What's new

Did Ancient Pakistanis Defeated The Mighty Alexander The Great.,

Status
Not open for further replies.
No the IVC is a distinct and separate civilisation to the ganges based civilisation of bharat, india has no claim on IVC :pakistan::pakistan:

See... present day India does not have claim on IVC agree... but historical India does. Ancient vedic texts have references to IVC and hence we believe in the whole Indus Valley civilization as having being a part of India and thus our history.

I will quote from another article:
The center of Indus Valley culture was along the Indus River basin and its tributaries, which places most of it in present day Pakistan, but ruins of this culture have also appeared as far west as northern Afghanistan along the Oxus river and east into present day Gujarat, and even into Haryana State in central India.

Afghanistan and parts of modern India were also a part of IVC, hence our claims to IVC are also relevant in this context.

Rafi said:
you will never convince us other wise

Actually we're just (at-least I am) laughing our ***** off with your notions of "Ancient Pakistanis".

Come on, post another dolphin link :) Or how about that cool book ?

You can claim what you want, but Pakistanis reject any linkage of their ancient civilisation to the bharati civilisation, these people ate meat, buried their dead, and also had no temples that would indicate hinduism.

The overlap of civilisation and culture is purely coincidental, it is not primary.

Actually we're just (at-least I am) laughing our ***** off with your notions of "Ancient Pakistanis".

Come on, post another dolphin link :) Or how about that cool book ?

:azn: You can laugh all you want buddy, reality bites - doesn't it. :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Your response indicates how bankrupt your argument is, so laugh all you want, while they put the straight jacket on:woot:

You did

When you claimed that "Indika" referred to present day Pakistan, when in actuality it described the Mauryan Empire

I said that the term India was derived from the Indus river and at the time of Alexander's invasion the term referred solely to the Indus Valley. Please note that the term was Greek so it wasnt actually "India".

I also said that there are brief cases of shared history among Pakistanis and Indians, like the Mauryan era and the British Raj. Nobody is denying this. All we are saying is that there are plenty of cases where our history has no links to the people of India, hence its Pakistani history. You are laying claim on such cases through terms like Indian subcontinent as if the modern nation and people of India own all of the subcontinent.

"India is a geographical term. It is no more a united nation than the Equator." -Churchill

Geographic Pakistan and Ancient Pakistan is one and the same thing that is why Scientists are attributing pre-historic life forms as part of our Geographic polity.

Why don't you guys just chill :P ? (by you i mean pakistanis and indians) the only thing i have noticed ever since i got on this fourm is one side accusing the other or prasing them selfs while degrading the otehr side. Can't well all just get along xD? I mean sereiously whats the point of debating on the past bulid for a better future ;).

UnitedPak said:
I also said that there are brief cases of shared history among Pakistanis and Indians, like the Mauryan era and the British Ra

The Maurya Era, The Gupta Era, The Pala Era and the Mughal Era
pala_empire_(dharmapala).gif

UnitedPak said:
"India is a geographical term. It is no more a united nation than the Equator." -Churchill

:lol:
The irony..... the irony

Being from a former colony,all of sudden finding solace in an imperialist's opinion ,eh?

1map-of-india-political.gif

The Brits had a lot of negative predictions for our nation ,but 62 years down the line we are doing good from where they left us.

Churchill hit the nail on the head, indian nationhood is a fallacy, a fairy tale, science has acknowledged a difference between the Indus and Ganges, except and move on, claim something of the separate and distinct bharati geography.

Why don't you guys just chill :P ? (by you i mean pakistanis and indians) the only thing i have noticed ever since i got on this fourm is one side accusing the other or prasing them selfs while degrading the otehr side. Can't well all just get along xD? I mean sereiously whats the point of debating on the past bulid for a better future ;).

Proper interpretation of ones history is mandatory for ones proper future.

After all we don't wish to repeat our mistakes do we?

Bombensturm said:
Being from a former colony,all of sudden finding solace in an imperialist's opinion ,eh?

Sweet delicious irony....

Another fun fact, most Pakistani's claim to have gotten Independence 'from' India. (i.e Bhagat Singh and Gandhi aren't heroes). offtopic though

Churchill may have been an imperialist, but he was also a great man, who claimed victory over the axis hordes who were the enemies of humanity.

I can admire Rommel but not the country for which he fought. :)

Sweet delicious irony....

Another fun fact, most Pakistani's claim to have gotten Independence 'from' India. (i.e Bhagat Singh and Gandhi aren't heroes). offtopic though

Bhagat and Gandhi fought for bharat, which is not the same as Geographic Pakistan aka IVC :pakistan:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom