges. Then, they have other speakers in also. So all in all, Mushy's son told me its about $ 15-20 K a day. STILL not bad. Also, Mushy gets to speak once a month, and the expenses aren't paid (I am SURE you know how 1099 income works in the US).

Next, the corruption funds we are talking about, were re-channeled FMS / and payment for the land route used by ISAF forces and their weapons systems on rail, etc. The $ 200-300 million in question, was transferred back then. Mushy has had homes in Dubai, a palace in Turkey, and many properties in the UK. His son's net-worth went from $ 3 million to close to $ 200 million as the money was sent to him.

So do me a favor, please don't lie to the ENTIRE Pakistani nation while you sit and enjoy life in the US and in old age, corrupt your reputation by associating and hiding open corruption these people did. In fact, the US administration has MANY times said that their money is being channeled for personal use by different Generals (referring to Mushy and his buddies). Also, remember, in the US, no one really "LIKES" Mushy, he was a DICTATOR, due to an agreement with Mr. Busch and due to Mushy's help, the previous POTUS's influence got Mushy a speaking deal at different places. Since then, no one knows, remembers or cares for him. He was a dictator and that's his title. Hiding open corruption and a blatant lie to Pakistani public is a crime as the millions of families could benefit from the $ 200-300 million he stole. Sadly, people like you, would lie about it.

This is the problem with Pakistani nation, EVERYONE is corrupt and they do corruption within their OWN capacity and call others corrupt!!

I saw you at an event in San Jose for a few minutes as I was walking into a difference conference with Google's execs. I heard you (I think it was you, for a few minutes and moved on). So the point is, I thought you were better, smarter and unbiased than the crap you are posting on here.

The money trail goes back to 2005-2008, not the fees he's been paid to speak. And mind you, if you don't how how the speaking works, you should find out. The $ 150K a day, ISN'T Mushy's. Its the media company charges. Then, they have other speakers in also. So all in all, Mushy's son told me its about $ 15-20 K a day. STILL not bad. Also, Mushy gets to speak once a month, and the expenses aren't paid (I am SURE you know how 1099 income works in the US).

Next, the corruption funds we are talking about, were re-channeled FMS / and payment for the land route used by ISAF forces and their weapons systems on rail, etc. The $ 200-300 million in question, was transferred back then. Mushy has had homes in Dubai, a palace in Turkey, and many properties in the UK. His son's net-worth went from $ 3 million to close to $ 200 million as the money was sent to him.

So do me a favor, please don't lie to the ENTIRE Pakistani nation while you sit and enjoy life in the US and in old age, corrupt your reputation by associating and hiding open corruption these people did. In fact, the US administration has MANY times said that their money is being channeled for personal use by different Generals (referring to Mushy and his buddies). Also, remember, in the US, no one really "LIKES" Mushy, he was a DICTATOR, due to an agreement with Mr. Busch and due to Mushy's help, the previous POTUS's influence got Mushy a speaking deal at different places. Since then, no one knows, remembers or cares for him. He was a dictator and that's his title. Hiding open corruption and a blatant lie to Pakistani public is a crime as the millions of families could benefit from the $ 200-300 million he stole. Sadly, people like you, would lie about it.

This is the problem with Pakistani nation, EVERYONE is corrupt and they do corruption within their OWN capacity and call others corrupt!!
Musharraf got paid atleast 50k per lecture. Its recorded and he admitted.

Musharraf got paid atleast 50k per lecture. Its recorded and he admitted.

If you don't know about something, you should ask. I don't do it to make money, but I do get invited to the Silicon Valley to speak often and for a cost not any different from top speakers. No one gives you a check for a day or a lecture. If anyone is saying that, its a total lie, or they heard it second hand.

