What's new

‘Diaspora Tamils should be part of UN referendum on Eelam’

Even though i do not want to enter this mud slinging contest but you people think that people of North India are living on your charity?

For your information even GDP of Uttar pradesh ( a backward state) at Rs 519328 crores is larger than that of Tamil nadu at RS 491049 crores.And better not talk about Gujrat,Haryana,Punjab and Delhi which are among most prosperous states of India.

OK you belongs to great nation and big people no issues. We are paying taxes for our security but GOI failed to protect us then wat rights India having to utilize our money in borders to protect north Indians. Actually thats not our concern we want freedom thats it. I agreed TN is poor filled with racist people.

You comparing UP and TN ahh......

Incorrect example & comparison.

Do we need to fortify the sea border with SL?
Has SL ever attacked us ?

I appreciate the emotional attachment with Tamils and so have I with them. I seem to have touched a raw nerve here without intending to.

But the bottom line is they Sri Lankans first and need to seek redress through the Sri Lankan system not through outside intervention.

The bolded part is your response for the Tamilnadu fishermen getting killed by SL navy.

Below is my response.

Get back the Katchatheevu which Indira Gandhi illegally granted to SL - Illegal because any land granted by India to foreign country should be ratified by both houses which hasn't happened here. That would prevent Tamil fishermen from getting killed. Good the case is in Supreme court where there is every chance that granting of Katchatheevu will be declared illegal due to the reason of non-ratification by the two houses.

Read this article especially the below lines from this link and look at the person who said this - Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary Debendranath Sarangi has said to High Court - An IAS officer. It would show how the Central govt. has been insensitive to the Tamil fishermen interests.

http://news.webindia123.com/news/articles/India/20120216/1928599.html

Sri Lankan Navy, Mr Sarangi said there was enough evidence to prove that Katchatheevu, a small barren uninhabited island spread over 285.2 acres in the Palk Strait off Rameswaram, was part of India and historically it was ceded to Sri Lanka under the Indo-Srilankan maritime agreement in 1974 without consulting the state government. Subsequently, another agreement was signed between the two countries in 1976 under which the boundaries between the two countries in Gulf of Mannar and Bay of Bengal were settled. In pursuant to those agreements, Tamil Nadu fishermen were not permitted fishing in the areas where they had been fishing traditionally for centuries

he read the replies and ran off

I'm not the one to run off, as of now you carry an Indian passport and follow the Indian constitution.all the best, your views and mine are never going to match and there seems to be no end to this discussion.

OK you belongs to great nation and big people no issues. We are paying taxes for our security but GOI failed to protect us then wat rights India having to utilize our money in borders to protect north Indians. Actually thats not our concern we want freedom thats it. I agreed TN is poor filled with racist people.

Classy response as expected.

Why not?

I have taken data from economic survey of India.

Classy response as expected.

Why not?

It is you people who are saying that " only your taxes" pay for the welfare of north Indians.

and i have taken data from economic survey of India.

Are u stupid? have u ever protested aganist SL for killing TN fisherman ? I think ur frm some northern states have ur politicians raised that issue in parliament? We pledging that all Indians are brothers and sisters but you people not behaving in that way?.

Then wat kind of response did u expected frm us?

He talked abt security issues on northern side.

True that our government doesn't do enough to defend the rights of Sri Lankan Tamilians, but all said, isn't the welfare of an Indian citizen more important than someone who is considered our "brothers and sisters"? After all, that is what they are elected for, and I don't see that being too wrong. Regardless of what is being debated on this thread, the current government has taken a strong stance against the Rajapaksa government. Even though it was done under pressure from the DMK, the end result is what matters.

Also, we cannot expect India to wage a war with Sri Lanka on this issue. It is after all their citizens they are harming and we can't do anything more than give our moral support. Anything more will be hypocrisy on our part, and we won't be any better than the "Ummah" nations bothering themselves with issues which have nothing to do with them.

Don't get me wrong. I have seen documentaries of the atrocities committed, and I support their rights and feel for their plight. But simply accusing our government of paying more attention to the northern states and not enough to Lankan Tamilians doesn't fly in the realm of logic.

On topic, the referendum should definitely include diaspora Sri Lankan Tamilians. I don't see any reason to push for including Indian Tamilians in this issue.

My intentions are not to talk down to any member here, but please remember that the Indian constitution and nation is stronger than these sorts of issues.

Even though i do not want to enter this mud slinging contest but you people think that people of North India are living on your charity?

For your information even GDP of Uttar pradesh ( a backward state) at Rs 519328 crores is larger than that of Tamil nadu at RS 491049 crores.And better not talk about Gujrat,Haryana,Punjab and Delhi which are among most prosperous states of India.

I know you were responding in the heat of the moment, but we should try and understand both sides of the issue. We are fortunate enough to be progressing in all states. But let us not forget the contribution of southern states soon after our independence. When we were still reeling with the effects of partition in the north, people from the south and other states comprised a significant portion of our government/bureaucracy that gave us our foundation and fundamentals. They stuck by the union despite having not much in common with the rest of the nation (the concept of Indian nationalism was very nascent back then), despite calls for "Dravida nadu" and during the controversy around the national language. I am not saying anyone is living on charity - we are one nation and we stand for each other. But we should be sensitive and aware of the issues that are close to the heart of other Indians.