The company you contract with, would have for example, Strategy on Business, Technology, Security, International Events like Anti-Terrorism and stuff, all these areas are specialty groups. So the company who hosts these events and contracts with you, gives you a check per appearance and on a specific time cycle (I do Net + 60 days). So about majority of these contracts are sort of seasonal if you will, in other words, the company will line up. 3-4 events within a two month cycle and that check for these back to back events, will be sent to you per your contractual terms (like I mentioned mine). So, I can figure speech say "my current engagement check was over $ 120 K" or I can say "my 6 events within one engagement gave me $ 120 K income". Hillary Clinton, Bush, Clinton, Rumsfeld, etc are few speakers that made the $ 100's of K's, primarily because of their lobbying. Mushy ain't that lucky. No matter how you look at it, he's ALWAYS looked at as a dictator and has really no value. People have boo'd him many times.

By the way, the issue wasn't how much he is making from public speaking, the issue was hiding his over $ 300 million corruption and legitimizing it to be "fees for public speaking" by the OP. That trend needs to stop. Corruption is corruption, no matter how you see it and understand it!!

It's clear that you don't know what you are talking about.

If you did, you'd offer some concrete references from credible independent sources to back it up as I have done in my post.

It's clear that you don't know what you are talking about.

If you did, you'd offer some concrete references from credible independent sources to back it up as I have done in my post.

What concrete reference? Instead of pulling stuff out of thin air, tell me what credible references do you need? Ask Gen. Raheel about Mushy's corruption and why he distanced himself from him. I announced it on here, two weeks before Gen. Raheel sacked his senior officers a month or so ago, as I knew that he was about to clean up the military and same will happen to the likes of PPP and PTI's thugs. Just watch how it unfolds.

Ever followed up on US State Dept briefings during Mushy's time on aid? And its utilization?

Here's one source. Remmeber, the "fighting with India was a slogan under which, the money was sent overseas, and a senior Lt. General from NLC was also involved :rofl:. I can tell you ALL about it as I spoke to Mushy directly while he was drinking his "General's JUICE" as his Chef calls it :rofl:. It was Whiskey we were both drinking so I am sure you got the meaning out of it. Read up and you can call or get State Dept briefings too:

"Now the scope and longevity of the misuse is becoming clear: Between 2002 and 2008, while al-Qaida regrouped, only $500 million of the $6.6 billion in American aid actually made it to the Pakistani military, two army generals tell The Associated Press.

The account of the generals, who asked to remain anonymous because military rules forbid them from speaking publicly, was backed up by other retired and active generals, former bureaucrats and government ministers.

At the time of the siphoning, Pervez Musharraf, a Washington ally, served as both chief of staff and president, making it easier to divert money intended for the military to bolster his sagging image at home through economic subsidies."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/billions-in-us-aid-never-reached-pakistan-army/

"There is also clear evidence of corruption within the Pakistani army. The United States provided $1.5 million to reimburse Pakistan for damage to Navy vehicles which had not been used in combat, $15 million for the Pakistani army to build bunkers for which there is no evidence that they exist, and about $30 million for Pakistani road‐building for which there is no such evidence either. Fifty‐five million dollars was provided for helicopter maintenance for the entire national helicopter fleet which was not performed. Pakistan continued to receive around $80 million per month for military operations during ceasefire periods when troops were in their barracks. U.S. officials visiting the FATA found Pakistani Frontier Corps units poorly equipped, one reporting that he saw members of the Corps “standing ... in the snow in sandals,” with several wearing World War I–era pith helmets and carrying barely functional Kalashnikov rifles with “just 10 rounds of ammunition each”. At one point, Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf himself complained that Pakistan’s helicopters needed more U.S. spare parts and support, despite reports from U.S. military officials that the United States had provided $8 million worth of Cobra parts over the previous six months. “The great majority” of the Coalition Support Funds given by the United States to reimburse Pakistan for counterterrorism operations was reportedly diverted to the Ministry of Finance, with only $300 million reaching the Army in the financial year ending 2008. This is evidence of corruption at the highest level. The result is that, after eight years of funding, many Pakistani troops in the FATA lack basic equipment such as sufficient ammunition, armored vests, and shoes. For many years, U.S. officials ignored clear evidence that the military was not using U.S. funds to further U.S. foreign policy objectives."

http://belfercenter.hks.harvard.edu...xpayers_have_funded_pakistani_corruption.html

http://foreignpolicy.com/2009/08/11/how-america-is-funding-corruption-in-pakistan/

Yes he did corruption giving public money to buy polititions from various party he brought dismentaled MQM party on its foots to do terrorism under his nose he is equal to nawaz

Leaders enjoy lavish life from our money so in return they are responsible for everything musharaf should answer why he helped MQM and when everyday bomb blast going on in country he keep helping MQM in all forms and MQM grab the opportunity with both hands financing Indian terrorists in Karachi and Baluchistan and mushy most powerful man in Pak turned blind eye on them is a hilarious crime
Do you know what that means..... That Musharraf too is RAW agent

If you don't know about something, you should ask. I don't do it to make money, but I do get invited to the Silicon Valley to speak often and for a cost not any different from top speakers. No one gives you a check for a day or a lecture. If anyone is saying that, its a total lie, or they heard it second hand.

The company you contract with, would have for example, Strategy on Business, Technology, Security, International Events like Anti-Terrorism and stuff, all these areas are specialty groups. So the company who hosts these events and contracts with you, gives you a check per appearance and on a specific time cycle (I do Net + 60 days). So about majority of these contracts are sort of seasonal if you will, in other words, the company will line up. 3-4 events within a two month cycle and that check for these back to back events, will be sent to you per your contractual terms (like I mentioned mine). So, I can figure speech say "my current engagement check was over $ 120 K" or I can say "my 6 events within one engagement gave me $ 120 K income". Hillary Clinton, Bush, Clinton, Rumsfeld, etc are few speakers that made the $ 100's of K's, primarily because of their lobbying. Mushy ain't that lucky. No matter how you look at it, he's ALWAYS looked at as a dictator and has really no value. People have boo'd him many times.

By the way, the issue wasn't how much he is making from public speaking, the issue was hiding his over $ 300 million corruption and legitimizing it to be "fees for public speaking" by the OP. That trend needs to stop. Corruption is corruption, no matter how you see it and understand it!!
Don't explain me. Already know all these procedure . Made one line statement for general readers. Not going in detail how these lectures organized. But, watch his detail interview on ARYNEWS and he explain well everything.

Don't explain me. Already know all these procedure . Made one line statement for general readers. Not going in detail how these lectures organized. But, watch his detail interview on ARYNEWS and he explain well everything.

I don't need to watch his interviews when I know he stole over $ 300 million dollars in corruption, which wasn't given to him for his personal use. ARY publishes nothing but lies. If you watch that and believe it, I feel sorry for you.

Their main anchor and IK's buddy, Lick-Boot-Man, used to blackmail industrialist by spying on them in Islamabad just a decade ago, when he used to ride a shitty as* 70-CC motorcycle. In a decade, like Mushy, IK, Tareen and Aleem, he made so much money that he know drives a Mercedes and just like IK and his buddies, he owns about 150 million rupees worth of property. Talk about criminal thugs all sitting together in a thieves club. These people have no shame for their poor country or their nation. They are cheap black mailers just trying to get richer and richer but show a whole different side to the nation and fools follow them!!

What concrete reference? Instead of pulling stuff out of thin air, tell me what credible references do you need? Ask Gen. Raheel about Mushy's corruption and why he distanced himself from him. I announced it on here, two weeks before Gen. Raheel sacked his senior officers a month or so ago, as I knew that he was about to clean up the military and same will happen to the likes of PPP and PTI's thugs. Just watch how it unfolds.

Ever followed up on US State Dept briefings during Mushy's time on aid? And its utilization?

Here's one source. Remmeber, the "fighting with India was a slogan under which, the money was sent overseas, and a senior Lt. General from NLC was also involved :rofl:. I can tell you ALL about it as I spoke to Mushy directly while he was drinking his "General's JUICE" as his Chef calls it :rofl:. It was Whiskey we were both drinking so I am sure you got the meaning out of it. Read up and you can call or get State Dept briefings too:

"Now the scope and longevity of the misuse is becoming clear: Between 2002 and 2008, while al-Qaida regrouped, only $500 million of the $6.6 billion in American aid actually made it to the Pakistani military, two army generals tell The Associated Press.

The account of the generals, who asked to remain anonymous because military rules forbid them from speaking publicly, was backed up by other retired and active generals, former bureaucrats and government ministers.