I know you were responding in the heat of the moment, but we should try and understand both sides of the issue. We are fortunate enough to be progressing in all states. But let us not forget the contribution of southern states soon after our independence. When we were still reeling with the effects of partition in the north, people from the south and other states comprised a significant portion of our government/bureaucracy that gave us our foundation and fundamentals. They stuck by the union despite having not much in common with the rest of the nation (the concept of Indian nationalism was very nascent back then), despite calls for "Dravida nadu" and during the controversy around the national language. I am not saying anyone is living on charity - we are one nation and we stand for each other. But we should be sensitive and aware of the issues that are close to the heart of other Indians.

Sorry man but i was replying to constant insinuations against north Indians that arise from ignorance of the poster and the casual threat of secession that i see in any Tamil/Sri Lanka related thread.

Don't worry you piece of $$$$, if INDIA and the rest of INDIANS do not consider TAMILS as their brothers and sister, be prepared to take your passport and migrate to any of the other INDIAN states as soon, we will be having our own passports.
some one in one of the SL related post told me that Tamil Nationalism is dangerous, let me reply to you guys, ignoring the interest of Tamils and considering us as second grade citizens is the one that has droven educated youth like me and others to think why should we be part of INDIA?

Gonna make violence in your own country because of your "Tamil" race? :lol:

come on mate, one every day school prayer we TAMILS pleged all INDIANS are my brothers and sisters, and have stood by it during Kargil, During Mumbai attack, etc when ever there is a single drop of blood droped by an INDIAN be it Bihari, etc we have showed our sympathy and empathy as our blood has boiled.
But for the past 10 years or so, over 500 tamil fishermen have been killed by SL navy firing, but i have yet to come accoss one post that gives the Tamils a moral boost, now if you were me and a Tamil will you not question why should i take a pledge for the sake of some one else who does not even care about my people

so what do you suggest, that we live a life of a worm just to be part of INDIA.

Thats what you deserved. now get lost

I don't think any government of a country will help to thieves. These Tamilnadu fishermen cross into Sri Lankan waters illegally and asking help from their central government help them. what's a silly people!

Again Tamilnadu people talk about rights of Tamils in Sri Lanka but they rob Sri Lankan Tamil fishermen's harvest daily!

That's why no one cares these guys... Automatically falling to second grade people's category. Others have nothing to do, it's their own matter of their activities..

I don't think any government of a country will help to thieves. These Tamilnadu fishermen cross into Sri Lankan waters illegally and asking help from their central government help them. what's a silly people!

Again Tamilnadu people talk about rights of Tamils in Sri Lanka but they rob Sri Lankan Tamil fishermen's harvest daily!

That's why no one cares these guys... Automatically falling to second grade people's category. Others have nothing to do, it's their own matter of their activities..

The matter is between two indians and it will be better if u shut ur big mouth n do ur work

No one talked about charity here....
U should know that TN and andra, karnataka are top 5 states in GDP of india....
Yes UP is at 2nd place, but its area is larger and its population itself is one-fifth of india, and many poor people are living in UP bihar jharkhand , its a fact, and they are my brothers too !!!
But what i feel the governancee in north indian states are paralysed with rampant corruption than in south...
My dad's friend lives in bihar, and he says he havent paid elecrtricity bills for 5 years, cos there is no bill collector !!!
So imagine how much money are getting wasted?
people in govt jobs dont even work.... education only can bring change

To certain Tamil members here claiming India does not care about them:

We do care. It is just that we cannot (and should not) interfere in another country's internal matters. Sri Lankan Tamils are Sri Lankans, and at the end of the day they need to live in peace with other Sri Lankans. We need to make sure that a peaceful diplomatic solution is reached between the Sri Lankan Tamils and other Sri Lankans. We can provide moral support to the SL Tamils who are being wronged by the SL Govt. But we must not get involved in the internal SL politics, because when that happens, a huge mess will be created (something like Pak involvement in Kashmir).

At the end of the day, we are Indians and we always stand by each other regardless of ethnicity or what state we belong to.

To certain Tamil members here claiming India does not care about them:

We do care. It is just that we cannot (and should not) interfere in another country's internal matters. Sri Lankan Tamils are Sri Lankans, and at the end of the day they need to live in peace with other Sri Lankans. We need to make sure that a peaceful diplomatic solution is reached between the Sri Lankan Tamils and other Sri Lankans. We can provide moral support to the SL Tamils who are being wronged by the SL Govt. But we must not get involved in the internal SL politics, because when that happens, a huge mess will be created (something like Pak involvement in Kashmir).

At the end of the day, we are Indians and we always stand by each other regardless of ethnicity or what state we belong to.

Well some 500 fishermans were killed by SL navy...
Even if they had crossed the boundary line as claimed, no one have the right to kill them according to international treaties regarding on fishermens !!
Thats the reason many are hating our own govt including me!!

Back
Top Bottom