At the time of the siphoning, Pervez Musharraf, a Washington ally, served as both chief of staff and president, making it easier to divert money intended for the military to bolster his sagging image at home through economic subsidies."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/billions-in-us-aid-never-reached-pakistan-army/

"There is also clear evidence of corruption within the Pakistani army. The United States provided $1.5 million to reimburse Pakistan for damage to Navy vehicles which had not been used in combat, $15 million for the Pakistani army to build bunkers for which there is no evidence that they exist, and about $30 million for Pakistani road‐building for which there is no such evidence either. Fifty‐five million dollars was provided for helicopter maintenance for the entire national helicopter fleet which was not performed. Pakistan continued to receive around $80 million per month for military operations during ceasefire periods when troops were in their barracks. U.S. officials visiting the FATA found Pakistani Frontier Corps units poorly equipped, one reporting that he saw members of the Corps “standing ... in the snow in sandals,” with several wearing World War I–era pith helmets and carrying barely functional Kalashnikov rifles with “just 10 rounds of ammunition each”. At one point, Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf himself complained that Pakistan’s helicopters needed more U.S. spare parts and support, despite reports from U.S. military officials that the United States had provided $8 million worth of Cobra parts over the previous six months. “The great majority” of the Coalition Support Funds given by the United States to reimburse Pakistan for counterterrorism operations was reportedly diverted to the Ministry of Finance, with only $300 million reaching the Army in the financial year ending 2008. This is evidence of corruption at the highest level. The result is that, after eight years of funding, many Pakistani troops in the FATA lack basic equipment such as sufficient ammunition, armored vests, and shoes. For many years, U.S. officials ignored clear evidence that the military was not using U.S. funds to further U.S. foreign policy objectives."

http://belfercenter.hks.harvard.edu...xpayers_have_funded_pakistani_corruption.html

http://foreignpolicy.com/2009/08/11/how-america-is-funding-corruption-in-pakistan/

There's no accusation of corruption personally against Pervez Musharraf here in your references. Musharraf personally was the cleanest person we've had in power since Pakistan's founding fathers.

Musharraf delivered for the people and earned legitimacy by good governance.

A credible international survey is done regularly by Pew Global Research. It shows that the majority of the people in Pakistan believed the country was headed in the right direction in Musharraf years. It also shows that people's satisfaction with Pakistan's direction has been in rapid decline. It has sharply fallen to about 8% in 2013.

Pew+Pakistan+Discontent+Chart.jpg

The PPP government summed up General Musharraf's accomplishments well when it signed a 2008 Memorandum of Understanding with the International Monetary Fund which said:

"Pakistan's economy witnessed a major economic transformation in the last decade. The country's real GDP increased from $60 billion to $170 billion, with per capita income rising from under $500 to over $1000 during 2000-07". It further acknowledged that "the volume of international trade increased from $20 billion to nearly $60 billion. The improved macroeconomic performance enabled Pakistan to re-enter the international capital markets in the mid-2000s. Large capital inflows financed the current account deficit and contributed to an increase in gross official reserves to $14.3 billion at end-June 2007. Buoyant output growth, low inflation, and the government's social policies contributed to a reduction in poverty and improvement in many social indicators". (see MEFP, November 20, 2008, Para 1)

Contrary to what Musharraf bashers dismiss as "aid-fueled " or "consumption-driven" economy in 2002-2007, the economic growth was actually driven by private savings and investments. Private domestic savings rate was over 18% of GDP in Musharraf but has slumped to just 7% in recent years. Pakistan attracted record foreign direct investment (FDI) in telecom, banking, manufacturing and other sectors of the economy. Annual FDI flow into Pakistan reached $5.4 billion in Year 2007-08. As to US aid during and after Musharraf's years in office, it has actually tripled in size from $700 million in 2007-8 to $2.1 billion since 2010. If aid alone were responsible for economic growth, then the GDP growth rate should have accelerated, not plummeted, after Musharraf left office.

http://www.riazhaq.com/2014/01/musharraf-earned-legitimacy-by-good.html

There's no accusation of corruption personally against Pervez Musharraf here in your references. Musharraf personally was the cleanest person we've had in power since Pakistan's founding fathers.

Musharraf delivered for the people and earned legitimacy by good governance.

A credible international survey is done regularly by Pew Global Research. It shows that the majority of the people in Pakistan believed the country was headed in the right direction in Musharraf years. It also shows that people's satisfaction with Pakistan's direction has been in rapid decline. It has sharply fallen to about 8% in 2013.

Pew+Pakistan+Discontent+Chart.jpg

The PPP government summed up General Musharraf's accomplishments well when it signed a 2008 Memorandum of Understanding with the International Monetary Fund which said:

"Pakistan's economy witnessed a major economic transformation in the last decade. The country's real GDP increased from $60 billion to $170 billion, with per capita income rising from under $500 to over $1000 during 2000-07". It further acknowledged that "the volume of international trade increased from $20 billion to nearly $60 billion. The improved macroeconomic performance enabled Pakistan to re-enter the international capital markets in the mid-2000s. Large capital inflows financed the current account deficit and contributed to an increase in gross official reserves to $14.3 billion at end-June 2007. Buoyant output growth, low inflation, and the government's social policies contributed to a reduction in poverty and improvement in many social indicators". (see MEFP, November 20, 2008, Para 1)

Contrary to what Musharraf bashers dismiss as "aid-fueled " or "consumption-driven" economy in 2002-2007, the economic growth was actually driven by private savings and investments. Private domestic savings rate was over 18% of GDP in Musharraf but has slumped to just 7% in recent years. Pakistan attracted record foreign direct investment (FDI) in telecom, banking, manufacturing and other sectors of the economy. Annual FDI flow into Pakistan reached $5.4 billion in Year 2007-08. As to US aid during and after Musharraf's years in office, it has actually tripled in size from $700 million in 2007-8 to $2.1 billion since 2010. If aid alone were responsible for economic growth, then the GDP growth rate should have accelerated, not plummeted, after Musharraf left office.

http://www.riazhaq.com/2014/01/musharraf-earned-legitimacy-by-good.html

Clean you say . . .. he hired all the thugs in shape of mqm , Q-league and all so that he can run government . .. . let all terrorists prosper within our boundaries and bomb the hell out of us . . .. for him Nawaz and benazir were the culprits and criminals . . . so he expelled them from Pakistan , formed cases , result jackshit , proved nothing, sentenced them nothing . . except granted them clean chit under NRO and welcomed them back . . . welcomed those who in your eyes are the real looters . . . so how the hell was he clean . . . he only facilitated the worse of them all only for his own fvkng sake . . .so that he could get to rule . . . .not even bringing into question his assets or probable corruption but only that how he doomed us as a nation . . sub se pehlay pakistan.

Clean you say . . .. he hired all the thugs in shape of mqm , Q-league and all so that he can run government . .. . let all terrorists prosper within our boundaries and bomb the hell out of us . . .. for him Nawaz and benazir were the culprits and criminals . . . so he expelled them from Pakistan , formed cases , result jackshit , proved nothing, sentenced them nothing . . except granted them clean chit under NRO and welcomed them back . . . welcomed those who in your eyes are the real looters . . . so how the hell was he clean . . . he only facilitated the worse of them all only for his own fvkng sake . . .so that he could get to rule . . . .not even bringing into question his assets or probable corruption but only that how he doomed us as a nation . . sub se pehlay pakistan.

Your allegations have no basis in fact.

Terrorists and terrorism were under control on Musharraf's watch.

It was after Musharraf's departure that terrorism grew in Pakistan, according to SATP data,

Pakistan%2B2015%2BTerror%2BDeaths.png

http://www.riazhaq.com/2016/01/pakistan-year-2015-in-review.html

Do you know what that means..... That Musharraf too is RAW agent
His actions matching what is reality

Question for you if I'm RAW agent can u be my friend

Answer will be no because you don't want to be part of my activities

Mushy knew everything but he never acted

Remember US embassey stuff come Pak unchecked in airports

Raymond Davis all garbage of spies he made breeding ground for them MQM was to welcome them

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom